Structurally, vocational guidance at school is divided into three main elements: professional information, professional consultation and professional selection.
The structural elements of the career guidance
Properformance and consulting students can be conducted in secondary schools and special secondary educational institutions. Professional selection is the responsibility of production and research institutions and can be organized in enterprises and in households as well as in special preconsultation points or laboratories.
School is the center of all career guidance, as the school guarantees a high level of education of the younger generation, both General and Polytechnic. Career guidance at the school educates young people have a moral commitment to work. It also forms the skills and the Foundation for conscious choice of profession.
That includes career counseling at school?
- Acquaintance of schoolchildren with the most diverse branches of the national economy and production, both in the lessons of labor education and outside the school.
- Formation in schoolchildren of various skills and abilities that are necessary to perform various types of work in an industrial environment.
- To familiarize students with the most common and popular professions.
- Disclosure and study of aptitudes, interests, desires, abilities, as well as physical and mental capabilities of adolescents.
- Familiarize students with the requirements, which put certain professions to the format of the technical, special and General education knowledge, skills, abilities and content of future professionals.
- Providing students support in professional self-determination through educational counseling about careers, their requirements on institutions where it is possible to master the relevant occupations, on working conditions and the like.
- Subsequent analysis and review of the effectiveness of the previously applied means of pedagogical educational impact.
The effectiveness of career guidance at school
In order to provide vocational guidance in school effectively, it is important to observe the following basic requirements:
- Vocational guidance should be based on careful consideration of current and highly promising needs of production personnel working in the field, based on the analysis of professional structure production and management. Vocational guidance is impossible without a thorough study of abilities, aptitudes, interests and state of health of schoolchildren.
- Vocational guidance at school should be organically connected to all of the educational process, based on General education and labor training of pupils. This provides you with a wide Polytechnic horizons and facilitates conscious choice of profession.
Career guidance activities at school
In the implementation of career guidance activities in the school, close ties should be established between the school and production, with public and state organizations.
Professional orientation in secondary school should be considered as a basic component of the whole system of educational work, and not as the sum of individual actions, moreover, related only to the issue of students. She has a close relationship to the process of formation of integral human development, preparing students for life, work and embodied in the reality systematically through academic and extracurricular activities at school. Wrong is the position of those who combine career guidance with only extracurricular work. The basic premise of career guidance – the education of students love labor, active wants and needs to participate in socially useful and particularly in productive work. Such work should be carried out with children already in primary school, laying solid Foundation for the subsequent professional orientation of students.
Vocational guidance work at school
In 1st to 4th grades pupils learn to love and respect the work, get acquainted with the most common professions of his district, the occupations of the parents. Children have formed certain labor skills. In the 5th to 8th grades are introduced in a more systematic familiarization of students with the professions, their content, studied and directed their interests, talents and abilities, organized the corresponding work. In the 9th grade summarizes the results of vocational guidance work of the past years, specified professional intentions and a plan for career guidance in school. Determined the future form of teaching, systematic teaching of different professions.