Disruption of the functioning of the heart and the occurrence of chest pain patients are attributed to heart disease. But often, the root of such complaints is based on the changes in the autonomic system. Of diseases related to its impaired functioning, often diagnosed cardio-vascular dystonia. This is a fairly common symptom, which modern medicine has got several names. Among them neurocirculatory, vegetative-vascular dystonia (VVD), cardiovascular syndrome. So, consider the characteristics of the disease. As a result, it occurs and how to fight it?
Description of pathology
Heart by most people perceived as an independent body, functioning autonomously. This is a misconception. The work of the heart, its valves and ventricles is completely subordinate to the autonomic nervous system. It controls the main "pump" through the nerve endings.
The functioning of the heart is controlled by two divisions: parasympathetic and sympathetic. In a healthy person they work together seamlessly. But if in the operation there is disharmony, then such divisions begin to "compete" in the control of the heart. As a result, people have cardio-vascular dystonia.
As a rule, the pathology starts with the disruption of the autonomic system exposed to stress.
Often the disease is detected in childhood. The parents, concerned about painful asthenic baby, and sometimes its slow development, making assumptions about the presence of serious heart disease and seek medical attention. In adolescence, the occurrence of pathology is exacerbated, since the changes in the body, triggered by hormonal "storm", is extremely damaging to the disease. At this age, the main symptoms can be added to hyperfunction of the endocrine system.
Dysfunction of the autonomic system is characterized by a lack of oxygen, impaired blood supply. Such phenomena lead to imbalance in the functioning of internal organs. The first to suffer the vessels and heart. Is the weakening of internal forces of the human body.
Cardiovascular dystonia is not life-threatening. But this pathology creates favorable conditions for the development of many diseases, including:
- gastritis, ulcer
- ischemia of the heart
- chronic hypertension
- heart failure
- bacterial endocarditis
- bronchial asthma.
In the area of risk are men at any age. However, the statistics show that the most vulnerable to pathology:
- women below the age of 50 years.
Kinds of VSD
Is the autonomic nervous system in the brain and spinal cord. This is an important part of the body, as it coordinates the functioning of all the organs, glands, blood vessels.
- body temperature
- the contraction of the heart
- the volume and composition of interstitial fluid
- metabolic processes
- the bloodstream
- a feeling of fullness, hunger, thirst
- the kidneys
- the activity of the sweat glands
- the tone of the muscles of the organs.
It is not surprising that any failure in such a system provides a wide variety of symptoms.
To date, no single classification of VSD. However, given the characteristics of the disease, doctors distinguish certain kinds of such diseases as vegetative-vascular dystonia.
Types of the disease, characterizing the flow VSD:
- A permanent form. The disease is not accompanied by rapid changes in the human condition.
- Paroxysmal (paroxysmal). A patient is having a crisis or panic attack. Between such bouts of the disease does not issue.
- Combined form. The patient has a combination of paroxysmal and permanent types.
- Latent (hidden). VSD for a long time may not manifest itself. But any precipitating factors (illness, fatigue, stress) leads to the appearance of symptoms of disease.
Common enough in the medicine classification for disorders of the cardiovascular system. According to her, there are the following types:
- Vascular dystonia of hypotonic type. Pathology is accompanied by very low blood pressure. Indicators can descend even to the level of 90/45 mm Hg. article patient presents with weakness, lethargy, fatigue. Such a person is faced with nausea, shortness of breath, excessive sweating. Often he has these fainting spells.
- Vascular dystonia on hypertonic type. In this case, the patient has high blood pressure, even reaching to levels 175/95 mm Hg. article patient's heart rate quickens, there is a fever, there is a feeling of sudden excitement. Often panic attacks. The pressure increases not only as a result of emotional stress. High rates can be observed even at rest.
- Vegetative-vascular dystonia of the cardiac type. This kind of pathology does not depend on pressure. It is determined by the disorders of the heartbeat. The patient can slow the rhythm or to increase. Characteristic symptoms for this type is a feeling of disruption in the functioning of the heart and its fading. Pathology is accompanied by pain discomfort in the sternum.
- Mixed type. In this case, the pathology combines several of the signs and symptoms that characterize the different types of the disease.
The causes of the disease
Why does cardiovascular dystonia occur? The causes of system disorder are numerous.
Doctors cite the following factors causing cardiac dystonia:
- The hereditary factor. This is the main reason leading to the development of pathology.
- Hormonal disturbances. In this case there is two-way communication. Hormonal failure can be a source of dystonia. But some patients have the reverse pattern. Functional disorders of the autonomic system, can lead to hormonal imbalance.
