Smooth-bore weapons 106-TOZ is a gun with a shortened barrel and a folding metal butt. Its main purpose is amateur hunting for birds and animals, as well as self-defense and protection of individual farming. Its aiming range without additional optics is about 50 meters. As a charge, 20-gauge cartridges with a 70-mm cartridge case and a canister are used.
The TOZ-106 rifle weighs two and a half kilograms, which, together with its compactness, makes it very convenient when moving in mountainous areas and forests. The weapon is unpretentious in maintenance and operation, the length in the folded state is 53 centimeters, and with the folding butt of the hinge type - 82 cm. The model is reloaded manually through a bolt lock with a hard lock. Shoot a gun can only be unfolded.
The considered modification is popular with hunters, the barrel can be quickly cleaned with a ramrod or rags. Transportation is carried out in a special case with a handle. It is possible to install an optical sight. This gun is great for novice shooters, is considered the shortest smooth-bore weapon, which is available to the population in the Russian Federation.
Modification TOZ-106: characteristics
Below are the main technical parameters of the gun under consideration:
- charge caliber (mm) - 20;
- barrel / chamber length (mm) - 260/70;
- the capacity of the store (pcs.) - 2/4;
- figure of accuracy in percent when the distance to the target is 25 meters - not less than 35;
- trigger force unregulated (H) - from 10 to 25;
- total length / width / height (mm) - 820/70/170;
- mass without charges (kg) - 2.5.
The delivery package includes a 106-TOZ multiply-charged smooth-bore gun, a box-case, an additional store MTs-2001 and an instruction manual with a passport. The bolt mechanism consists of a trigger, spring, lock, drummer and skeleton.
The barrel with the box are connected by means of a press-fit with further fixation with a pin. Its channel is made of chromed metal. As the sighting mechanism serves as a rear sight with a front sight. On the metal butt there is a rubberized butt plate with a bracket along the axis. The change of transport and combat mode is made by a latch, placed in the forend, and the axis in the wedge-shaped grooves of the bracket.
The TOZ-106 bed is made of wood, the impact unit is located in the gate, and the trigger system is in the case. The trigger can be cocked when the shutter is opened, this operation is controlled with the aid of a platoon pointer, which acts or sinks over the liner plane. The weapon is reloaded mechanically, by moving the bolt to extreme positions. In the chamber, the charge is fixed by the warheads of the cage and the provided supporting parts of the hull.
When translating the shutter into the rear mode, the spent sleeve is ejected with the help of a reflector, and a non-automatic fuse locks the trigger to prevent accidental firing. The box magazine is equipped with two latches on the sides, you can only shoot from a gun when assembled.
Timely preventive treatment will extend the life of the weapon. To do this, it is necessary to regularly lubricate the working parts with gun oil. Owners of 106-TOZ should adhere to a number of rules, namely:
- not to allow a sharp blow to the stem cut when changing the shutter mode;
- avoid triggers idling;
- when storing draw attention to the fact that the trigger has been pulled down, in order to avoid deformation of the spring
- ensure that no moisture, snow, earth gets into the trunk;
- do not use charges that are included in the tight chamber that requires greater effort for opening and locking weapons.
It is necessary to clean and lubricate the gun after each use, and during storage - at least once a quarter. The barrel and chamber are treated with a wire brush lubricated with special oil. After the element is cleaned, it is wiped dry and lubricated. Wooden parts are processed with a soft dry cloth.
Disassembly and assembly
The dismantling of the 106-TOZ weapon should begin, having first made sure that it is not charged. To do this, check the absence of charge in the chamber, remove the magazine, take the open shutter back and remove it from the box by pressing the trigger all the way. Full disassembly of the bolt is made in case of emergency.
