Life originated in water. You can't argue with that. Therefore, water is one of the most important components necessary for the normal functioning of the body. All major processes in the human body occur with the participation of this invaluable fluid. In its absence, organs and systems fail with the development of various diseases.
Water inside each of us
There is a lot of water in the human body. Its greatest content is found in the gastric juice (about 99%), slightly less in the blood (92%), in muscle tissue and in the medulla up to 75%, and in the hardest bone tissue, strange as it sounds, is present before 25% of this substance.The conclusion suggests itself: to maintain all organs and systems in a physiologically normal state, it is necessary to drink sufficient amounts of clean water.
But how to determine how much of this invaluable substance every person should use daily? It is quite simple to calculate by the amount of fluid that we lose daily.
How much water do we lose daily?
In normal functioning, the human body releases water through the following processes:
- excretion with the help of kidneys - about 1.2 l;
- the work of sweat glands - 0.85 l;
- breathing - 0.33 l;
- the functioning of the intestine -0.15 l.
If you sum up all the above figures, you get about 2.5 liters per day. This amount of water our body loses every day at an average temperature of air. In the hot season due to the intensification of metabolic processes, the amount of excreted moisture increases to 4-5 liters per day. In order that in an organism there were no scarce states, it is necessary to fill in by all means the lost water.
How best to replenish the body of water?
We replenish water reserves with food and drink. This happens as follows:
- with drinks and liquid food about 1.2 liters enter the body, which is 50% of the daily need of the human body for water;
- still about a liter, we "drink" with solid food.
The latter fact will seem strange to many, but this is true. All foods contain more or less water. For example, meat has about 60% moisture, bread - up to 50%, in fish almost 70% of this substance, in porridge - 80%, and most of all - in fruits and vegetables - up to 90%.
Does water help normalize weight?
Nutritionists insist that it is best to use water in its purest form. Its amount depends on the weight of the person, time of year and level of physical activity. The average is approximately 2.5 liters of water per day.Many people who want to keep fit, are interested in this question: “Do we need water to lose weight?”. Reviews nutritionists and their grateful patients argue that it is necessary. Drinking enough water to keep your weight under control is much easier.
While exhausting themselves with numerous diets, some overweight people are not aware of the importance of maintaining a proper drinking regimen. Water for weight loss is the most loyal assistant. This is confirmed by scientific research.
What did the experts find out?
Teaching from the US state of Virginia conducted research among people suffering from overweight. They were divided into two groups. Some kept their usual drinking regime. People from the second group drank a glass of water before each meal. As a result, the weight loss in the second group was greater than in the first. Therefore, water for weight loss is a powerful tool.
The mechanism of formation and release of energy in the human body is built with the obligatory presence of water molecules. Under conditions of lack of this substance, the body suffers a lack of oxygen, and glucose consumption occurs along the path of anaerobic glycolysis. As a result of this process, lactic acid and two molecules of adenosine triphosphate, or ATP, are formed. While in the presence of a sufficient amount of water and oxygen, the splitting of glucose follows the aerobic glycolysis scheme. As a result, pyruvic acid and 8 ATP molecules are obtained. Thus, in the presence of water, the human body is able to utilize nutrients in a more energy-intensive way. Consequently, the body fat is burned more. That is why it is very important to drink water for weight loss.
Anaerobic glycolysis is a process with the lowest energy efficiency, but under stress, the body uses this scheme for emergency energy extraction.
Under conditions of water deficiency, the cell envelope is much worse at missing the necessary nutrients, and releases the waste products into the lymph.
It was established experimentally that a sufficient amount of fluid speeds up the metabolism by 3%. The weight loss process is enhanced by the same amount if you drink water. For weight loss is the surest way. But the use of this substance is subject to certain rules. Thoughtless and indiscriminate drinking will not bring the desired effect and may provoke some health troubles.
How to drink water to lose weight?
The benefits of water for weight loss and recovery of the body will be maximized if you follow the following recommendations:
- Drinking a glass of water before eating will reduce the appetite and take up space in the stomach. This means that a smaller amount will be eaten during the meal. Many Hollywood stars follow this advice and take a glass of water an hour before meals. And about this method, like drinking on an empty stomach in the morning, there are legends. Water on an empty stomach for weight loss, reviews of people struggling with obesity - proof of this is one of the most effective recipes. All those who are in good physical shape start their day this way.
- Water should be warm. Nutritionists do not recommend drinking cold water. Additional energy is spent on its warming, and fatty food becomes thicker and more difficult to digest. Experts on weight loss say that drinking cold water and drinks can provoke an even greater weight gain. This is due to the fact that low-temperature liquid reduces the time that food stays in the stomach to 20 minutes. The semi-digested food moves further into the intestines, and the person feels hungry again. On this principle, many institutions that sell fast food. They offer drinks with ice to hamburgers and receive dividends from the appetite of visitors. Thus, if you drink it cold, the benefits of water for weight loss will be reduced to zero.
- Do not forget that water is the best drink. In European restaurants and cafes there is usually a carafe of drinking water on the table. For Russia, this is a rarity. When you come to the restaurant, do not hesitate to ask the waiter for a glass of water before eating. This drink will bring the greatest benefit to the body and will save you from unnecessary expenses for unnecessary and expensive aperitifs and cocktails.
- Health nutrition experts recommend choosing drinking water in glass bottles. The fact is that a very harmful substance is released from plastic containers - bisphenol A. This compound is made faster with increasing temperature. Bisphenol A adversely affects the reproductive and cardiovascular systems of the human body and can cause the development of serious diseases. If you need the best water for weight loss, reviews nutritionists - to confirm that, choose a product in glass bottles.
