Strawberry Field is the most real home healer. In folk medicine all parts of the plant are used, only they are collected at different periods, during flowering - leaves, and at the end of June - fragrant berries. You can also use strawberry roots for treatment. But to find this berry in the glades, you need to try hard, because it hides near the ground.
Composition of strawberry
Field and forest berry contains a huge amount of vitamins and microelements necessary for the organism. Strawberry Field is a record holder for the content of calcium and iron. In addition, it contains:
- vitamins A, B, C, E;
- lemon, salicylic and malic acids;
- microelements: phosphorus, iron, calcium, potassium, copper, manganese;
- proteins, carbohydrates, fiber;
- fructose, glucose and water.
Strawberries are low-calorie berries, but jam from it contains 220 kcal. In addition to berries in folk medicine, you can use leaves that differ no less than valuable stagnation. It is due to this that strawberries are considered to be the most effective and natural remedy for many diseases.
Features of the right collection
Collect ripe berries are necessary in the period from June to July, berries should be dry. Therefore, it is better to choose time early in the morning, after the dew comes off, or in the evening in sunny and dry weather. Strawberry field must be ripe, without deformities and rot.
The best place for berries is a wicker basket. To prepare berries for the winter, they should be picked after harvesting and spread a thin layer to dry. If properly harvested, the berries will crumble and be stored for a long time in glass jars.
You can also make jam from strawberries, which preserves all the beneficial properties of berries, or simply freeze this healing gift of nature.
When it is necessary to harvest leaves
In order to contain the maximum amount of nutrients in the raw material, it is necessary to collect leaves during the flowering period of the plant. He has strawberries for May-June. Strawberry field and forest is a very useful plant. It allows you to solve a lot of health problems.
In order not to damage plants, it is better to cut off the leaves with a sharp knife. In this case, it is necessary to pay special attention to the fact that the raw materials should be free from any damage, and it should be cut in dry, sunny weather.
After collection, the leaves should be carefully dried, having spread them in a thin layer in a well-ventilated place. Periodically, the raw material needs to be turned over so that the drying process is uniform.
Strawberry field: useful properties of berries and use in folk medicine
Thanks to the unique composition of strawberries, it is useful to anyone, especially for pregnant women. The merits of berries include:
- the content of folic acid, which is necessary for easy pregnancy and healthy development of the fetus;
- berry improves digestion, increases appetite and quenches thirst well;
- strawberry is used to increase the level of hemoglobin in the blood;
- microelements, which are in the composition of berries, have a positive effect on the state of the cardiovascular system and actively participate in the processes of hematopoiesis;
- containing fiber improves intestinal function;
- strawberries are useful to people who have high blood sugar, as it normalizes this indicator;
- strawberries removes excess cholesterol from the body;
- the broth, prepared on the basis of leaves and berries, is a good means for lowering blood pressure;
- with various inflammatory diseases of the digestive tract and disorders of the gallbladder, it is very useful to use strawberries;
- has a good diuretic effect, normalizes metabolic processes in the body;
- helps to cope with the decline of power, exhaustion and nervous disorders, very useful for athletes.
Strawberries are multivitamin berries, which are used in folk medicine for the treatment of many diseases.
Also strawberries are used for home teeth whitening. It is necessary to stretch some berries and rub them on the teeth, after that the mouth needs to be cleaned with ordinary paste.
Despite the presence of a large number of beneficial properties, strawberries may have some contraindications to use:
- it is forbidden to people who have an individual intolerance, that is, those who have an allergy when eating berries, this also applies to the leaves of strawberries;
- to small children to use berries it is necessary very cautiously, to enter all on some things and closely to watch reaction;
- it is not recommended to eat berries on an empty stomach, as in most people this can cause severe discomfort;
- do not eat strawberries with increased acidity of the stomach and in the presence of stomach ulcers or duodenal ulcers;
- it is forbidden to eat berries in large quantities, as they can cause the appearance of rash, redness, hives and itching.
Strawberry field is very useful only in moderation, therefore it is important to always remember the rules of its use and existing contraindications.
The leaves of strawberries are actively used for preparing medicinal infusions and teas:
- decoction of leaves helps with respiratory diseases;
- to strengthen the walls of blood vessels and normalize the work of the cardiovascular system, use infusion of strawberry leaves;
- the infusion has antispasmodic properties;
- contained in the leaves of tannic substances help with inflammatory processes of the gastrointestinal tract;
- tea has a diuretic effect, due to which it is actively used for puffiness;
- thanks to anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial action, the leaves are used to heal wounds (fresh).
In addition, the field strawberry improves the general state of the body, saturates it with vitamins and returns energy with a decline in strength.
Application in cosmetology
Berries strawberries are actively used for cosmetic purposes. In the absence of allergies from them, you can make a large number of nutritious masks for the face and body.
In the presence of freckles, pigment spots or dull skin will help field strawberries (see photo below). Its application has a beneficial effect on the condition of the integument. For masks, the berries are kneaded and applied to the face with a thin layer for 10 minutes. Depending on the type of skin, you can add olive oil or kefir to the mass.
When the strawberries are sung, it is important to saturate your body in time, providing good immunity and satiety with vitamins.