To poultry, and are provided with timely access to the feed, using a special feeder. They can be purchased in specialized stores or easily make your own hands available improvised means.
Types of feeders
The feeders for the avian inhabitants of the courtyards differ in their size, method of attachment, type of feed, for which they are intended, and the manner of their presentation.
Depending on the type of fixture distinguish feeders:
Wall types are fixed with brackets to the external or internal walls of the chicken coop or the bars of the grid.
For distribution of green fodder use so-called feeders-mesh. Food in them lay through the gaps. To me you can come and hanging mesh net outdoor or portable feeders.
Depending on the way of falling asleep and receipts for poultry feed, there are the following fixtures:
- the flume
- hopper feeders, also called automatic.
The flume models usually are equipped with a special limiter in order for the birds not scattered food. These designs are great for feeding dry and wet food of young animals and birds of small size.
Zhelobkova design equipped with turntables or removable grilles. Their main purpose is to protect feed from dirt, which when feeding Pets can fall into the trough.
Bunker models are called so because their design used a special tank (capacity) from which the tray feeding gradually posypaetsya food as it is eating.
Consider how to make a feeder for chickens with your own hands.
Manufacturer of hopper feeders
Bunker (automatic) feeders for birds are the most convenient option for Pets and their owners. For the manufacture of such a device should prepare:
- plastic canister 10 l
- plywood or hardwood sheet size 200 x 200 mm
- a piece of plastic sewer pipe whose height is 150 mm;
- cut plastic water pipe with a height of 300 mm
- mounting material
Hopper feeder for chickens with their hands is made as follows.
- A piece of sewer pipe to attach to the base, with corners and screws.
- Cut the lower edge of the plumbing pipe at a diameter of 15 cm and make a transverse incision so that it coincides with the longitudinal one.
- Finished water pipe to install in the sewer, wider, up uncircumcised part. For mounting it is only two screws.
- The next step is to trim the bottom of the canister and to make tight docking of the neck with the finished design, using tape or insulating tape.
- Hopper feeder for chickens with their hands (photo attached) is made. It remains only to attach it to a pole or the wall of the barn using a nail and string.
Volume of standard canisters (tanks) 6 liters will be enough for feeding dry food three dozen broilers during the day.
The main advantages of the automatic feeder
- Hopper feeder for Chicks, made, has a more economical use of feed (the birds do not stain and do not scatter).
- Feed is laid only once a day. This is very convenient, as it allows you to do other things.
- Very easy to keep records of feed consumption and to plan a time to purchase the next batch.
Simple designs of bird feeders improvised
A simple and functional feeder for broiler chickens with their own hands can be made of materials that are available on almost every backyard plot. In addition to tools (hacksaws, grinders or files), you will need:
- a long piece of plastic sewer pipe of large diameter;
- tee, which is used in plumbing;
- a few pieces of plugs.
Cut sewer of plastic pipe about a meter long should be cut crosswise into shorter pieces: 10, 20 and 70 cm At one edge of the longest segment to attach the cover. On the other end to wear a tee to which to screw the 20-inch section of pipe. The opposite edge also need to close the cap. The short section (10-inch) sewer pipes install on the same tee. Feeder for chickens with their hands made. There was only her securely attach to the wall of the shed.
Another very simple model of the feeder. To make it you need to take:
- 2 piece of PVC pipe with a length of 0.3 and 0.5 meters
- two plugs;
- an electric drill or jigsaw.
This feeder for chickens with their hands is this:
- at the bottom of a 0.5-metre segment of pipe on both sides mark and drill staggered not very large holes, which in the future will need to expand to a diameter of 7 cm, the broilers did not injure my head, reaching for the feed
- screw the cap onto one end, and attach a 0.3-meter section to the other through the knee, the other end of which is tightly closed - feed will be poured through it if necessary.
The manufacture of such a model takes a minimum of time, and it is functional no less than factory designs.
There are also two-tier wooden devices for feed, suspension devices from large plastic tanks without bottom, feeders in the form of boxes.
To equip functional simple drinkers and feeders for chickens with your own hands under the power of any master, especially since materials are always at hand on the backyard.