If you have received a leg injury, about what to do in such a situation, it is very important to know. From the literate reaction, or its absence, depends directly on the fact how long I have to endure the swelling and pain.
How to distinguish edema from injury
Before therapeutic measures, with obvious limb injury, it is necessary to find out what happened – a fracture or injury.
For a clearer picture it is necessary to study the symptoms of both types of damage.
– there is severe pain, which increases
– injured foot can not move
– formed a strong swelling, swelling and hematoma
the leg after the injury bends at an unnatural angle for her
– in the area of injury appear bumps that hurt.
– injured area swells
- the pain that occurred during the injury, albeit severe, but subsides with time;
– hematoma, in contrast to the fracture, is formed immediately, but only 2-3 days later, and provided that there was a contusion of the bone tissue
– the injured person cannot move the injured leg because of the swelling.
In other words, if a woman hurt her foot, she will be able to move, even if it will be accompanied by pain.
In turn, the injuries that can be on different parts of the feet, and in some cases, the steps are slightly different.
Contusion lower leg
When you damage this part of the lower limb, the formation of hematomas. This fact is explained by the fact that calf muscles are less massive than, say, on the thigh. Therefore, if the woman hurt her foot in this place, the treatment process should be approached thoroughly.
With this injury, in most cases, damaged the front face of the tibia, as it is closest to the skin surface. Feature of the pain syndrome when such injury is the fact that the pain within 2-3 hours, may subside and then recur and become stronger.
In most cases, a woman complains that she hurt her leg in the lower leg after falling from a small height, playing sports, or directly striking the lower leg in everyday life.
Treatment injury Shin
If you were injured, this part of the foot, the first thing you need to stop loading the injured limb. Better to take a sitting position, and beneath the foot a few cushions, thereby raising it. During the first days after a trauma it is necessary to apply cold to an injured area (20 minutes contact and the same pause). This will stop the internal bleeding.
If a woman hurt her foot in the lower leg area, after 3 days from the moment of injury you should use heat treatments. We are talking about baths and compresses. Also need to apply iodine grid on the skin. Superfluous are ointments that have anti-inflammatory and anti-edema effect. If there is a bump, you need a massage.
For large and old hematomas, you should consult a doctor for an autopsy.
In this type of injury often formed a hematoma, which is the result of extensive bleeding. If such damage does not begin to treat, the possible complications.
You can recognize this type of injury by the following symptoms:
- hip girth increases, bruising and noticeable swelling appear;
- due to severe pain, the joint cannot be bent normally;
- during the feeling of the thigh, pain is felt, both local and diffuse over the entire surface;
– possible manifestation of signs of toxicity and inflammation: the body temperature rises and increased lymph nodes.
As with any other injury, his leg needed to be left alone, not to burden her. The affected area is bandaged with an elastic bandage, but not too hard that the skin below the bandage started to turn blue.
Bruised feet. What to do?
If you received a bruised leg, treatment delay is not worth it: for 15 minutes you need to make the ice, after a pause of 20 min to repeat this procedure. If the pain is too strong, it is recommended to take pain medication ("Ketonal", "Analgin", "Take").
To the doctor need to go in any case. This is important because of the need for quality diagnostics in injuries of this kind.
Do not make hasty and inappropriate decisions if you have received a leg injury. What to do in such a situation, especially in the case when it comes to hip, tells the experience of conservative treatment:
- For 7-10 days after injury need to give up any loads. This means that you have to go rarely and to keep the leg primarily in the horizontal position, using pillows to elevate the foot. In the case of edema should be fixed on the hip elastic bandages, but must be removed at night.
- No harm will be physiotherapy. We are talking about magnetic therapy and electrophoresis with novocaine and potassium iodide (after 3rd day). They are appointed to ensure rapid resorption of hematomas. A week may be electrical stimulation, UHF, suction massage.
- If fixed leg swelling after injury of the thigh, you should take nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs ("celebrex", "Nise", "Movalis"), which successfully cope with the swelling and remove soreness. In that case, if the pain can not be called intensive, will use such local means as "Fastum gel", "Fibroid", "Diklak". Is to apply them thrice a day for 10-12 days.
- Exercises are also a necessary health measure. You can engage in after a week of recovery. Moderate load is needed to prevent stiffness of the joint and improve blood circulation in the injured area.
If there was to be a severe contusion to the hip, the treatment should be carried out in a hospital.
General principles of impact on injury
Many active people received an unexpected injury, you want to know how to quickly heal a leg injury. In the speed of recovery play an important role, the actions that were taken in the first minutes after damage.
As soon as the foot was injured, the injured part must be cooled. For these purposes perfect a compress with ice, a pack of butter from the fridge or any cold object. Quick cooling is necessary in order not to allow the spread of the hematoma, relieve pain and swelling.
When after receiving the injury will take a few days, you go to the effects on the damaged place heat. It involves the use of hot water bottles with hot water, UHF and warming compresses. Owing to such procedures in the body aktiviziruyutsya the process of resorption of hematomas.
To restore the leg, need to use non-steroidal anti-inflammatory gels and ointments. They should apply four times daily, with need to cover the entire affected area of the foot. It is also important to follow a simple principle: the more swelling, the thicker layer of the ointment.
There are many effective recipes that can relieve pain and swelling, so it makes sense to dwell on only a few of them:
- Wax and oil. It is necessary to mix beeswax and butter, boil them. The resulting solution can handle the damaged area.
- Salt lotions. For their preparation you will need 2 liters of water, 100 g of salt. In solution it is recommended to add a bit of chamomile, birch and Laurel leaves. All that you need to boil and wait until the resulting solution has fully cooled down. Next, you need to moisten in a solution towel, squeeze it and apply to the damaged areas.
- Camphor. It is recommended to rub a bruised place with camphor alcohol, since the agent has a warming effect, due to which the inflammatory process quickly passes and the hematoma is absorbed.
The result is very simple: in case of injury it is important to quickly and competently respond, then the former leg mobility will be restored as soon as possible.
If the leg does not actually move, an urgent need to consult a doctor.