Repellent is something what heard everything. However, not everyone knows the exact definition. The repellent is a chemical that helps protect human skin from the effects of biting insects. Many people without such means does not represent your camping or cottage.
Blood-sucking insects – not very good company for the summer season, if you remember that a bite can catch a deadly disease, such as encephalitis. And what to say about the annoying hum, which deprives us of sleep and rest!
Since ancient times people have tried to rid yourself of pesky, bringing only harm insects with sharp-smelling fragrances. In our time, developed so many kinds of synthetic repellents that protect the skin significantly more effective than the foul-smelling herbal remedy that was used once. However, excessive improper use may cause allergic reactions.
Repellents are ... Categories of repellents
Like every single product, it also has its pros and cons. Therefore, before buying it is necessary to carefully study the features of the use of some of its groups.
The first group includes the so-called repellent agents. For them the characteristic pungent smell of insect repellent and depriving them of their smell. In the repellent composition of this group often includes substances deterring insects at a distance. But there are those that act upon contact with skin. That is, the mosquito lands on the skin, but the bite does not occur, the insect immediately flies away. By the way, natural repeller is the smoke from burning juniper wood.
The second group is masking tools. They are similar to the previous one. The essence of this group is to mask the human smell, to make it unattractive to the bloodsuckers. These properties have many essential oils, such as eucalyptus, cloves, Basil, rosemary, elderberry. Of course, these drugs are not highly effective, but relatively safe.
The third group, the most effective is the fumigants. The composition includes a fumigant insecticides – substances that affect the Central nervous system of insects. The greatest distribution has received so-called pyrotechnics: spiral, candle, sticks. So the poison started to take effect, they must be on fire. Indoors using electric fumigants, exuding toxins when heated from the mains plates or liquid insecticide.
We found out that repellents are chemicals that enable a comfortable stay at home and in nature during the summer season. Now it's time to talk about what forms and types of repellents exist:
1. Creams and ointments. They are applied directly to the skin. This is very convenient: tube tool fits even in a small purse. However, creams in hot weather cause discomfort after application, leave greasy stains on clothing. And then, some insects bite even through clothing.
2. Lotion. It is absorbed much faster than the previous form, but its action also passes quickly.
3. Spray and aerosol. Comfortable and practical, few leave a greasy mark, and applied to clothing.
4. Spirals and candles. This option is convenient for picnics and gatherings in nature. Before use, you will need to set on fire. There is a drawback: the smoke smells unpleasant.
5. The fumigators. This is a special heater inserted in it by the plate or fluid. When heated from the fumigator evaporate toxic to insects of the substance. Only effective indoors, outside is not used.
6. Ultrasonic repeller. This tool is safe even for children. It is a small device that produces a squeaking sound, similar to the squeak of a male or female, which warns of danger.
Repellent Use Rules
Here we answered the question about what is repellent. It is your protection against biting insects. But how to use these substances? The basic rule of the use of any repellent is not to be taken lightly. This is especially true for children, because the gentle leather baby skips a larger number of toxic substances than adult skin. For children, depending on age, produce less concentrated funds. It is important to choose a tool in accordance with the required age category.
There are repellents only to clothing, the skin they are very toxic. Such in any case should not fall on skin or respiratory tract. A consequence of their incorrect use can be allergic reactions, poisoning and even burn. So before first use carefully read the repellent statement and test it on a small area of skin.
Repellent is, of course, wonderful protection from mosquitoes, but not everyone can use it. In the final part of the article we will talk about contraindications. Repellents are not recommended for people with overly sensitive skin, pregnant women and nursing mothers, newborns. Do not spray the active ingredient to affected areas of the body. It is not necessary to purchase in the market or in the store of dubious reputation without appropriate certification repellent. This can cause your health irreparable harm.