Sheeting is a versatile finishing material for wall cladding and the top layer of the roof. Simplicity of installation makes metal sheets indispensable for the need for quick work, and a wide range of colors allows you to choose a solution for any facade.
Variety of species
If you decide to sheathe the roof or facade with profiled sheets, then when choosing, you will learn that there are many varieties of them. The differences are:
From the combination of these parameters will depend both on the operational characteristics and the pitch of the sheathing under the professional flooring, which is calculated for each specific case separately.
In addition, the sheets are divided by size for a specific use: for walls, fences, roofs.
Classification of a professional flooring on a scope
- Metal sheets with galvanized coating "C" (C8, C10 ... C20). Used to overlap walls, fences and external fences, model C20 is widely distributed as a roofing material. Profile height is 8 ... 44 mm, metal thickness is 0.35 ... 0.8 mm. Refers to the economy version, because you should not use it for critical structures.
- The base sheet of the corrugated board is designated “H” (H57 ... H75). So cover the roofs of buildings for various purposes, fences, responsible structures. These profiles have additional stiffeners on the trapezium, which increase the bearing capacity of the model. The height of such does not exceed 44 mm, the sheet thickness is 0.5 ... 1.2 mm.
- Universal is a sheet of corrugated with the designation "NA". It can be used as wall and roofing material, floor element, formwork. Combines a small mass, like a wall sample, and the strength of the carrier. The sheet thickness is 0.45 ... 0.9 mm.
When choosing a facing material, along with the designation, it is necessary to consider the dimensions of the web.
The length of the sheet is calculated in advance, it is recommended to coordinate it when ordering from the manufacturer: in the manufacture of a profile, special equipment will be able to trim the required section as accurately and accurately as possible.
Width of a professional flooring cloth fixed:
- "C": 1047 ... 1200 mm;
- "H": 807 ... 960 mm;
- "NS": 1060 ... 1070 mm.
When calculating the required amount, consider the margin for overlapping adjacent sheets (about 30 - 60 mm).
The thickness of the metal affects the lining strength along with the profile height. For cladding walls and fences, it is optimal to use 0.5-0.55 mm; for roofing, a durable material no thinner than 0.7-0.8 mm is required.
Properly performed work on the attachment of profiled sheets will provide reliable and long service coverage. Correct calculation and installation of the lathing under the cladding is the key to successful work and effective result. What it can be made of:
- wooden bars;
- metal guides.
The wooden crate is used on pitched roofs, it transfers the entire load coming from the roof to the rafter legs. It is made of bars, poles, boards, which are fastened by means of nails and screws parallel to each other with a certain step perpendicular to the rafters.
Metal guides are used as a base for corrugated flooring, the sheet size of which has large dimensions and a thickness of more than 0.7 mm. The total weight of such lining requires reliable support.
Sheets are attached to the crate only with screws.
Size and pitch of crates
By the way the devices are distinguished:
- Solid crate. For this, bars should be mounted at a distance of 10 mm from each other. Plywood, OSB, OSB can be used as a basis.
- Standard from bars with a step of 20-40 cm.
- Sparse with an increased interval between boards up to 75 cm.
The calculation of the pitch of the batten is carried out differently for each type of sheet and structure.
- Roofing with a minimum slope requires solid flooring or the step between the bars should not exceed 400 mm.
- For a roof with a slope of up to 30 0 the distance between the rails may be 300-650 mm.
- A large angle of inclination can be equipped with a crate in increments of up to 1000 mm.
- With a small slope of up to 8-10 0 sheets with increased stiffness and weight can be mounted on the base with the distance between the bars over 1000 mm.
The dependence of the type of profiled sheeting, the slope of the roof and the pitch of the batten can be conventionally seen in the table:
The pitch of the sheathing for corrugated boarding can be specified in the accompanying sheet documentation provided by the manufacturer / seller. This value complies with the requirements of SNiP.
Amount of material and cost
After you have determined the pitch of the sheathing for sheeting, you should choose the size of the bars or planks for the base, if it is planned to be wooden.
Requirements for raw materials:
- Wooden elements must be strong, without damage.
- The timber should be dry, treated with antiseptics and other substances that increase the life of the support and prevent rotting, the development of microorganisms.
- The minimum allowable cross-section of a bar is 50x50 mm, for boards the height is from 20 mm. The choice of basis will determine the profiled: sheet size, its design and weight. Accordingly, the more powerful the canvas, the larger the section of the supports.
For metal obreshetki use special profiles.
To determine the required amount of material for the base, count the number of bars according to the selected step for a given type of profiled sheet.
The cost of a cubic meter of wooden board depends on the degree of its processing and section parameters. It is possible to use both cut, and not cut. The price for 1 m 3 starts from 3500 rubles.
If the roof lathing for corrugated flooring is made of bars, it will cost more: from 4800-5000 rubles. for 1 m 3.
After all the calculations and the purchase of the material, you can proceed directly to the assembly of the structure. It is worth noting that the work can be trusted both to professionals and to do it yourself.
The installation of the lathing for corrugated flooring for different parts of the building is performed in a special way, since the structures perceive the incoming load in different ways. Accordingly, the dimensions of the supporting elements, their attachment to the base, the further arrangement of metal sheets and the coating assembly algorithm depend on this.
How to make a crate for corrugated roofing
First of all, the preparatory work on the installation of the roofing system is carried out: a waterproof membrane or roofing material is laid over the rafter legs and fixed with a counter-grid - in 50x50 cm bars. Next, the crate itself is mounted:
- Make a markup of future fixtures timber or board. For the device of a continuous web, consider the gaps for seasonal deformations of at least 10 mm.
- Make marks on the boards, which form the cornice overhang according to the project.
- Laying guides produced from the bottom up.
- The fastening of the elements of the batten to the counter lattice is carried out with the help of nails or staples.
- The extreme bars in the places of fastenings are fixed with 2 fasteners to increase the strength of the coating under heavy loads.
The lathing is ready, it is possible to make installation of a professional flooring.
Flat roof collection
Often, the roof of industrial buildings is covered with sheets of corrugated sheeting, which have considerable weight. For crates in such cases, use of profiled metal pipes.
- Laying guides produce strictly on a horizontal level on the support.
- The elements are connected by arc welding.
- The joints should be treated with special anti-corrosion enamel or primer to prevent metal oxidation in these areas.
- In this case, the pitch of the lathing for professional flooring should not exceed 1000 mm, since a reliable base is required.
- Fastening cloths produced by screws.
Installation of wall batten
For fastening the profiled sheets to the horizontal plane, use metal profiles of the type “Z”. Their thickness is 0.5-0.6 mm for a standard wall sheet with a sheet thickness of 0.5 mm and a profile height of up to 20 mm. The width of the horizontal shelf of the guide profile depends on the layering of the facade (the presence of insulation, air gaps).
It is recommended to mount the lathing on self-made brackets assembled from a profiled pipe and a piece of reinforcement. Due to the length of the latter, you can adjust the overall horizontal plane of the wall, which, as a rule, has a large number of irregularities. The brackets are installed in the wall with a perforator, level, hammer.
The installation of the guide profiles of the lathing is performed to the brackets on top of the screws in the horizontal direction.
The distance of sheathing under profiled sheeting is 900-1000 mm between guides. Above the window and door openings should install the profile on the bottom edge for easy installation.
The lining can be made on a wooden crate, for such a use of a bar of increased section, which can withstand the mass of metal.