- Pathology of pregnancy. Various disorders such as birth trauma, fetal hypoxia may underlie the development of neurocirculatory dystonia in a child.
In addition to the above reasons, the following factors may trigger pathology:
- emotional state
- traumatic brain injuries, neuroinfections
- pathology of the endocrine system
- psychotraumatologie situation in the team, the family, at work
- climate change;
- the stress provoked by the change of environment
- mitochondrial pathology.
Signs of cardiovascular dystonia multifaceted. We are talking about a wide range of symptoms. Thus the patient is not always able to say exactly what was bothering him, although at the time of collecting history makes a lot of complaints. As a rule, concerned about human pain and quite a variety of unpleasant sensations.
Special attention should be paid to the following, if cardiovascular dystonia is suspected, symptoms:
- The pain in the heart. It may be stabbing, aching. Its duration is different. Some patients experience instant "piercing". Others noted monotonous discomfort that can last for hours, sometimes for days. There is an unpleasant symptom after fatigue, excitement, alcohol. Often the patient responds to changes in the weather. The pain is usually accompanied by palpitations, depressed mood, feeling of anxiety. Can increase the pressure. Intense paroxysmal pain accompanied by a feeling of fear. It often causes a feeling of lack of air, the inner trembling. The patient has excessive sweating. The drug is Nitroglycerin pain does not resolve.
- Surface shortness of breath. Some patients experience a feeling of incompleteness of breath. Sometimes people feel "lump" in the throat. Such people can't be in a stuffy room. They feel the need to open the window. This is a fairly typical signs, which may manifest cardio-vascular dystonia. Symptoms that accompany this condition: dizziness, anxiety, fear of choking. But sometimes these symptoms may indicate cardiac or respiratory failure.
- Heartbeat sensation. Some patients complain of increased functioning of the Central body, the“pump”. One feels the pulsation of the vessels of the head and neck. Such symptoms are typical for return periods of excitement or exertion. Sometimes the feeling of tachycardia occurs at night. This leads to the awakening of the patient. This condition can be triggered by alcohol, anxiety, physical activity.
- Asthenic syndrome. Patients complain of decreased performance, fatigue. Such people have a feeling of chronic weakness.
- Peripheral disorders. The headache torments. Often before the eyes flashed "flies". The patient complains of dizziness and coldness of the limbs.
- Pressure fluctuations. Can occur decrease, and increase. As a rule, high rates of short duration.
- Change in body temperature. Some patients may note a deviation from the norm. The body temperature rises up to 37,2-37,5 C. the temperature in the left and right armpits will be different. In addition, the extremities (hands, feet) are often cold.
- Autonomic crises. They appear with chills, shivering, sweating, uncontrollable fear, dizziness, feeling of lack of air. Such phenomena often occur at night. Their duration can range from 20 minutes to 3 hours. End, they often loose stools or profuse urination. Unpleasant condition resolves on its own or with the help of medications (beta-blockers, sedative drugs).
Pathology in adolescents
Unpleasant disease is often observed in children. The first symptoms are noticeable in early childhood. Guys with diagnosed cardio-vascular dystonia, often sick, Moody, conflict. They do not tolerate intellectual, physical, emotional stress. These children are sudden mood swings.
Cardiovascular dystonia in adolescents requires special attention and timely treatment. The symptoms of the pathology cannot be attributed to age. On their own they will not pass.
The following features require attention:
- child sweats profusely;
- the youth's emotional instability
- he easily blushes or pales
- the teenager often suffer hot flashes and observed pressure surges.
Such symptoms often characterizes disturbances in the autonomic system. To alleviate the condition of the teenager, it is urgent to take action.
Diagnosis of the disease
Originally carefully collected anamnesis. If the patient has characteristic signs are present, the doctor suspects the presence of cardiovascular dystonia. Usually take into account the following symptoms:
- Severe sweating. Thus the patient cold extremities.
- Palpitations as a result of overstimulation. There is weakness in the legs, shaky hands. Bad health triggers obsessive thoughts about death and heightened concern about health.
However, the diagnosis can be established only after the examination. Begin to study the body disturbing the patient's organs and systems.
For diagnostic use:
- urine tests, blood
- an echocardiogram
- Ultrasound of the kidneys and heart.
In addition, examine the digestive tract, respiratory system, thyroid gland, adrenal glands.
If a comprehensive diagnosis is not confirmed the presence of pathological changes in the functioning of the body, the disease is confirmed
Methods of dealing with pathology
How to treat cardio-vascular dystonia? The struggle with disease is complex. First the doctor will recommend lifestyle changes.
