Profiled sheeting is a universal finishing material for facing the walls and the top layer of the roof. Simplicity of installation makes metal sheets indispensable for fast work, and a wide range of colors allows you to choose the solution for any facade.
Variety of species
If you decide to trim the roof or facade with profiled sheets, then when you find out that there are many of their varieties. The differences are:
From the combination of these parameters will depend on both the performance characteristics and the step of the crate under the corrugated board, which is calculated for each specific case separately.
In addition, the sheets are divided in size for a specific use: for walls, fences, roofs.
Classification of corrugated board according to the field of application
- Metal sheets with galvanized coating "C" (C8, C10 ... C20). Used for covering walls, fences and external fences, model C20 is widely distributed as roofing material. The height of the profile is 8 ... 44 mm, the thickness of the metal is 0.35 ... 0.8 mm. Refers to the economy option, so do not use it for responsible designs.
- The bearing sheet of corrugated board has the designation "Н" (Н57 ... Н75). Such cover roofs of buildings for various purposes, fences, responsible structures. These profiles have additional stiffeners on the trapezoids, which strengthen the bearing capacity of the model. The height of these does not exceed 44 mm, the thickness of the sheet is 0.5 ... 1.2 mm.
- Universal is the sheet of corrugated board with the designation "NS". It can be used as a wall and roofing material, an element of overlapping, formwork. It combines a small mass, like a wall sample, and the strength of the carrier. The thickness of the sheet is 0.45 ... 0.9 mm.
When choosing the facing material, in addition to the designation, it is necessary to take into account the dimensions of the web.
The length of the sheet is calculated in advance, it is recommended to coordinate it when ordering from the manufacturer: during the manufacture of the profile, special equipment will be able to cut the required area as accurately and accurately as possible.
The width of the corrugated sheet is fixed:
- "C": 1047 ... 1200 mm;
- "H": 807 ... 960 mm;
- "HC": 1060 ... 1070 mm.
When calculating the required quantity, consider the margin for overlapping adjacent sheets (about 30 - 60 mm).
The thickness of the metal affects the strength of the lining along with the height of the profile. For facing walls and fences, it is optimal to use 0.5-0.55 mm, for a roof a strong material is required not thinner than 0.7-0.8 mm.
Basis for installation
Correctly made work on attaching profiled sheets will ensure a reliable and long service coverage. Correct calculation and installation of the lath under the lining is the key to successful work and effective results. What it can be made of:
- wooden beams;
- metal rail.
Wooden crate used on pitched roofs, it transfers all incoming from the roof load on the rafter feet. It is made of beams, poles, boards, which are fastened by means of nails and screws parallel to each other with a certain step perpendicular to the rafters.
Metal guides are used as a basis for profiled sheeting, whose sheet size has large dimensions and thicknesses exceeding 0.7 mm. The total weight of this cladding requires reliable support.
Sheets are fastened to the crate only with self-tapping screws.
Size and pitch of the battens
By the method of the device distinguish:
- Solid crate. For this, you should mount the beams at a distance of 10 mm from each other. Plywood, OSB, OSB can be used as a basis.
- Standard of the uneven bars with a pitch of 20-40 cm.
- Sparse with an increased interval between the boards to 75 cm.
Calculation of the step of the crate produces differently for each type of sheet and structure.
- Roofing with a minimum slope requires a continuous flooring or the step between the beams should not exceed 400 mm.
- For a roof with a slope of up to 30 degrees, the distance between the rails may be 300-650 mm.
- A large angle of inclination can be equipped with a crate step up to 1000 mm.
- With a small slope of up to 8-10 0, sheets with increased stiffness and weight can be mounted on the base with a distance between rails above 1000 mm.
Dependence of the type of corrugated board, roof slope and the step of the crate can be conventionally seen in the table:
The step of the profiled sheeting can be specified in the accompanying sheet documentation provided by the manufacturer / vendor. This value corresponds to the requirements of SNiP.
Quantity of material and cost
After you have determined the step of the flooring for profiled sheeting, you should choose the size of the bars or boards for the base, if it is planned to be wooden.
Requirements for raw materials:
- Wooden elements must be strong, without damage.
- The bar should be dry, treated with antiseptics and other substances that increase the service life of the support and prevent decay, the development of microorganisms.
- The minimum allowable cross-section of the bar is 50x50 mm, for the board the height is from 20 mm. The choice of the basis will determine the profiled sheeting: the size of the sheet, its design and mass. Accordingly, the more powerful the web, the greater the cross-section of the supports.
For metal curtains, special profiles are used.
To determine the required amount of material for the backbone, count the number of bars according to the selected step for the specified type of profiled sheet.
The cost of a cubic meter of wood depends on the degree of its processing and the parameters of the section. You can use both edged and unedged. The price for 1m 3 starts from 3500 rub.
If the lathing of the roof under the corrugated board is made of bars, it will cost more: from 4800-5000 rub. for 1 m 3.
After all the calculations and the purchase of material, you can proceed directly to the assembly of the structure. It is worth noting that the work can be entrusted to both professionals and make it yourself.
Installation of the flooring for profiled sections for different parts of the building is done in a special way, because the structures perceive the incoming load in different ways. Accordingly, the size of the supporting elements, their attachment to the base, the further arrangement of the metal webs and the algorithm for assembling the coating depend on this.
How to make a lath under the profile for a pitched roof
First of all, preparatory work is carried out on the construction of the roofing system: a waterproof membrane or roofing material is laid over the rafters' feet and fixed with a control bar-brusks 50x50 cm. Next, the crate itself is mounted:
- Make a marking of future fastenings of a beam or board. For the continuous saw blade, consider gaps of seasonal deformation of at least 10 mm.
- Make notes on the boards, which form the eaves of the cornice according to the project.
- Laying the rails are made from the bottom up.
- Fastening of the elements of the crate to the control grid is carried out with the help of nails or staples.
- Extreme bars in the fixing points are fixed with 2 fasteners to increase the strength of the coating at high loads.
The lining is ready, it is possible to make installation of corrugated board.
Flat roof collection
Often, the roof of industrial buildings is covered with sheets of profiled sheeting of increased strength, which have considerable weight. For lathing, in such cases, profiled metal pipes are used.
- Laying of the guides is carried out strictly on a horizontal level on the supports.
- Elements are connected by arc welding.
- The joints should be treated with a special anti-corrosion enamel or primer to prevent oxidation of the metal in these areas.
- The step of the flooring under the corrugated board in this case should not exceed 1000 mm, since a reliable base is needed.
- Fastening of the cloth is done by means of screws.
Edging of walls for walls
For fixing profiled sheets to the horizontal plane, use metal profiles of the "Z" type. Their thickness is 0.5-0.6 mm for a standard wall cloth with a sheet thickness of 0.5 mm and a profile height of up to 20 mm. The width of the horizontal shelf of the guide profile depends on the lamination of the facade (the presence of a heater, air gaps).
It is recommended to fix the battens on self-made brackets assembled from profiled pipe and piece of reinforcement. Due to the length of the latter, you can adjust the overall horizontal plane of the wall, which, as a rule, has a large number of irregularities. The brackets are mounted in the wall with a perforator, level, hammer.
The installation of the curtain profiles is carried out to the brackets from above with self-tapping screws in the horizontal direction.
The distance of the battens under the corrugated board is 900-1000 mm between the rails. Above the window and door openings, the profile should be installed at the bottom edge for easy installation.
Lining can be made on a wooden crate, for this use a beam of increased cross-section, which can withstand the weight of the metal.