Modern man lives in a crazy rhythm: constant stress, eating on the go and a sedentary lifestyle. Plus unfavorable environmental conditions and low food quality. All this leads to various disorders in the condition. The stomach is the first organ that reacts to such circumstances. With symptoms such as stomach heaviness, nausea, belching and flatulence, experienced almost everything. And not always it is associated with serious diseases, so many people do not give this state its due attention. But it is important to determine the causes of heaviness in the stomach, to prevent this in the future. In addition, this symptom may be indicative of incipient diseases, which should be treated in time.
Signs of dyspepsia
This disease is one of the most common. It, if time does not remove the causes of heaviness in the stomach after eating. Then to this are added symptom of bloating of abdomen, flatulence, nausea, and flatulence. Occurs belching eaten food or air, and sometimes starts vomiting. If there is high fever, headache and weakness, talking about the development of dyspepsia. Disease begins almost always due to improper food, which at first causes heaviness in the stomach, food is poorly digested, begin the process of decay and brozhzheniya. In severe cases, the person loses weight and starts various disturbances in health status due to the fact that nutrients are almost not absorbed. Therefore, all doctors recommend time to recognize the causes of heaviness in the stomach and prevent them. If the condition is found more than twice a week or is accompanied by other unpleasant symptoms, it is cause for immediate treatment to the doctor and the diagnosis.
Causes of heaviness in the stomach
This condition can be caused by various factors, and to prevent it in the future, you should try to avoid them:
1. Violation of meal: overeating, frequent snacking or big breaks between meals. It can also be a meal at night, on the move or at a very fast pace.
2. The use of poor quality, fatty, spicy or canned food, and food intolerance of some products because of enzyme deficiency.
3. Diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, liver or pancreas. Many of them are in the early stages held no pain, only heaviness in the stomach, belching and nausea show that something is not right.
4. Stress, neurosis, worry or depression lead to slower digestion.
5. Bad habits, alcohol or Smoking. In addition organism poisoning with narcotic substances, they have a profound impact on the stomach.
6. What else can be the cause of heaviness in the stomach after eating? This, for example, eating large quantities of fatty, spicy and fried foods.
7. The feeding disorders: overeating, a rare meal, snacking on the go or meal on a night.
8. Frequent consumption of fast food and foods containing artificial additives.
9. Eating, watching TV or a rapid absorption.
10. It is believed that Kashi is a very digestible product. But sometimes they can cause unpleasant symptoms. For example, the causes of heaviness in the stomach after the buckwheat is a low quality grain, that it overdue or overdone.
What drinks can cause weight?
- Sweet soda, especially Coca-Cola, irritates the mucous membrane of the stomach, causing various irregularities in his work.
- Strong tea, coffee, kvass and beer strongly irritate mucous membranes. This leads to various disorders in the stomach, most often to the appearance of gravity.
- Very many people with age, there is a milk intolerance. Therefore, it is better to replace low-fat yogurt or yogurt.
- Any liquid, soaking immediately after a meal, slows down the digestion of the eaten food, since it dilutes the digestive juice and food is permanently retained in the stomach, causing a sensation of heaviness.
What diseases can cause these symptoms?
The most common causes of heaviness in the stomach and belching are in the field of malnutrition. But it happens that these symptoms are signs of serious diseases:
1. Gastritis: in addition to heaviness in stomach and nausea it is accompanied by belching with a bad smell and abdominal pain.
2. Gastric ulcer is recognized by the characteristic pain at night and frequent vomiting. But it also may be accompanied by heaviness in the stomach, nausea and belching.
3. If to these symptoms is added a dramatic weight loss, weakness, loss of appetite and anemia in the blood, you may develop cancer.
4. Pancreatitis is reflected in the inability of the pancreas to produce some enzymes for digestion. Therefore, he is accompanied by constant heaviness in the abdomen, burping, flatulence and nausea.
On the condition of the stomach affect also liver diseases: cholecystitis, hepatitis or cirrhosis. Often heaviness in the abdomen persists for a long time after recovery from intestinal infections and poisoning.
Other frequent causes of heaviness in the stomach, belching and nausea
1. Often this state feels this morning, Yes, he is joined by nausea and General fatigue. The cause of this is overeating at night. If a person ate a lot before bed, especially greasy and indigestible food, the stomach can not cope with their responsibilities.
2. Psychological causes heaviness in the stomach many are not taken seriously. But this organ is very sensitive to a person's mood. With different experiences stomach refuses to work properly and to digest food. And with constant stressful situations produces too much hydrochloric acid, which attacks the mucous.
3. Taking certain medications, especially antibiotics. Therefore, you should carefully study the instructions and during the treatment to monitor their diet.
4. Very often, this condition occurs during pregnancy. Heaviness in the stomach, belching and nausea may be felt as due to the compression by the uterus of the stomach, and due to hormonal changes in the body.
5. Sometimes a person during a meal can swallow the air. This condition is called air swallowing and causes heaviness in the stomach and belching.
6. Causes of heaviness in the stomach in men are most often associated with malnutrition. But not only because they are more likely to suffer from this problem. Alcohol abuse, Smoking and disregard for his health played here not last role.
How to deal with the problem?
To eliminate such unpleasant symptoms, the first step is to identify the causes of heaviness in the stomach. The treatment of this problem may be quite simple: just establish the diet. But in some cases you may need medical help. After examination and blood tests, the specialist will make the diagnosis and prescribe treatment that will help prevent the appearance of heaviness in the stomach after a meal. If these symptoms occur rarely, to cope with them is easy and on their own:
- if the cause of the appearance of heaviness in the abdomen and eructations is poor quality food or an improper diet, you can drink a couple of tablets of activated charcoal;
– in rare cases, if the severity delivers a strong discomfort, it is recommended to drink “Mezim” or “Festal”, but taking enzymes should not get involved
sometimes such symptoms can be treated with light massage and applying a heating pad
– to improve the stomach, need regular exercise, which should include bending and twisting of the torso.
Traditional methods of treatment
Stomach discomfort prevents lead a normal, fulfilling life. But not always it is associated with serious diseases. If in addition to gravity and burping are not experiencing other symptoms, you can deal with them with home remedies:
– well normalize the stomach decoctions of herbs: calendula, chamomile, yarrow, or St. John's wort
- helps with heartburn powder from buckwheat groats of high quality. It is taken in the morning, on an empty stomach, on a teaspoonful;
- To improve the work of the stomach, you need to take this medicine three times a day before meals: in a glass of warm water, dilute two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar and honey.
How to eat?
To prevent the appearance of gravity in the stomach, you must first adjust the diet and diet:
– try to eat more often but small portions
- refuse from fried and fatty foods - better to stew or bake;
- avoid dishes, after which there is a feeling of heaviness in the stomach;
– food should be warm
– not to eat on the go and before bed
- Try to thoroughly chew food;
- half an hour before a meal you need to drink a glass of water, this will improve digestion;
- limit the use of sauces, ketchups and spices;
- To exclude from the diet of the carbonated drinks, alcohol, coffee, canned food and fast food.
Learn to recognize the causes of gravity in the stomach after eating and avoid them. Then these unpleasant symptoms will never bother you again.