Business, as everyone understands, lining up on compromises. Any situation in which the interests of several parties are affected requires not only attention, but also the willingness to adapt the proposal, guided by the needs of other participants. Only then can you succeed. But even an experienced master of work with objections cannot completely avoid client resistance. It does not matter whether it is necessary to convince the consumer to support the offer or agree to the proposed conditions, or simply to make a purchase. Anyway, the likelihood of a collision with objections. There are some principles of working with objections. About them worth talking in more detail.
Principles of work under consideration
1. Nothing personal. A company representative should set himself up so as not to feel psychological discomfort in the process of answering voiced objections. An important point is the distinction between the client’s objection and his personal relationship with the company representative. The employee should always remember that client statements (even very harsh) in most cases are not focused on him personally, but are addressed to the person whose role he plays at the moment - the seller of the goods.
Thus, the main principle on which work with objections is carried out is “nothing personal”.
2. Score objections. It can be both as a manifestation of real concern with the details of the proposal (deadline, price, terms of implementation), and as cavils that mask the lack of a clear need.
The real objections are important reasons that encourage the client to refuse to cooperate. They are useful in that they signal the presence of anxiety at the interlocutor, give the opportunity to better manage the course of negotiations. Such objections are a result of misunderstanding or a signal regarding the discrepancy between the company's ideas and customer expectations. In any case, to overcome them is quite simple.
3. Criterias of choice. In order to successfully promote a corporate idea, operational clarification of the interlocutor’s leadership criteria is necessary (which is most important for him and what he can sacrifice). This is best done in the form of welcome measures to minimize the number of objections.
4. Achieving openness. Here it is important to ensure that the client openly expressed his doubts. Some of them may be quite far-fetched. In this case, the best way to negotiate is to move from the discussion of the difficulties mentioned by the interlocutor to another topic. For example, you can ask a clarifying or abstract question: “Except for the responsible person and the implementation process, do you still have doubts?” In this way it is possible to examine all the doubts of the client, and then choose the key one with whom you will work. The easiest way to accomplish this is through prioritization: “Which of the voiced doubts is the most significant for you?”
5. Appeal objections in question. It is necessary to remember that behind any objection lies the undetected need of the interlocutor for the idea presented by the company representative. During the objection, the client usually requests additional information. The phrase "I do not like the delivery time" may well mean: "Is it possible to crank it faster?"
The task of the representative is to competently respond to the voiced doubts of the client, that is, to determine the real reasons for such objections, and then work directly with them.
Causes of objection
- Wrong material feeding technique. In the presentation of a large number of controversial points. Incorrect determination of priorities and desires of the audience. For example, we are talking about business opportunities in front of a potential market segment, and not business partners.
- Having your own doubts. The manifestation of uncertainty in the speaker about the quality of the company, its products. In this regard, it is always recommended to personally use the advertised products. In this case, the speaker will know the features, consumer qualities of the product.
- The presence of uncertainty in their capabilities with the clients themselves. It is recommended to remind about the diversified product, that is, it will suit everyone. It will not be superfluous to tell the success stories of several people, so to speak, from the people.
- Unreasonable fears, stereotypes. It should be told in paints the positive characteristics of network marketing.
- Dthis product is not really suitable for the customer. Not every person can achieve significant results in the network business. The same is true of ordinary goods and services.
- The desire to discuss in more detail all the details. Many people suffer from a widespread lack of communication in our time, which is why they are constantly striving to argue. This can also be attributed, and the reason for turning on the attention of others to enhance a sense of self-importance.
- Intrigues from competitors. The activities of professional agents, black PR. In this case, it is possible to win only due to the high quality of the products and the correct information policy.
Objections can be covered various motives. It must be remembered that it does not always speak of a final failure. If the client argues, it means that he is interested in the offer, however, it is only necessary to get rid of his doubts, or, conversely, you can give additional confidence. That is why competent work with objections is very important. This skill can help attract new business partners, make additional sales in seemingly hopeless cases.
The sequence in this work
There are the following stages of working with objections:
1. Applying the technique of an active listener, carefullylisten to the client. Here erroneous actions will be:
- interrupting the interlocutor;
- the continuation of the phrases after him;
2. Adoption. It is necessary to show respect for the position of the client, but still not agree with her. It is required to say: “unconditionally, the issue of price is important”, “this is a really important issue”. Wrong agreement is: "Yes, it is very expensive."
3. Clarifying needs the interlocutor or his objections to increase the validity of the arguments of the representative of the company. You can not begin to argue in a situation where the essence of the objection is incomprehensible.
4. Reasoning. Bringing understandable arguments indicating a high level of product quality, the benefits of its acquisition. Not allowed:
- holding a presentation without relying on client needs;
- lack of emphasis on substantial benefits from the purchase;
- use of standard arguments for each client;
- use of incomprehensible technology.
5. Monitoring withdrawal of objections. Completion of the argument with a question in order to convince the client of the correct understanding of the information provided. It is required to help the interlocutor to make the right choice (in favor of the company). It is impossible after the articulation of arguments to immediately shut up in anticipation of independent decision-making by the client.
These are the main stages that make up work with objections. Now it is worth paying attention to how to behave with the client in conversation by phone.
Work with objections by phone
During the presentation of a product, company, etc., guests usually have questions, objections. It is with them worth learning how to work competently. Let's start with where these objections come from, what they mean.
