The color of coolness, freshness and sea breeze - all this can be said about the color of mint. This soft shade of green and turquoise in fashion is not the first season. Mint is found everywhere: in clothes and accessories, in cosmetics, manicure and even room design. It is combined with almost all skin tones, but if you make a wrong selection of colors, it can look catastrophic. Therefore, before you succumb to fashionable fever and buy a dress of mint color, read our tips on how to choose it and what to wear.
The best option for you
Choosing the right shade is the most important step in the selection of things and accessories. Pay attention to your skin tone, eye color and hair when you buy. For example, brunettes are lighter shades of mint, and blondes, on the contrary, are darker and more saturated. Light-skinned girls are easier - they go almost all versions of this color. Therefore, try to choose the mint dress live, not via the Internet, in order to objectively evaluate whether it suits you or not.
After you have decided on a shade, an equally important stage begins. What to combine dress mint color?
- This interesting shade gives softness to cotton fabrics, freshness to cashmere and is perfectly combined with light chiffon, lace and silk. Mint dress will look good with things and accessories in pastel colors: pale pink, powdery, beige, lilac. With them, the image is a gentle and a bit "candy."
- But a brighter pink looks good with this color. If you combine so different things you are uncomfortable, then put on a mint dress with shoes of a “fuchsia” shade.
- In the summer, small patches of yellow, orange, turquoise or green in the form of interesting decorations will be appropriate.
- Another win-win combination is mint and white. They always look fresh, neat and stylish.
- And with black color, mint looks strict and elegant. As with white, it is difficult to make a mistake in the selection of things.
- Want a more daring image? Combine the mint color with dark blue. He goes to almost everyone and probably already have in your wardrobe.
- An interesting solution is to combine several mint shades in one outfit or, conversely, to endure all things in one color.
A special case
Cocktail or evening mint dress can be an interesting alternative to the universal black color. It will show that you are up to date on fashion trends and will look fresh and unusual. For dates or for bridesmaids, mint-colored dresses are also perfect. Photos of charming witnesses will decorate the wedding album.
Such outfits will be especially appropriate if the event is designed in a romantic style.
Golden jewelry perfectly complement mint evening dress and make it warmer. While silvery will emphasize its freshness.
What can I wear with a mint dress for every day? Here are three options:
- A denim jacket and brown accessories will make a great company with a mint dress with an asymmetrical hem. This is a convenient and stylish kit for shopping or exploring the city.
- For a more elegant look, combine a romantic dress with perforations and accessories with lace elements. Straw bag and wedge sandals are comfortable and beautiful things. The fine work bracelet and delicate necklace with a swallow will successfully complement this feminine, but not overloaded with details image.
- A very short mint dress or tunic can be easily combined with shorts to match - you can show off your legs in all its glory, while adhering to the framework of decency. Ballet shoes or heeled sandals change the mood of this image - from a comfortable everyday to a more elegant one.
What to wear a mint dress to the floor?
Maxi-length is gaining popularity again. She always looks feminine and at the same time relevant in many situations. Let's look at 4 looks based on 1 dress:
- Wear gold-colored accessories with massive blue stones, a blue belt and take the sparkling clutch to the party. A comfortable sandals on a high wedge allow you to dance easily all night.
- For gatherings in a cafe, give preference to the original multi-colored accessories and a white cardigan.
- For shopping, combine a mint dress with small but interesting accessories and a comfortable spacious white bag.
- And to go to the beach, the image should be as comfortable and light as possible. Flip-flops, a wide-brimmed straw hat and a large rag bag - these accessories are not only beautiful, but also practical.
Let it not seem to you that a mint dress may be appropriate only for every day. Cleverly chosen style, fabric and accessories - and even at events with a dress code you can wear mint-colored dresses.
Beige shoes and clutch, earrings-roses are the case when you don’t need a lot of things to look amazing.
But two options with what to wear a graceful dress on the figure:
- with a white belt and bag, as well as mint-colored shoes and bijoux (this is a good option for a working day);
- with shoes and a beige clutch and large golden bracelets and earrings (this beautiful outfit for dinner at a restaurant or a summer wedding).
Proper combination of different things in style can give an amazing result. For example, if you take a mint dress of flowing chiffon with an interesting cut and a laconic white jacket, you will get a non-standard, but harmonious image. Different accessories can change his mood:
- until the festive with gold accessories and shoes in tone.
This is how versatile a mint dress can be.