Cutting a pipe into a pipe is necessary if a house or a premise is connected to existing sewerage or water supply systems. With your own hands or using the services of professionals - it does not matter, the main thing is that the resulting network should work properly and without interruption.
Types of frames
To know which way to do the work, it is necessary to understand which system is to be dealt with. According to the main features, the frames can be classified according to:
- Vidu - water, sewer, thermal.
- Material of pipes - plastic, cast iron, metal (galvanized), polypropylene, metal-plastic.
- Method - with the help of welding, using clamps and bandages.
Proceeding from the above, it can be concluded that the insertion of a pipe into a pipe for each case has its own algorithm. Consider simple ways to connect to existing networks that you can do on your own.
The need for the pull-out can occur when building a new system, and by increasing the number of consumer points (the connection of the drain of the washing machine, inset sink, equipment additional bathrooms/toilets, etc.). This can be done by cutting the pipe and without it.
The incision method
The insertion into the sewer pipe is most often carried out by inserting into the riser a branching tee. And it does not matter which material the system is made of.
- Compensating branch pipe.
- Plug on the pipe, if not expected to connect it in the near future.
- Measure carefully the height of the adapter and transfer this result to the riser.
- As accurately as possible, cut out a piece of pipe, where the tee will later rise.
- The subsequent actions depend on the material of the riser: a junction device is inserted into the metal, the edges of which are attached to the base by welding.
If the pipe is plastic, use appropriate size sockets and assemble the system.
Plastic vertical riser
The insertion of a pipe into a pipe made of nonmetallic materials is carried out in a similar manner to the first method:
- Measure the length of the compensator and cut out the corresponding piece from the riser.
- The resulting edges need to be cleaned with a file of irregularities and protruding fibers.
- Apply silicone sealant to the upper section of the riser.
- Tighten the spigot on it so that there is room for putting on the tee.
- Seal the lower section of the sealant and secure the tee on it.
- In the same way, lubricate the narrow part of the compensator and insert it into the socket of the tee so that a tight connection is obtained.
- If necessary, install a plug or continue to collect the sewer line from the point of branching.
The same way connect metal and cast-iron pipes. The difference lies in the difficulty of cutting and the method of connection: for fastening steel risers, welding or bolt-threaded-connection can be used.
Method without cut
Cutting a pipe into a pipe can be done using a finished adapter strip if the diameters have a significant difference, for example, a vertical riser is 90 mm, and a branch of 50 mm must be connected to it.
- First of all, warn the neighbors from above that you are going to conduct work. If the sewage is drained by sewage, the process will be very dirty and unpleasant.
- Drill a hole in the pipe with a diameter corresponding to the size of the tap of the adapter.
- Fix the cover plate with bolts and nuts.
The method has a significant drawback: since fibers and irregularities are not cleaned, during operation they collect various garbage: hair, hygiene items, small debris that can provoke clogging. Therefore, such branching should be made as accurately as possible.
Cutting into the water pipe may be necessary when:
- Connecting the house to the main water supply networks.
- Installation of metering devices.
- Connection of household appliances (dishwasher, washing machine, additional tap).
The insertion into the main water pipe includes a number of processes:
- coordination with various authorities;
- obtaining permits;
- measurement and geodetic survey;
- cutting of water conduit, insertion of adapters, tees, valves.
These operations can only be carried out by licensed services and teams, this can not be done on their own. Therefore, we will not go into the details of the process.
Increase the tap water inside the house or apartment can be done by yourself. The proposed tie-in should be located behind the meter, if the house is powered from a well or well, then anywhere.
In modern apartments, various types of plastic pipes are mainly installed. This is due to their low cost, ease of installation, durability and practicality of such systems. To connect additional branches in such is not difficult:
- Shut off the water supply system.
- In the right places through the grinder or pipe cutter to make cuts in the tube, freeing up space for inserting a tee. It is advisable to place a basin or a rag under the work place to the remains of the liquid in the conduit is not dripping on the floor.
- The installation of the tee can be done in two ways:
- Installation details standard electrical coupling. To do this, the joints process welding machine. A soldering iron is not recommended because it heated through the plot difficult to insert into the existing pipe.
- With the help of collet clamps and press couplings.
4. A valve is installed in the branch outlet of the tee, which will regulate the flow of water to the connected direction.
Now you can open the water supply and use the system.
The insertion into the plastic pipe can be performed for one consumer through a tee, or for several - through a manifold. It is installed by the same algorithm, only the shut-off valves need not be mounted - they are on the device itself. The collector is able to supply several consumers with water at the same time, while the main pipe remains as much as possible.