There is a special objection technique on the phone. This is the TTB (telephone battle technique). It has such a technique as "that is why." A company representative calls a customer, hello, it seems. Then briefly describes the topic of conversation and subsequently invites the interviewee to a presentation or a personal meeting. As a rule, potential customers are trying to find out details at once, since by their nature all people are lazy, do not want to take active steps, which is why they want to learn a summary by phone to refuse right away.
Consider the approximate situation of a telephone conversation in which the TTB is used:
- The company for the sale of advanced technology.
In this case, there are two options for the development of the situation. Answer to the beginner:
- Nikolay, you are a competent person! About this, as you understand, business people do not speak on the phone! That's exactly why I want to meet you at the cafe. So, when will it be more convenient for you tomorrow to meet at five or seven in the evening?
The second option is the answer to an already experienced interlocutor:
- Nikolay, you are a business man, you know very well that in our company it is not customary to discuss important issues by telephone. That is why I propose to meet in the evening in a cafe. When will it be more convenient - at six or eight?
This is how the telephone works with objections (examples are conditional). Within the framework of this topic, there is also its own methodology, which we will discuss later.
Methods of dealing with objections
There are only ten of them:
1. List of clarifying questions. It is necessary to force the opponent to reason, to respond to any comments, statements. This is effective with respect to standard clauses:
- Reluctance. Are you sure that you do not want to change your life for the better, to open new perspectives for growth?
- I have no money for it. What exactly do you have no money? That is, you feel sorry for worthless pieces of paper to strengthen your health, financial well-being? How much do you think such high-quality goods should cost? Expensive, but people still vote for their wallet for high quality.
- I need to think about it. What do you need to think about? How long will it take you to do this? Let's figure it out together!
- I don't have time for this. You have no time for what? On yourself, on your loved ones? (It is necessary to demonstrate the value of time, the benefits of the program being presented, the product) For example, a washing machine frees up a lot of time.
- Do not borrow money to start? I would certainly like to start a business with you as a partner. But I do not want to put you in a dependent position.
2. Translation into a humorous form. You should try to get away from the answer by joking. You can also try to condemn the interlocutor for stupidity, gullibility. Well, who in our time does this? Who trusts these charlatans?
3. Keeping pause. During this time, the interlocutor independently begins to look for a suitable answer to his own question. Perhaps he himself later realizes his senselessness.
4. Repetition of objections. Only the objection itself should be repeated. This technique is based on the peculiarities of human psychology, when a person perceives his own words differently, if they are pronounced by another. The first can independently realize the insignificance of objections, doubts, questions.
5. The presence of a personal opinion. In the case when the objection is based only on outside experience, one should take an interest in having one's own opinion regarding the issue under consideration. What do you think about this? What are your own thoughts on this?
6. The praise of the interlocutor. What a worthy question! Exactly such people are looking for our company, this program is designed specifically for you. This is a professional question! I assure you that in our company you will find partners worthy of your level.
7. List of alternative questions. It is necessary to formulate a sentence with an imaginary choice. For example: do you need coffee or tea? Are we meeting today at five or six in the evening?
8. Imaginary failure (highchair effect). Why do you need this? Some kind of financial independence, own house, money, car. Here they do not play toys, not interesting - it means not interesting.
9. Deferred reply. I cannot answer now, but later I will find out from the management, then I will certainly inform you about it. I suggest to exchange contacts. And better come directly to the presentation, there will be one person, more competent in this matter than me.
10. Lead time. The presentation already provides for standard objections, questions. It is only necessary to provide ready-made, favorable answers to you, not to wait for the moment when these questions are asked.
Using the above methods work with objections (examples are the most common).
There are only five of them:
- Establishing a contact with the client.
- Identify the needs of the interlocutor.
- Presentation of the goods.
- Work with objections in sales.
- Completion of the transaction.
This article discusses the fourth stage, namely - work with objections in sales. This is all that was mentioned earlier. First, it is necessary to determine the type of objections (real and false). On the basis of this, the appropriate technique of negotiation is applied.
Real objections - buyer's refusal based on true, in his opinion, facts.False - lack of desire to purchase goods without a clear justification.
If in the first case, the purchaser, having received additional facts, begins to discuss them, in the second case, they are not interested in the buyer, he makes a different objection, and so on every time. It can be said, emotions will prevail over logic.
Work with the objections of the buyer, if they fall under the category of real, is as follows:
- Refinement heard. Need to get as much information as possible.
- Prioritization of objections.
- The transition to the "prelude".
- Logical answer
- Clarifying question.
Work with objections in this category consists of the following:
- Clarifying questions.
- Logical answer
Book Bukhtiyarova about work with objections
It is a practical reference for the work in question. The purpose of the book is to help people involved in MLM business to quickly climb the steps of the career ladder. It can help newcomers to start more productively, and managers - to facilitate the task of training their business partners. In addition, it frees the reader from any doubts that prevent him from becoming a successful and prosperous person.
Every person who is engaged in an MLM business has to deal with a number of objections (to both a novice and a professional).
In the book you can find answers to the following questions:
- How to create a "bulletproof vest" for yourself and your newcomers?
- How to make so that, while objecting, people still want to hear the answer, do not dismiss it?
A.V. Bukhtiyarov answers these and many other questions. “Working with Objections” is one of his most famous books.
This article reviewed the work with the objections of the client (by phone, during the presentation, personal meeting), described in detail about its principles and methods. We hope the information provided will be useful.