Wild strawberry is a real home healer. In folk medicine, all parts of the plant are used, only they are collected at different periods, during flowering - leaves, and at the end of June - fragrant berries. You can also use for treating strawberry roots. But to find this berry in the glades, you need to try pretty hard, as it hides near the ground.
Composition of strawberries
Field and forest berries contain a huge amount of vitamins and trace elements necessary for the body. Field strawberries are the record for the content of calcium and iron. In addition, it contains:
- vitamins of groups A, B, C, E;
- citric, salicylic and malic acid;
- trace elements: phosphorus, iron, calcium, potassium, copper, manganese;
- proteins, carbohydrates, fiber;
- fructose, glucose and water.
Strawberries are low-calorie berries, but jam from them contains 220 kcal. In addition to berries in traditional medicine, you can use leaves that have a no less valuable backbone. Due to this, strawberry is considered the most effective and natural cure for many diseases.
Features of proper collection
It is necessary to collect ripe berries in the period from June to July, the berries must be dry. Therefore, it is better to choose the time early in the morning, after the dew comes down, or in the evening in sunny and dry weather. Wild strawberries should be ripe, without wrinkles and rot.
The best place for berries is a wicker basket. To prepare the berries for the winter, after harvesting, you need to sort out and spread them out in a thin layer to dry. When properly prepared, the berries will crumble and be stored in glass jars for a long time.
You can also make jam from strawberries, which retains all the beneficial properties of the berries, or simply freeze this healing gift of nature.
When it is necessary to harvest the leaves
In order to contain the maximum amount of useful substances in the raw materials, it is necessary to collect the leaves during the flowering period of the plant. In strawberries, it falls on May-June. Field and forest strawberry is a very useful plant. It allows you to solve many health problems.
In order not to damage the plants, it is better to cut the leaves with a sharp knife. At the same time, it is necessary to pay special attention to the fact that any damage to the raw material should be absent, and it should be cut off in dry sunny weather.
After collecting, the leaves should be dried thoroughly, spreading them in a thin layer in a well-ventilated place. Periodically, the raw material must be turned over so that the drying process is uniform.
Field strawberries: useful properties of berries and use in traditional medicine
Due to the unique composition of the strawberry is useful to use for any person, and is especially necessary for pregnant women. The advantages of the berries include:
- the content of folic acid, which is necessary for easy pregnancy and healthy development of the fetus;
- berry improves digestion, increases appetite and quenches thirst;
- strawberries are used to increase blood hemoglobin levels;
- trace elements in the composition of the berries have a positive effect on the state of the cardiovascular system and are actively involved in blood formation processes;
- the fiber contained improves intestinal function;
- strawberries are useful for people with high blood sugar levels, as it normalizes this indicator;
- strawberry removes excess cholesterol from the body;
- decoction prepared on the basis of leaves and berries, is a good tool for lowering blood pressure;
- in various inflammatory diseases of the digestive tract and disorders of the gallbladder is very useful in the use of strawberries;
- has a good diuretic effect, normalizes metabolic processes in the body;
- helps to cope with breakdown, exhaustion and nervous disorders, it is very useful for athletes.
Strawberry is a multivitamin berry, which is used in traditional medicine to treat many diseases.
Also, strawberries are used for home teeth whitening. It is necessary to knead a few berries and rub them on the teeth, then the mouth should be cleaned with a regular paste.
Despite the presence of a large number of useful properties, strawberries may have some contraindications to use:
- it is prohibited for people with individual intolerance, that is, for those who may have allergies when eating berries, this also applies to strawberry leaves;
- young children need to eat berries very carefully, introduce only a few things and carefully monitor the reaction;
- it is not recommended to eat berries on an empty stomach, since for most people it can cause severe discomfort;
- you can not eat strawberries with increased acidity of the stomach and in the presence of gastric ulcers or duodenal ulcers;
- it is forbidden to eat berries in large quantities, as they can cause rashes, redness, urticaria and itching.
Field strawberries are very useful only in moderate quantities, so it is important to always remember the rules of its use and the available contraindications.
Strawberry leaves are actively used for the preparation of medicinal tinctures and tea:
- decoction of leaves helps with respiratory diseases;
- to strengthen the walls of blood vessels and normalize the cardiovascular system, an infusion of strawberry leaves is used;
- infusion has antispasmodic properties;
- contained in the composition of the leaf tannins help with inflammatory processes of the gastrointestinal tract;
- tea has a diuretic effect, due to which it is actively used for puffiness;
- due to anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial action, the leaves are used for wound healing (fresh).
In addition, wild strawberry improves the general condition of the body, saturates it with vitamins and returns energy during a breakdown.
Application in cosmetology
Strawberry berries are actively used for cosmetic purposes. In the absence of allergy, a large number of nourishing masks for face and body can be made from them.
In the presence of freckles, pigment spots or dull skin field wild strawberries will help (see photo below). Its use has a beneficial effect on the condition of the integument. For masks, the berries are warmed up and applied on the face with a thin layer for 10 minutes. Depending on the skin type, you can add to the mass of olive oil or kefir.
When field strawberries are sown, it is important to saturate your body with it in time, providing good immunity and saturation with vitamins.