- If the taste of water seems too fresh, then you can add the juice of lemon or orange. This will not only allow you to enjoy new sensations, but also produce a health effect.
- Do not think that the standard for drinking water is the same for everyone. The amount of moisture the body needs depends on the individual characteristics: weight, the presence of chronic diseases, time of year and metabolic rate. Taking into account all these factors, you can calculate how much water will be needed for losing weight. The recipe or formula for calculating the desired volume will prompt the dietitian. Check with the doctor and remember that you must drink, especially when you want.
With or without gas?
The best water for weight loss is non-carbonated and not too mineralized. An excess of mineral salts can lead to irreversible changes in metabolism. Carbon dioxide, which saturate the water itself is not dangerous. However, it causes belching and increased flatulence in the intestines. In addition, there is evidence that carbonated water contributes to the formation of kidney stones.
Is it good to drink water on an empty stomach?
In the fight against overweight there is nothing more effective than water on an empty stomach. For weight loss, this technique is very effective. This good habit has the following effects on the body:
- triggers the digestive process;
- the problem of constipation is eliminated;
- the brain begins to work more actively and more productively;
- the state of health improves;
- there is a surge of strength and vitality;
- activated metabolic processes.
What is the use of water with honey?
There is a simple and ingenious recipe for health that can work wonders. There is nothing more affordable and effective, like honey water for weight loss and recovery.This delicious and healthy drink acts on the body as follows:
- normalizes the digestive tract;
- contributes to the full work of bile in the liver;
- eliminates chronic constipation, providing a slight laxative effect on the intestines;
- gives vitality;
- strengthens the immune system;
- reduces cravings for sweets, as it contains fructose, a natural sweetener;
- promotes tissue regeneration and rejuvenation of the body.
Honey water for weight loss
Honey contains many biologically active components: vitamins, minerals, enzymes and other beneficial substances. Dissolving in a glass of warm water a spoonful of this magical product of beekeeping, we get an incredibly tasty and healthy drink called “honey water”. For weight loss, this tool has shown high efficiency. If you drink it in the morning on an empty stomach, the nutrients instantly enter the bloodstream and spread throughout the body. The active components of honey penetrate into the cells of all organs and tissues and fill them with a lack of vital components. As a result, the work of all organs and systems of the human body is normalized. The body is freed from toxins and toxins accumulated throughout life. This directly contributes to weight loss.
Since honey water regulates metabolism, the accumulation of fat under the condition of a balanced diet will not occur anymore. Many are interested in the question of how to prepare honey water for weight loss. The recipe is incredibly simple: in a glass of boiled water you need to put a teaspoon of good quality honey. If after using such an elixir on an empty stomach to do light gymnastics or take a run, then the process of cleansing the body and losing weight will become much more intense.
Honey contains fructose and is a very high-calorie product. It will help you quickly regain strength after workouts in the gym and will serve as an excellent alternative to sweets for those who follow a strict diet.
In order to achieve the highest effect of weight loss with the help of honey water, you need to use this drink twice a day: on an empty stomach in the morning and evening before dinner. This method will achieve impressive results. To make this drink, you need a glass of warm water and a teaspoon of good honey. But there is one important feature. Water with honey for weight loss should be no hotter than 40 degrees. If its temperature is higher, then all the useful properties of honey will be lost. People who are prone to allergies, should be wary of such a drink, like honey water. For weight loss, they should choose a safer method.
What is useful water with lemon?
Another magic drink is water with lemon. For weight loss, reviews of the American nutritionist Theresa Chong confirm this, this tool is one of the best. This drink has such wonderful features as:
- lower blood sugar levels;
- stimulation of the liver and gallbladder;
- cleanses the body of toxins and slags;
- contains dietary fiber - pectins, due to which there is a rapid saturation of the body, besides the feeling of satiety persists for a long time;
- vitamin C contained in large quantities of lemon contributes to more intensive weight loss.
How to lose weight with water and lemon?
Teresa Chong wrote a whole book on a topic such as water with lemon for weight loss. Reviews about this method of dealing with obesity are the most admired. For example, the famous American singer Beyonce Knowles lost 10 kilograms with water and lemon.In order to achieve this amazing effect, you need to follow some rules:
- In the morning on an empty stomach should drink water with the addition of lemon juice. You can take a few slices of fruit and knead it in warm water.
- Lemon zest can be added to salads, and the juice sprinkled with fish and meat.
- With lemon ground in a blender it is useful to drink tea.
- If you follow the lemon diet, you need to drink plenty of water. This need is due to the increased acidity of citrus.
- Drinking lemon water with ice is not recommended.
When you use this drink stimulates digestion. Thus, food is absorbed much better. Pectins allow you to keep your appetite under control and contribute to rapid saturation during the meal. These substances, like a sponge, absorb all the harmful substances that have accumulated in the intestines, and remove them from the human body. This is the first step to losing weight and keeping a good result in the fight against overweight.
From the above, we can conclude that lemon water is ideal for losing weight. However, please note that this drink has contraindications. If you have an increased acidity of the stomach, an allergy to citrus fruits or thinned tooth enamel, then it is better to refuse to lose weight with the help of lemon and water.
The most useful habit
Drinking water is necessary not only for those who want to lose weight. This is a very good habit that you need to stick to all your life. No drink can match the good drinking water. This magical fluid is able to maintain the normal functioning of all organs and systems of the human body, give vigor and strength, prolong the youth of the body and spirit.