The process consists of the following steps:
- the shutter is taken over the cylindrical part in the left hand so that the liner is on the right side;
- it rotates up to the moment of nomination along with the drummer and the trigger from the bolt body;
- liner with a trigger placed in the right hand, while the thumb rests on the rear portion of the trigger element, and the drummer goes to the left
- the second hand holds the base of the bolt, the working lugs should be pointing to the right;
- the drummer is placed in the channel of the frame until it stops, ledges main springs are parallel to the same detail shutter
- after compressing the mainspring insert trigger is rotated at a right angle to the body, with the drummer removed the lock, and extra spring
- the last step is to twist out of the trigger, the hammer, separate it with the stuffing from the sack.
Going gun in reverse order.
Preparation for work
Before operation, the TOZ-106 weapon must be cleaned from the outside of grease residues and brought to its working position by means of a butt appliance. Then you should press the magazine latches and remove it from the gun. The further procedure consists of several manipulations:
- Two cartridges are inserted into the holder, which are displaced to the rear wall of the magazine.
- The base handle of the bolt rotates counterclockwise until it stops.
- The weapon is fused.
- The shutter is retracted, after which the charge is sent to the chamber.
- The shutter handle rotates clockwise to failure.
- Curb clip is placed in the existing connector until it clicks.
Before shooting, the fuse lock must be brought to its extreme frontal position.
To execute a shot from a TOZ-106 rifle, whose caliber is 20 mm, it is required to open the bolt, by moving the handle to the rear position to get rid of the cartridge case, to send the next cartridge with the reverse movement of the bolt. After that, the weapon is considered ready for shooting.
At the end of the shooting, you need to cock the trigger, turn the bolt handle counterclockwise until it stops, activate the fuse. The magazine should be separated, the spent sleeve should be removed with the help of a bolt, put the safety lock in the front position. Then pull the hook with the shutter open, after which the last element closes while the trigger is held, the magazine is discharged and mounted back onto the gun. At the final stage, the butt is retracted until the axis is released, rotated and locked with a latch. The weapon is placed in the case.
In any case, the owner must assume that the gun is charged and dangerous to others. In no case should you direct it to other people or livestock. If a misfire occurs, do not open the shutter for 180 seconds, as there is a possibility of a late salvo.
TOZ-106 cartridges must comply with the specifications specified by the manufacturer. Keep the gun must be in an unloaded condition with a flattened trigger, separate from ammunition. Strictly prohibited:
- disassemble a loaded weapon;
- use charges that have an indicator of the pressure of the powder gases above 72 megapascals;
- alter the gun with a fundamental change in the firing mechanism and body;
- apply expired or unsuitable as gunpowder.
In the event of a misfire, it is necessary to remove the cartridge after three minutes and find out the cause of the failed shot.
TOZ-106: owner reviews
Owners of this modification note that the accuracy of a shot shot remains high and stable over time. In addition, high accuracy is observed over short distances. The rifle charges must be chosen correctly, because smaller bullets will scratch the chrome coating, lead to deformation of the inside of the barrel, and those that are tight into it threaten to jam and prematurely rupture.
The design of the model makes it possible to set the shop on four cartridges. The main thing that it was factory production. On the downside, the gun is the stiffness of the shutter release, not too comfortable girth and delay when fired due to the poor compatibility of barrel length and caliber of the bullet. Another problem is spring with the AKM, which pretty quickly breaks down. Nevertheless, the compactness, light weight, wide range of applications – factors influencing the positive reputation of this weapon.
A complete disassembly of the TOZ-106 should be carried out only with special need and under appropriate conditions (special weapons workshop, workshop). When locking the spring-loaded lock, care must be taken, because at the assembly stage, the lock may fall off the percussion mechanism and injure the owner or employee performing the operation.
The larva needs to be inserted with the ejector and liner, with the bolt and trigger must be placed in the frame. In order to avoid failure of the direction of the liner during assembly, it should be rest against a solid static support or surface. After the end of manipulation, it is important to ensure that the outer grooves of the reflector coincide with similar elements on the inner and outer parts of the body of the shutter. The correct interaction of the mechanisms of the gun is checked by bringing it into a combat position without charges. When done properly, a distinctive click should sound.