Simple rules can quickly improve the patient's condition, alleviate symptoms, increase vitality. With such diseases as cardio-vascular dystonia, the symptoms and treatment are closely interlinked. So the doctor will focus on those recommendations that will reduce the intensity of symptoms of the disease.
The doctor advised to follow the following rules:
- the adherence of the day
- daily strength training, appropriate cardio
- sleep at least 8 hours
- to give up alcohol, tobacco
- drinking regime – at least 2 liters of fluid per day
- to balance the power
- be sure to walk at least 30 minutes in the fresh air
- to avoid emotional stress
- salt restriction for hypertensive patients (6 g per day)
- if possible, reduce the consumption of coffee, strong tea
- hypotensive patients to limit intake of trace elements: sodium, potassium, iodine
- daily practice the hardening of the body: the pouring water douches
- drink herbal teas, teas with sedative effect.
In addition to the above recommendations, the doctor will prescribe special medications. He will explain to the patient how to cure cardio-vascular dystonia.
The patient often prescribed physiotherapy. The most popular the following methods:
- ozone therapy
- electrophoresis with sedatives
- circular shower.
Such courses are recommended to be held twice a year.
The designation of certain drugs would significantly alleviate the symptoms, which provokes cardio-vascular dystonia. Treatment should be prescribed only by a doctor and strictly monitored them.
In drug therapy include the following:
- Sedatives. Good effect have drug infusions. Patient recommended are Valerian, motherwort grass.
- The tranquilizers. These drugs eliminate the feeling of fear, anxiety, emotional tension. The most effective medicines are "Elenium", "Napton", "Sibazon" "Relanium", "Diazepam", "Chlordiazepoxide," "Seduksen", "Fenozepam", "Tazepam", "Nospam", "Oxazepam", "Grandaxinum". However, such tools should be used only on prescription and in the doses that are prescribed. It should be remembered that tranquilizers in large quantities would not benefit. Overdose of them is able to make a person passive, passive.
- Combined medications. The patient can be given medication "Bellypan", "Belloid". These medicines are a kind of "correctors". They can normalize the functioning of the autonomic system. However, these drugs are contraindicated in glaucoma, cerebral arteriosclerosis, pregnancy.
- Antidepressants. Required the medication and the dosage selected for each patient individually. The consequences of improper treatment can be quite distressing. The choice of drug depends on the course and type of depression. Allow to stop unpleasant condition the following medications: "Tryptizol", "Imipramine", "Terasen", "Azafen", "Imipramine", "Cipramil", "Prozac", "Pirazidol, Rexetin".
- Nootropics. These medications improve blood flow to the brain, activate the intellectual activity, reduced memory. Effective means are "Nootropil", "Piracetam", "Pantokaltsin", "Picamilon", "Phenotropil".
- Cerebrovasculature. These drugs normalize blood circulation. They are appointed with cervical osteochondrosis, dizziness, and headaches. Popular in the treatment of the following medications: "Cavinton", "Vinpocetine", "Cinnarizine", "Stugeron", "Instenon Forte."
- Beta-blockers. They can reduce the increased activity of the sympathoadrenal system. Most often used such drugs as "Inderal", "Obsidian", "Inderal".
However, it should be reiterated: how to treat cardio-vascular dystonia, tell the attending doctor. Should not be making attempts to combat the disease.
Need a comprehensive approach to combat such disorders, as vascular dystonia. Treatment of folk remedies can give excellent results. But be sure before you apply this therapy, check it with your doctor.
Patients recommended the following recipes:
- It is necessary to press the fresh juice of onion. It will need 1 Cup. It is necessary to add the same amount of honey. All thoroughly mixed. To these ingredients add the peel of 1 lemon, minced in a meat grinder. Cooked take three times a day 1 hour before eating. Dosage – 1 Dec. spoon. The composition necessarily stored unopened in the refrigerator. The course of treatment continues until, until the medicine is over.
- Should be crushed 5 cloves of garlic. To them add the juice of 5 lemons, and one Cup of honey. Let the mix steep for 7 days. This tool is used 1 teaspoon for 2 months on an empty stomach.
- You will need 200 grams of dried apricots, raisins (pitted), sun-dried figs. You also need to stock up on cores 25 walnuts. All components chop and mix. The resulting mixture is taken 1 tbsp. spoon times a day. The composition needs to drink a glass of yogurt. The treatment lasts 1 month. After a break of 1 week, the therapy can be repeated.
Now you know how people are treated for cardiovascular dystonia. But it is important that the doctor controls this therapy.
It is important to realize that only a comprehensive therapy will bring relief to patients with such diseases as heart-vascular dystonia. The treatment will be effective only if people get rid of bad habits and become a healthy way of life.