The VVG power cable is the most demanded and inexpensive conductor of electric current, used practically for all electrical work.
The technical characteristics of the wire depend on its type, marking, the number of cores, sections and other parameters included in it.
The VVG wires are manufactured in accordance with GOST 16442-80
VVG wires are divided by the number of cores. Their 5 species - one - five-core.
1 and 2 category is used for laying a single-phase alternating current network. Wire single-strand is laid parallel in two rows, two-wire - in one row. If one core is connected to the phase, the other wire is connected to 0. In this case, the neutral wire is mostly blue or blue.
The third category - VVG 3 wire - is also a cable intended for AC networks, only with the difference that it also includes a grounding conductor having a yellow-green color.
Four- and five-core cables are installed in three-phase networks. In the first case, 3 cores are phases, and the fourth is zero. In the other, a ground conductor has been added.
The cross-section for all conductive veins varies between 1.5 and 50 mm2. If they are folded, the cross-section of the wire will be obtained.
- In a single-core VVG cable, the conductor cross-section varies from 1.5 to 240 mm2.
- In two-four-core wire the maximum size is 95 mm².
- In the five-core it reaches 50 mm2.
When the cross section of the main veins is increased, the cross-section of the cores of grounding and zero conductors decreases.
All these parameters are indicated in the label of the power wire. Let us give an example.
The VVG 4x cable has the following transcript: 4-wire four-wire. The figure "10" indicates the cross-section in mm².
The most common VVG models are those in which veins with different cross-sections, four- or five-core, are laid.
Modern VVG wires are of different size, type and material.
Conductors consist of 3 main components: conductors, insulation, protective shell. The composition of the individual wires depends on the intended use. As a rule, it is mostly the power aluminum wire VVG used. The design and material depend on 3 main factors:
- Working voltage (network load) and power, from which the thickness of insulation is determined.
- Maximum electrical current and resistivity, which determines the size of the conductor and the cross-section of the conductor.
- Environmental conditions (temperature, laying under the ground or on it, humidity, chemical composition of the environment or the amount of sunlight, etc.) that determine the composition and shape of the outer sheath of the wire.
In power VVG wires, stranded aluminum or copper conductors are used, but in small power wires, solid wires can be used.
If the VVG wire is viewed in a section, it can be seen that there are certain differences between the models withstanding the power of 6-10 kV and 0.66-1.0 kV. They are basically the same all the same: insulation of copper wires of different colors (white phase, yellow-green ground, zero blue).
Then comes the belt insulation, and then the differences begin. In low-power cables, after the belt insulation is located immediately shell gray or black. In the powerful versions, there are still insulation layers:
- Metallic and electrically conductive screen.
- The shell.
The outer diameter of the cable itself depends on the number of layers of insulation and the number of wires present.
Where is the VVG power cable used?
The power cable is used for stationary installation in power networks, where the voltage is up to 1000 W and the frequency is 50 Hz. The VVG conducts wiring along the route. If the installation is carried out outdoors, additional protection from direct sunlight (cable tray, HDPE pipe, etc.) will be required, because the ultraviolet life of the VVG cable significantly reduces. When laying in the ground, additional measures of protection against mechanical damage to the shell are necessary. It should be remembered that in buildings and structures in accordance with the requirements of fire safety VVG paving is prohibited.
Where is the VVGG power wire used?
Non-combustible copper cable ВВГнг is used for stationary laying in electric networks, voltage of which is up to 1000 W and frequency of 50 Hz.
The cable VVGng can be installed in buildings and structures and outdoors. Wiring should be protected from direct sun rays, because ultraviolet can shorten the life. When laying in the ground, it is necessary to use additional means to prevent various mechanical damages.
Where is the VVGG-LS power cable used?
VVG ng-LS cable is used for stationary laying in a network with AC voltage up to 1000 W and frequency of 50 Hz. It is installed in the power supply network in different buildings and structures, it is used for group laying in cable structures, boxes and trays. According to new fire safety requirements, the VVGng-LS wire should not be used in socially significant objects (kindergartens, schools, etc.).
Manufacturers specify certain conditions under which VVG wires can be laid and operated.
- Installation can be performed at an air temperature of at least -15 ° C.
- Operate in the limit -50 C +50 C.
- In non-standard cases, the temperature regime can rise up to +70 С. In case of emergencies (short-term), even up to +80 С.
- The permissible humidity is not more than 98%.
- Warranty operating period - up to 30 years. As practice has shown, with proper operation this term can be twice as high.
- Installation can be carried out by air. If the stacking height exceeds 4300 m above sea level, special trestles will have to be used for laying.
- In production, where there is increased corrosive activity, installation must be carried out in special boxes.
The choice of an VVG wire, the characteristics of which are described above, should depend on the power consumption and the current passing through it. So, for lighting can be used VVG cable 2 × 1.5, for the outlet VVG 3X2.5 (with grounding). To connect household appliances, it is recommended to have a separate line. For example, for an air-conditioning unit VVG 4X2.5 or 3 × 2.5.
To the house is best to bring a five-core cable 5 × 10 or 5 × 6.
VVG wire: price
You can buy VVG wire in almost any electrical shop. Its cost in most cases is quite low. The average price is 8 rubles per square meter.
The sale can be carried out wholesale and retail. Manufacturers individually offer discounts and ways of delivery. Before buying, be sure to check the certificate of compliance and passport. Remember that the choice of quality material directly depends on the availability of such documents.