Recently, around the world began a craze for sports and exercise for weight loss. Fitness centers are opening everywhere, a lot of blogs with a similar theme appear on the Internet, and videos with exercises are uploaded on YouTube. And this is not surprising, because sport is a guarantee of health and beauty. But, despite the fact that there are a great many types of sports training, the most popular among them are Plié squats, which allow in the shortest time to achieve stunning results.
The origin of the plié exercise and its purpose
Initially, such squats were considered solely a ballet term. Ballerinas around the world spent hours doing this exercise in order to conquer the audience with slender legs, from which it was impossible to look away, and perfect dance skills. Now this exercise is performed not only by ballet dancers, but also by any other women and men who want to have beautiful legs and elastic hips.
Do you want to know why ply-squats are so important for gaining perfect legs, which muscles work when doing this workout and, finally, what do you get with regular repetitions of this exercise? We answer in order.
- The importance of these squats is that thanks to them you can quickly lose weight and find beautiful forms.
- During the exercise, deep abdominal muscles, ankle joint and soleus muscle are used, as well as quadriceps are pumped and the inner thigh is tightened.
- With regular plye squats, we get excellent posture, slender legs, a strong press, as well as elastic hips and buttocks.
Distinctive features of the exercise
After we have figured out where the Plie squats came from, what muscles are involved in it and why it is needed at all, we can proceed to the description of their distinctive features and the principle of implementation. First of all, this exercise is noteworthy in that it will be relevant, both for full amateurs in sports, who only went to physical education in childhood, and for aksakals in training sessions that have been involved in them for several years. It can also be performed in special halls, as well as right at home, both with and without additional shells.
The plye squats themselves are performed in a very simple way. We spread our legs wider than our shoulders, we spread our feet 120 degrees and we begin to squat. We pay special attention to the back, which should be perfectly straight, the hips, which, when squatting, should be parallel to the floor, and the legs, which at this moment should be completely perpendicular. In this case, the hands must be either crossed on the chest, or there must be a projectile in them that is held in front of itself or lowered down. You will need to perform 4 sets of 10-12 times.
The main thing, by performing the above Plye squats, to strictly follow certain rules, without following which you can not only not achieve the desired result, but you can also cause serious harm to your back and knees. So, doing the exercise is very important:
- Before performing do articular warm-up and warm up well.
- In no case you can not stoop or round your back while squatting.
- Rising from the squat, you can not overwhelm your knees inside.
- Under no circumstances should heels be pulled off the floor.
- Knees in a squat should never go beyond the toes.
- Inhale should be done when lowering the squat, and exhale - when lifting.
Differences exercise plié from sumo squats
Since there are so many different types of squats, a newcomer to the sport can become entangled in this diversity. Especially often amateurs confuse exercises of plie and sumo, which are done almost equally. So, unlike sumo, squats should be done with a perfectly straight back, while doing sumo, the back should be tilted forward and the pelvis back, as if there is a chair behind which to sit. Thus, while performing pliés, we will be loading the inner surface of the thigh more, and when sumo squats, the emphasis is on the buttocks, which after multiple workouts become more elastic and pumped up.
Plye exercise difficulty levels
As it was said at the very beginning, plie squats can be performed by both new sportsmen and aksakals. But any amateur after constant workouts sooner or later cease to be so. That is why there are different types of Plié exercises, which make it difficult to train your workouts, thereby not allowing your muscles to relax, but to lose your shape.
- Performing plies without any weight.
- Performing exercises with dumbbells.
- Performing squatting with a barbell.
The main thing is not to force events and not to try to take up the bar after a couple of months, because in this case we will only get crippled joints and lower back, but if we increase the load gradually, then the result will be as it should.
Exercise plié with dumbbells
Now we come to the second level of difficulty of the squat-squat, the technique of which is generally very similar to the classical training, but it has some differences. And the main difference of this exercise is that the hands are no longer crossed on the chest, but hold dumbbells with any weight (for a start, 1 kg in each will suffice).
- We take dumbbells in hands and hold them at chest level so that they are parallel to the floor.
- We set the legs shoulder-width apart, turning the socks as much as possible to the sides.
- We make the traditional squat up to its maximum and at the same time lower the dumbbells down so that during the squat the arms are stretched and the shell almost touches the floor.
- We get out of the squat and return hands to the starting position.
- We repeat the exercise 10-12 times in 4 sets.
Perform plye squatting with a barbell
Performing an exercise with a barbell also has some of its features. And the main one is that the complexity of this exercise can be increased almost infinitely, constantly increasing weight. The only remark is that it is not necessary to immediately take multi-kilogram pancakes for the rod, the weight gain should be gradual, otherwise injuries cannot be avoided.
- Starting position - legs apart slightly wider than shoulders, arms bent at the elbows, the bar is at the level of the shoulder blades from the back.
- A classic, maximally deep squat is done, and the arms do not move.
- We get up from the squat, again in no case moving hands. The bar should always be in one place.
- Repeat the exercise 5-8 times for 3 sets.
When we perform plye squats, working muscles are very tense, so that in the morning not to experience terrible pain, after the end of the workout, you must perform a small stretch.
- We sit on the floor, straighten your back and begin to reach for your socks. Reaching them, turn them around and freeze for 30 seconds.
- We become even and try, in no case without bending the knees, to reach the palms to the floor.
- We become even, squeeze hands in the lock, hold them above the head and begin to reach upwards, without taking the heels off the floor and looking straight ahead.
- We stand near the wall and hold it with one hand as a support, lift one leg, hold it with our free hand and stand for 15-20 seconds. Then we change the leg.
- We lie down on the floor, press our bent legs to the chest, clasp them with our hands and pull ourselves closer. We lie like this for 30 seconds.
Proper nutrition for excellent results
If, as a result of constant workouts, you want to see weight loss and beautiful forms, then one of the important aspects of achieving the desired is proper nutrition. No plye squats will help in finding a beautiful taut body, if the following rules are not followed along with regular exercises:
- In no case can not starve, because of this you will have a lack of strength and you can not train hard. And after losing weight, the skin will hang like a rag.
- Before training you need to have a good meal 2-3 hours before it starts. The diet should consist of cereals, meat, pasta, durum, cottage cheese, eggs or seafood.
- If there is not enough time for food, then you can have a bite for half an hour before training with fruits, dried fruits and dairy products.
- An hour after the workout, you need to eat well, preferring protein and carbohydrate foods, which, with an excess of the energy received, will be used to build muscle.
- Dinner should consist, for the most part, exclusively of protein foods, then, while you sleep, the calories will be burned by themselves, which means you will lose weight in a dream.