Business, as everyone understands, is built on compromises. Any situation involving the interests of several parties requires not only attention, but also a readiness to adapt the proposal, guided by the needs of the other participants. Only then can you succeed. However, even an experienced master of work with objections can not avoid the customer's resistance at all. It does not matter, it is a question of that it is necessary to convince the consumer to support the offer or to agree to the offered conditions, or simply to make a purchase. All the same, the probability of a collision with objections is great. There are some principles of dealing with objections. About them it is necessary to talk more in detail.
Principles of the work under consideration
1. Nothing personal. A representative of the company should set himself up so that he does not feel psychological discomfort in the process of answering the voiced objections. An important point is the delineation of the client's objection and his personal relationship to the representative of the company. The employee should always remember that client statements (even very sharp ones) in most cases are not personally targeted to him, but are addressed to the person whose role he is currently playing - to the seller of the goods.
Thus, the main principle on which work is carried out with objections is "nothing personal".
2. Evaluation of the objection. It can be and as a manifestation of real concern with the details of the proposal (term, price, conditions of implementation), and as nits, masking the lack of a clear need.
The real objections are the important reasons that prompt the client to refuse cooperation. They are useful in that they signal the presence of anxiety in the interlocutor, enable better control over the course of negotiations. Such objections are a consequence of misunderstanding or a signal about the discrepancy of the company's ideas with client expectations. In any case, it is quite easy to overcome them.
3. Criterias of choice. In order to successfully promote the corporate idea, it is necessary to promptly specify the criteria for the interlocutor's leadership (which is most important for him and what he can forgo). This is best done in the form of welcome measures to minimize the number of objections.
4. Achieving openness. It is important to ensure that the client openly voiced his doubts. Some of them may be quite far-fetched. In this case, the best way to negotiate is to move from discussing the difficulties mentioned by the other person to another topic. For example, you can ask a clarifying or abstract question: "In addition to the person in charge and the implementation process, do you still have doubts?" It is in this way that it is possible to study all the doubts of the client, and then choose the key one that will later work. The easiest way to do this is through prioritization: "Which of the doubts voiced is the most important for you?"
5. The appeal of an objection to a question. It is necessary to remember that for any objection lies the undiscovered need of the interlocutor in the idea submitted by the representative of the company. During the objection, the client, as a rule, requests additional information. The phrase "I'm not satisfied with the delivery time" may well mean: "Is it possible to crank it faster?"
The representative's task is to respond competently to the client's voiced doubts, that is, to determine the real reasons for such objections, and then to work directly with them.
Reasons for the appearance of objections
- Incorrect material feeding technique. In the presentation a large number of controversial points. Incorrect definition of priorities and desires of the audience. For example, we are talking about business opportunities in front of a potential market segment, rather than business partners.
- Having your own doubts. The manifestation of the uncertainty of the speaker about the quality of the company, its products. In this regard, it is always recommended to personally use the advertised products. In this case, the speaker will know the features, consumer qualities of the product.
- Presence of uncertainty in the possibilities at clients. It is recommended to remind about the diversification of the goods, that is, it will suit everyone. It will not be superfluous to tell the success stories of several people, so to speak, from the people.
- Unreasonable fears, stereotypes. It is necessary to tell in the colors the positive characteristics of network marketing.
- Dthis product does not really suit the customer. Not everyone can achieve significant results in the network business. The same is true for conventional goods and services.
- Desire to discuss in more detail all the details. Many people suffer from a widespread deficit of communication in our time, which is why they constantly try to argue. It is also possible to refer here and the reason for attracting the attention of others to enhance feelings of self-importance.
- Intrigue from competitors. Activities of professional agents, black PR people. To win in this case is possible only due to the high quality of products, the correct information policy.
Objections can be covered by various motives. It must be remembered that it is not always possible to talk about a final failure. If the client argues, it means that he is interested in the offer, but you just need to get rid of his doubts, or, conversely, you can give additional confidence. That's why competent work with objections is very important. This skill can help attract new business partners, carry out additional sales in, at first glance, hopeless cases.
Consistency in the work under consideration
There are the following stages of work with objections:
1. Applying the technique of an active listener, carefullylisten to the client. Here the erroneous actions will be:
- interruption of the interlocutor;
- continuation of phrases behind it;
2. Adoption. It is necessary to show respect for the client's position, but still disagree with it. It is required to say: "certainly, the issue of price is important," "this is really an important issue." The agreement is wrong: "Yes, it is very expensive."
3. Clarification of needs interlocutor or his objections to increase the validity of the arguments of the company representative. You can not begin to argue in a situation where the essence of the objection is unclear.
4. Argumentation. Bringing clear arguments that attest to the high level of the quality of the goods, the benefits of acquiring it. Not allowed:
- conducting a presentation without reliance on client needs;
- absence of emphasis on the substantial benefit from the purchase;
- use standard arguments for each client;
- application of incomprehensible technology.
5. Monitoring the withdrawal of objections. Completion of the argumentation with a question in order to convince the client of the correct understanding of the information provided. It is required to help the interlocutor make the right choice (in favor of the company). You can not immediately after the articulation of arguments silenced in anticipation of an independent decision by the client.
These are the main stages from which the work with objections develops. Now you should pay attention to how to behave with the client in a phone conversation.
Work with objections by phone
During the presentation of the product, the company, etc., the guests, as a rule, have questions, objections. It is with them to learn how to work wisely. Let's start with where these objections come from, what they mean.
