Modern kids can not boast of excellent health. And, most remarkable, the problems in babies begin from a very early age, from the first year of life. One of the most common diseases is hip dysplasia. But there is a solution, and this problem is fixable. When tires of Vilnius are still assigned, how to wear them correctly and there is a lot more about what is interesting now and will be discussed.
What it is?
Initially, you need to understand what this structure is and what it looks like. So, this is a device that is worn on the legs of a baby, fixing them in a certain way (widely spaced). What do the tires of Vilnius look like? This is a steel strut with a special telescopic mechanism, which makes it possible to adjust the distance, and cuffs that dress on the shin or thigh of the crumbs for a good fixation of the device.
Why are children of Vilna used to be prescribed for children? So, they are designed to reduce the load on the joint, as well as center the head of the hip joint. It should be noted that this device can be worn on clothing, and on the bare legs of the crumbs (depending on the ambient temperature). You can not be afraid of allergic reactions or other skin irritations, because the material from which Vilna tires are made is environmentally friendly. The composition also includes stainless steel, aluminum alloys, as well as leather for cuffs.
On the size of the orthopedic apparatus
Be sure to also be noted that the tires Vilna come in three different sizes:
- Small Designed for children whose age has not yet reached three months. The width of the legs in this case varies in the range of 160-230 mm.
- Average. This design is prescribed to children from three months to a year. The divorce of the legs here can be from 210 mm to 330 mm.
- Big. This is a device for one-year-olds. Limbs in this case can be divorced to a width of from 295 to 495 mm.
It is worth noting that the Vilnius tires need to be bought only in specialized stores. But even better to make them to order in accordance with the size of the crumbs. It is also not recommended to buy this device from hands.
Indications for use
As mentioned above, in case of hip dysplasia, the Vilna splint is prescribed. Reviews of parents of young patients with this diagnosis are positive. However, only if the fixture is worn regularly and all the rules for using the structure are observed. A different case, when it is also prescribed for wearing the tire of Vilensky, is a hip dislocation (congenital). This is a special malformation of the musculoskeletal system of the baby, when it is not working correctly and at the same time the multiple elements of the hip joint develop a little incorrectly. Consider this diagnosis can be on the external asymmetric folds on the thigh. Also, a child may have one limb shorter than the other.
It should be noted that with these diagnoses, children can be assigned to wear not only the tire of Vilna. You can also wear such attachments as a tire-strut, Pavlik's stirrups, the CITO tire and others.
How to properly wear this design
Be sure to also have to talk about how to wear a Vilna tire. The first time a doctor should do this. He will show how correctly and in what sequence these or other elements of this orthopedic device are put on. All that the doctor explains, you need to carefully remember. The very procedure of dressing the structure will consist of the following steps:
- First you need to put the baby on the back and properly spread his legs. This should be done as the attending doctor has previously shown.
- Next, you need to skip one leg of the child in a leather cuff. It should be fixed exactly at the level indicated by the doctor. It should be noted that the Vilna tire can be put on different levels of legs. Therefore, you need to understand exactly where the pinnacle should be fastened to the pinnacle.
- Cuffs must be tightly laced. However, it must be remembered that it is impossible to bandage the limb of a child too tightly. After all, it can also harm the baby.
- The above manipulations must also be done with the second leg of the crumbs.
Rules of wearing devices
It is already clear how a Vilensky tire is worn. How to wear this device - this also needs to be told. After all, it depends on the effectiveness of this design.
- It must be remembered that the tire is fixed as tightly as possible at a certain part of the leg. To do this, it is necessary to properly lace up. After all, if a part of the structure slips off, the desired therapeutic effect will not be achieved.
- The tire must be worn constantly! This, of course, scares many parents. But only with constant wear it can help to cope with the problem. You can remove the design only while bathing crumbs. In other cases, it is constantly on the legs of the baby. And even during sleep. Sorry crumbs do not need. After all, the child does not bring this device special discomfort. But later, the child will say thank you to the parents for the beauty and health of their feet.
- Understanding how to wear the Vilna tire, it should be noted that this design is assigned to children for wearing for a period of 4 to 9 months on an ongoing basis. There can be no quick therapeutic effect with such problems.
- The tire will have a width adjustment control. It is better to pre-secure it, for example, with scotch tape or insulating tape. And all so that the crumb could not move this key during the game, thus changing the distance between the legs.
- And in order to facilitate the process of dressing while wearing a Vilensky tire, it is best for a child to buy clothes that fasten on legs with buttons.
The Vilna tire is a device that helps to cope with a hip dislocation or dysplasia. However, only if the parents comply with all the rules of wearing designs. Alternatively, if the mother does not want to burden the child with a tire, she can go with the baby for the operation. But we must remember that surgery is more traumatic for the body of each person, and especially the child, than temporary discomfort.