This nation has an ancient custom - to make tattoos. Polynesians in this skill have a special talent. According to their beliefs, patterns on the skin can change a person’s character and strengthen his spirit.
Polynesians with trepidation and honor belong to the ocean. If you take a closer look at the Polynesian tattoos, you can see that their symbols are in most cases associated with water and its inhabitants.
Polynesian tattoos are characterized by a set of coded characters that not only tell about the life of their owner, but also give him the necessary qualities. In addition, the tattoo - it is always an original, not like the other pattern, created by the master individually for a person.
Meaning of characters
The value of Polynesian tattoos depends on the combination of elements that are depicted on them. The population of these islands identifies several main characters that are most often present on tattoos.
- The sun - a sign that symbolizes eternity and life, alternating with death. It is joy, luck and positive energy. It is depicted as a circle and indicates the importance of life.
- Moon. If it is a symbol of the crescent, it means the feminine principle and vital abundance. The presence on the tattoo of both the Moon and the Sun tells about the revealed secret possibilities - such a person is the master of his destiny.
- Water. The image of a spiral, wave or ribbon speaks of continuous changes that will last a lifetime. The spiral is a symbol of hope and new beginnings. Everything that resembles a whirlpool of different sizes denotes life stages, and also tells of the past, the future and the present.
- Shark. This fish symbolizes strength, stamina, perseverance and power. She is a sacred being in the water element. Polynesian shark tattoos protect against unfriendly people and third-party threats. If teeth are depicted in the form of an ornament, they are able to fence the wearer from all troubles and hardships.
- Turtle. The symbol of family safety, health, long life and fertility creates a harmony of body and soul. In ancient times, warriors used shells as shields. On tattoo, this element protects against evil spirits.
Meaning of secondary drawings
In addition to the basic symbols, Polynesian tattoos use images of additional elements. Each curl has a meaning and has a certain meaning.
These creatures may be present in different parts of the picture. If it is a whale, it protects friendship, family and home. Dolphin - a symbol of harmony in relationships. Octopus allows you to quickly adapt and adapt to circumstances. Eel talks about the unpleasant events that people experienced. Skat symbolizes visual appeal and grace. Shells are treated as a carrier's attachment to the hearth, which is filled with harmony, mutual understanding and love.
Birds and other aerial creatures
It is a symbol of freedom and good news. The value of Polynesian tattoos is twofold. With these elements in the figure, a person becomes alert, but on the other hand, he can assess what is happening from a height.
Painted butterflies and dragonflies are a sign of magical transformations and changes of the soul.
Tattoos in the Polynesian style with the image of little men represent a circle of relatives and friends who are able to provide support. The media is very grateful to these people. When the figure shows a few painted little men who are joined by hands - this means a marriage bond and children.
If a man is squatting on a tattoo, it is interpreted as the carrier’s militancy and ability to kill.
The image of a pair of eyes means ancestors watching the carrier from heaven. One eye gives advantages over the enemy. So he intimidates and distracts the enemy.
- The ax says that the man is a fighter. It symbolizes a courageous and courageous character.
- All kinds of cords - symbols of a strong relationship with loved ones.
- The boat protects the traveler or adventurer from obstacles on the road.
- Fishing hook - a symbol of good luck.
- Tiki are quite common. In fact, these are masks that protect against the evil eye. It happens that they are stuffed with the direction of gaze in different directions, so that the owner of the tattoo was protected from all sides.
- Fern means calm and tranquility.
- Images of other leaves contribute to well-being and success in undertakings.
- Lotus serves to overcome the ordeals.
- Flowers symbolize beauty and perfection.
- The cross speaks of harmony.
Natural elements and elements
- The fire speaks of change.
- Stones and mountains signify achievement and stability.
It should be noted that these characters have long been forgotten. The inhabitants of the islands themselves had already forgotten their secret knowledge. Despite this, there are quite a few fans of such entertaining ornaments in Russia.
Polynesian tattoos, photos of which are presented in our article, can be ordered from a professional master.