A forest plant from the Rosaceae family called strawberries is known to almost everyone. You can meet him in dry forests, on glades, meadows, along the banks of rivers.
Useful properties of strawberries are known since ancient times. Folk healers know a lot of medicinal recipes not only from berries, but also leaves and roots. Let's try to get acquainted with this amazing medicinal and useful plant.
Description of the plant
Strawberry forest refers to perennial plants. Has a small height, only 15-20 centimeters. Forms a large number of whiskers - creeping shoots, which take root, and thus expand the occupied area. Leaves complex triple on long petioles, on the upper side have a bright green color, and with the lower whitish-gray with a green tinge and slightly pubescent.
Flowers of the correct form of the five petals often have a white color. Flowering can be observed from May to July. After this, a fleshy and juicy false fruit is formed, which everyone calls the "wild strawberry berry". The real fruits are small nuts, which are immersed in the juicy pulp.
If there is a forest near the house, a river, then surely there you can meet this wonderful berry.
Useful composition of strawberry
Vitamins in strawberries are kept in large quantities, and this is the basis for applying it to medicinal and general health purposes. Berries contain the following vitamins:
- ascorbic acid;
- folic acid;
- vitamin B1.
In addition, all parts of the plant contain antioxidants, organic acids, tannins and pectin compounds, dietary fiber and tannins, ethereal substances. Berry strawberries can boast a large content of chemical elements, for example, iron, sodium, potassium, phosphorus, manganese, iodine, boron, zinc and others. A real storehouse of useful substances.
Therapeutic effect of strawberries
The medicinal properties of forest strawberries are explained by the rich composition. Here are just some of its effects, which it has on the human body:
- stops blood;
- has good anti-inflammatory properties;
- will help to expel worms from the body;
- lowers the temperature;
- purifies the blood;
- has an antispasmodic effect;
- perfectly heals wounds;
- reduces the amount of uric acid;
- has a hepatoprotective effect;
- improves the functioning of the cardiovascular system;
- regulates metabolism.
These useful properties of strawberries make it possible to use it in the complex therapy of the following diseases:
- Stones in the kidneys.
- Internal bleeding.
- Diseases of the liver.
- General exhaustion of the body.
This is not a complete list of diseases with which the wild strawberries can easily cope. Its therapeutic possibilities are wide enough.
Use of strawberries in cosmetology
The use of fresh berries and decoctions of leaves and roots can save from various diseases, and can also make the skin more beautiful and young. Back in the old days, the strawberries were freshly used to wipe their faces in order to get rid of freckles.
Currently, in the collections of folk recipes, you can find a lot of recommendations on the use of various parts of this plant with benefits for beauty and health.
Fresh strawberries can be used in facial masks. Due to its useful qualities, the skin becomes more elastic, wrinkles are smoothed. It is only necessary to exclude the presence of an allergy to this berry before use.
Even tartar can be removed by this forest doctor. Phytoncids, which are found in berries, easily pass into solutions, so they are used with great efficiency for rinsing the mouth and throat.
An interesting fact is known. Women in ancient Rome took a bath with fresh strawberry juice to make the skin beautiful and smooth. Of course, this luxury was not available to every representative of the weaker sex.
Use of leaves in folk recipes
Useful properties of strawberries are found not only in her berries, but also in leaves. They contain essential oils and a lot of ascorbic acid.
In ancient times people applied leaves to wounds, cuts and abrasions, and also applied them to treat external hemorrhoids.
From the dried raw material you get an excellent and useful strawberry tea or a medicinal decoction. It should be noted that infusion of leaves reduces blood pressure and heart rate, dilates blood vessels and makes heart beat more powerful.
If you do not have contraindications for use, then you can prepare the infusion and use it with benefit. For this you need:
- Take 50 grams of leaves.
- Pour half a liter of boiling water.
- Insist for 4 hours.
- You can take 100-150 ml 3 times a day before meals.
Infusion of the leaves of this plant has the following useful qualities:
- brings the nervous nerves into a calm state;
- dilates blood vessels;
- strengthens the whole body;
- is an antisclerotic;
- helps to cope with increased sweating;
- relieves diarrhea.
Given all these properties, a decoction of strawberry leaves is shown under the following conditions:
- problems with the bladder;
- urolithiasis disease;
- bronchial asthma;
- metabolic disease;
- recovery period after surgery.
Before therapy with this natural remedy, it is necessary to consult a physician on the question of combining with those medicines that are already used to treat the disease.
To strawberry leaves had only a positive effect on the body, they must be harvested at a certain time. Collection is recommended to lead during the flowering period of the plant, that is, in May-June. After collection, the leaves must be dried in a dry place, away from direct sunlight. Keep them only in tissue bags during the year.
You can use the fermentation method before treatment. To do this, the strawberry leaves are slightly withered in the shade, and then kneaded with hands until the appearance of a stickiness. Then it can be folded into a box and covered with a damp cloth for 8-9 hours. Then it is necessary to dry it on a baking sheet, and it is possible to use strawberry leaves to brew medicinal tea.
Roots of strawberries
Even the root system of strawberries carries a large number of useful qualities. You can harvest roots during the flowering period. For this it is necessary to dig them out, rinse well, finely chop and dry in a ventilated place.
To prepare a healing infusion from the roots, they should take 1 teaspoon, add a glass of boiling water, insist for 20 minutes. After that you can use.
Infusion of strawberry roots is used for the following diseases:
It is necessary to remember and know that only green and underground parts of forest strawberries can be used for medicinal purposes. And they can not be used for garden, you can get poisoning.