There is a special technique to work with objections over the phone. This is a TTB (the technique of telephone battle). There is such a device in it as "that's why". A representative of the company calls the customer, greets, appears. Then briefly describes the topic of the conversation and subsequently invites the interlocutor to the presentation or a personal meeting. Typically, potential clients try to find out the details right away, because by their nature all people are lazy, do not want to take active steps, so they want to get a brief summary on the phone to immediately refuse.
Consider the approximate situation of a telephone conversation in which the TTB is used:
- Company for the sale of advanced technology.
In this case, there are two options for the development of the situation. Reply to the newcomer:
"Nicholas, you're a literate man!" About such, as you understand, business people do not speak on the phone! That's why I want to meet you at the cafe. So, when will it be more convenient for you to meet at five or seven in the evening?
The second option is the answer already to the experienced interlocutor:
"Nikolai, you are a business man, you know perfectly well that it is not customary in our company to discuss important issues over the phone." That's why I propose to meet in the evening in a cafe. When will it be more convenient - six or eight?
This is the way the phone works with objections (examples are conditional). Within the framework of the topic under consideration, there is also a methodology of which we will talk later.
Methods of dealing with objections
There are only ten of them:
1. List of clarifying questions. It is necessary to force the opponent to reason, to respond to the comments and statements that arise. This is effective with respect to standard reservations:
- Reluctance. Are you sure that you do not want to change your life for the better, open up new prospects for growth?
- I do not have money for that. What specifically do you have no money for? That is, you feel sorry for useless papers to strengthen your health, financial well-being? How much do you think such high-quality goods should cost? Expensive, but people still vote with their purse just for high quality.
- I need to think about this. What do you need to think about? How long will it take for you? Let's figure it out together!
- I do not have time for this. You do not have time for what? On yourself, on your loved ones? (It is necessary to demonstrate the value of time, the benefits of the program, the product) For example, a washing machine frees up a lot of time.
- Do not lend money to start? I certainly would like to start a business with you as a partner. But I do not want to put you in a dependent position.
2. Translation into a humorous form. Try to avoid the answer with a joke. You can also try to condemn the interlocutor for stupidity, gullibility. Well, who in our time does this? Who trusts these charlatans?
3. Holding the pause. During this time, the interlocutor starts to look for a suitable answer to his own question. Perhaps he later realizes his meaninglessness.
4. Repeating objection. It is necessary to repeat only the objection itself. This technique is based on the peculiarities of human psychology, when a person perceives his own words in a different way, if they are spoken by another. The former can independently realize the insignificance of the objections, doubts, questions raised.
5. The presence of personal opinion. In the case where the objection is based only on third-party experience, one should inquire about the existence of an opinion on the issue under consideration. And what do you think about this yourself? What are your own thoughts on this?
6. The praise of the interlocutor. What a worthy question! That's exactly such people are looking for our company, this program is designed specifically for you. This is a professional question! I assure you that in our company you will find partners worthy of your level.
7. List of alternative questions. It is necessary to formulate a sentence with an imaginary choice. For example: do you want to bring coffee or tea? Are we meeting today at five or six in the evening?
8. Imaginary rejection (the effect of the chair). Why do you need this? Some sort of financial independence, own house, money, car. Here in the toys do not play, not interesting - it means not interesting.
9. Postpone the response. I can not answer now, but later I find out from the leadership, then I will certainly inform you. I suggest exchanging contacts. And better come straight to the presentation, there will be one person more competent in this matter than I am.
10. Anticipating. The presentation already includes standard objections, questions. You just need to provide ready-made, profitable answers, do not wait for the moment when you ask these questions.
Using the above methods work with objections (examples are the most common).
Stages of sales
There are only five of them:
- Establishing a contact with the client.
- Determining the needs of the interlocutor.
- Presentation of the goods.
- Working with objections in sales.
- Completion of the transaction.
This article deals with the fourth stage, namely, work with objections in sales. This is all about what was said earlier. First, it is necessary to determine the type of objections (real and false). Proceeding from this, the appropriate negotiation technique is applied.
Real objections - Bayer's refusal on the basis of true facts, in his opinion.False - Lack of desire to purchase goods without a clear justification.
If in the first case the buyer acquires additional facts and starts discussing them, in the second case, they are not interested in the buyer, he makes a different objection, and so every time. You can say that emotions will prevail over logic.
Work with the buyer's objections, if they fall under the category of real, is as follows:
- Clarification of what was heard. It is necessary to get as much information as possible.
- Prioritization of objections.
- The transition to "prelude."
- Logical response.
- Clarifying question.
Work with objections of this category consists of the following:
- Clarifying questions.
- Logical response.
Book of Bukhtiyarov about work with objections
It is a practical reference for the work under consideration. The purpose of the book is to help people engaged in MLM-business to quickly climb the steps of the career ladder. For beginners, it can help to start more productively, and managers - to facilitate the task of training their business partners. In addition, it frees the reader from any doubt that prevents him from becoming a successful and prosperous person.
Everyone who is engaged in the MLM business has to face a number of objections (both novice and professional).
In the book you can find answers to the following questions:
- How to form a "bulletproof vest" for yourself and your newcomers?
- How to make it so that, objecting, people want to still hear the answer, do not brush it off?
These and many other questions are answered by A. V. Bukhtiyarov. "Working with objections" - one of the most famous of his books.
This article examined the work with objections of the client (by phone, during a presentation, a personal meeting), details about its principles and methods. We hope that the information provided will be useful.