Despite all the useful properties of strawberries, a preliminary consultation with the attending physician is necessary. You need to make sure that you have no contraindications to its use. Only then can you be sure that the treatment will be useful.
Despite a lot of useful qualities, not everyone can be treated by this medicinal plant. Contraindications include:
- the presence of allergies to strawberry berries;
- problems in the work of the thyroid gland (in a large number of strawberries can adversely affect its functioning);
- diabetes mellitus (in this case, use strawberries and decoctions, infusions from it must be done with extreme caution);
- pregnancy (infusion of leaves is strictly prohibited at this time, as it increases the tone of the uterus and causes it to contract).
Damage strawberries can be, if you use it for the following diseases:
- chronic renal and hepatic colic;
- peptic ulcer in the period of exacerbation;
- diseases of the gallbladder;
- increased secretory activity of the glands of the stomach.
If you do not have listed diseases and symptoms, then treatment with strawberries will only benefit.
Use of wild strawberry for the treatment of diseases
Recently, people are increasingly turning to traditional methods of treatment. Among them an important place is occupied by recipes from strawberries. Here are just some of them that can be used during the therapy of various diseases.
- In the presence of stones in the gallbladder or urinary tract in the morning before eating, you must take fresh strawberry juice in an amount of 6-8 table spoons.
- When bronchial asthma brew 2 cups of boiling water 2 tbsp. l. leaves of strawberries, insist and take 1 spoonful several times a day. The duration of the course can be discussed with the attending physician.
- With hemorrhoids, decoction from the roots of the plant will help. Take 100 ml 3 times a day. It is recommended to use it for enemas.
- With chronic eczema will also help strawberries, mashed in puree. Such a composition must be applied to the sore spots and covered with a napkin on top. This method is excellent for treating skin rashes, depriving and various small wounds.
- If there is anemia or frequent uterine bleeding, it is necessary to prepare a decoction, as from bronchial asthma. After it is infused for 2 hours, you can use 100 ml on an empty stomach for internal use.
- Treatment of fibroids can be carried out in a complex collection, which includes leaves of strawberries. To make it, you need: 50 grams of leaves of strawberries, St. John's wort, motherwort, buckthorn bark, calendula flowers, 20 grams of chamomile, 10 g nettle and the same yarrow. You need to prepare a mixture of these ingredients, and from it make a decoction. You need to use a curative infusion of 100 ml 2 times a day for 2-3 months.
This is not all the recipes from strawberries, which can help in the treatment of diseases. In the collections of people's councils you can find recommendations on the treatment of almost all diseases.
Application of strawberries in folk medicine
The healing properties of wild strawberry people have used for many centuries not only as a healing tool, but also for preventive purposes. The uniqueness of the berry is that it can be used in the therapy of both adults and toddlers.
- Teenagers often suffer from acne on the face. Get rid of this problem will help tea from the leaves of strawberries, which must be drunk during the day.
- Problems with the liver folk healers are recommended to treat with infusion of dried fruits of the plant. 2 tablespoons should be poured half a liter of boiling water, insist 3 hours and drink half a cup 3-4 times a day before meals.
- As soon as the sun begins to warm, many of them have freckles on their face. Those who are not happy with such beauty, you can recommend to prepare a decoction of 2 tbsp. l. leaves of strawberries and a glass of boiling water, then soak them with a napkin and apply to your face for 20-30 minutes before going to bed.
- Gastritis is a frequent companion nowadays. To ease your condition you can decoction from the roots of the plant. To do this, take 1 tbsp. l. and pour a glass of boiling water, insist 8 hours. Take 100 ml 3 times daily before meals. The course of such therapy is 1 month.
- Even with the flu, strawberries can help. It is necessary to take in the same proportion the leaves and berries of strawberries, then 1 tbsp. l. Raw material pour cold water and bring to a boil, but do not boil. This medication should be taken at 200 ml 3 times a day.
- Berry strawberries, if you eat them a day for 300-500 g, will help cope with constipation and atony of the intestine.
- If you prepare an infusion of 2 tbsp. l. berries and a glass of boiling water and drink it for 1 tablespoon 3 times a day, then you can slow down baldness.
- With inflammation of the gums, it is useful to infuse the leaves with rinsing leaves for 5 minutes after each meal and at bedtime.
- Even with harmful cholesterol, you can cope with strawberries. For this you need 1 tbsp. l. Leaf pour 200 ml of boiling water, insist and drink 2 glasses a day. This agent in its composition contains silicon, which cleans well the blood vessels from cholesterol plaques.
- Many people are sweating feet, and pharmacies do not always help to cope with this problem. To the aid can come again strawberries. It is necessary to take 200 g of grass, pour 2-3 liters of water, boil for 10 minutes, then cool to 37 degrees, and then you can take the foot bath.
Even if you do not cook various broths, but just use fresh berries, the health benefits will be enormous. Vitamins in strawberries are kept in large quantities, so the surge of energy and energy is guaranteed. Only it is necessary to take into account the presence of contraindications and to make sure there is no allergy to berries.
Feedback on the treatment of strawberries
About such a beautiful berry, as a strawberry, reviews can only be found positive. Very many who tried to get rid of stones and sand in the kidneys were satisfied with the result. Ordinary strawberries copes with this problem even better than some expensive medicines.
Summer residents often use strawberry leaves as a wound-healing remedy. Cuts and abrasions quickly pass, and there is no need to return to the city to buy expensive medicine in the pharmacy.
Nature generously endows a person, we only need to pay more attention to these gifts. Do not forget that a man himself is part of nature, which means that natural medicines are much more effective and safer for him. You just need to be able to use them and accept them gratefully.