A forest plant of the Rosaceae family called strawberries knows almost everything. You can meet him in dry forests, in glades, meadows, along the banks of rivers.
The beneficial properties of strawberries are known since ancient times. Traditional healers know a lot of medical recipes, not only from the berries, but also the leaves and roots. Let's try to get to know this amazing medicinal and useful plant.
Forest strawberry refers to perennial plants. It has a small height, only 15-20 centimeters. Forms a large number of whiskers - creeping shoots that root, and thus the occupied area expands. The leaves are complex trifoliate on long petioles, on the upper side are bright green in color, and on the lower side they are whitish-gray with a green tinge and slightly pubescent.
Flowers of the correct form of five petals often have a white color. Flowering can be observed from May to July. After that, a fleshy and juicy false fruit is formed, which is what everyone calls the “wild strawberry”. Real fruits are small nuts that are dipped in juicy pulp from above.
If there is a forest, a river near your house, then surely you can meet this wonderful berry there.
Useful composition of strawberries
Vitamins in strawberries are found in large quantities, and this is the basis for its use in therapeutic and restorative purposes. Berries contain the following vitamins:
- ascorbic acid;
- folic acid;
- vitamin b1.
In addition, in all parts of the plant contains antioxidants, organic acids, tannins and pectin compounds, dietary fiber and tannins, essential substances. The strawberry berry boasts a high content of chemical elements, such as iron, sodium, potassium, phosphorus, manganese, iodine, boron, zinc and others. This pantry of nutrients.
Therapeutic effects of strawberries
The medicinal properties of wild strawberries are explained by their rich composition. Here are just some of the effects that it has on the human body:
- stops blood;
- has good anti-inflammatory properties;
- choleretic agent;
- helps expel worms from the body;
- reduces the temperature;
- cleans the blood;
- has an antispasmodic effect;
- perfectly heals wounds;
- reduces the amount of uric acid;
- has a hepatoprotective effect;
- improves the cardiovascular system;
- regulates metabolism.
These beneficial properties of strawberries make it possible to use it in the treatment of the following diseases:
- Stones in the kidneys.
- Internal bleeding.
- Liver disease.
- General depletion of the body.
This is not a complete list of diseases that the wild strawberry can easily handle. Her medical capabilities are quite wide.
The use of strawberries in cosmetology
The use of fresh berries and decoctions of leaves and roots can get rid of various diseases, and can also make the skin more beautiful and young. Even in ancient times, fresh strawberries were used to wipe faces to get rid of freckles.
Currently, in collections of folk recipes you can find a lot of recommendations on the use of various parts of this plant with benefits for beauty and health.
Fresh strawberries can be used in face masks. Thanks to its beneficial qualities, the skin becomes more elastic, wrinkles are smoothed. It is only necessary to exclude the presence of allergy to this berry before use.
Even the tartar is able to eliminate this forest doctor. Phytoncides, which are contained in berries, easily pass into solutions, therefore they are used with great efficiency for rinsing the mouth and throat.
Known interesting fact. Women in ancient Rome took a bath with the juice of fresh strawberries so that the skin was beautiful and smooth. Of course, this luxury was not available to every woman.
The use of leaves in folk recipes
The beneficial properties of strawberries are contained not only in its berries, but also in its leaves. They contain essential oils and a lot of ascorbic acid.
Even in ancient times, people applied leaves to wounds, cuts and abrasions, and also used them to treat external hemorrhoids.
Dried raw materials make an excellent and healthy strawberry tea or medicinal decoction. It should be noted that the infusion of leaves reduces pressure and heart rate, dilates blood vessels and makes heart contractions stronger.
If you have no contraindications for use, you can prepare the infusion and use it with advantage. For this you need:
- Take 50 grams of leaves.
- Pour half a liter of boiling water.
- Insist on for 4 hours.
- You can take 100-150 ml 3 times a day before meals.
The infusion of the leaves of this plant has the following beneficial qualities:
- calms down nerves;
- dilates blood vessels;
- strengthens the entire body;
- is anti-sclerotic agent;
- helps to cope with increased sweating;
- relieves diarrhea.
Considering all these properties, a decoction of strawberry leaves is shown under the following conditions:
- bladder problems;
- urolithiasis disease;
- bronchial asthma;
- metabolic disease;
- recovery period after surgery.
Before therapy with this natural remedy, it is necessary to consult with your doctor on the question of combination with those drugs that are already used to treat the disease.
To strawberry leaves have only a positive effect on the body, they must be harvested at a certain time. The collection is recommended to be in the flowering period of the plant, that is, in May-June. After harvesting, the leaves must be dried in a dry place, away from direct sunlight. Store them only in fabric bags for a year.
You can use the method of fermentation before treatment. To do this, strawberry leaves are kept in the shade for a while, and then kneaded with hands until a feeling of stickiness appears. Then it can be folded in a box and covered with a damp cloth for 8-9 hours. Then you need to dry on a baking sheet, and you can use strawberry leaves to brew medicinal tea.
Even the root system of strawberries carries a large number of useful qualities. Doing the harvesting of the roots is possible during the flowering period. To do this, dig them up, rinse well, finely chop and dry in a ventilated place.
To prepare the healing infusion of the roots, they need to take 1 teaspoon, add a glass of boiling water, insist 20 minutes. After that, you can use.
Infusion of strawberry roots is used for the following diseases:
It is necessary to remember and know that only green and underground parts of wild strawberry can be used for medicinal purposes. And in the garden they can not be used, you can get poisoning.
Despite all the beneficial properties of strawberries, prior consultation with your doctor is necessary. We must make sure that you do not have contraindications to its use. Only then you can be sure that the treatment will be useful.
Despite a lot of useful qualities, not everyone can be treated with this medicinal plant. Contraindications include:
- allergy to strawberries;
- problems in the thyroid gland (in a large number of strawberries can adversely affect its functioning);
- diabetes mellitus (in the case of strawberries and decoctions, infusions of it must be with extreme caution);
- pregnancy (the infusion of leaves is strictly prohibited at this time, as it increases the tone of the uterus and causes its reduction).
Harm of strawberries can be, if you use it with the following diseases:
- chronic renal and hepatic colic;
- peptic ulcer in the period of exacerbation;
- gallbladder disease;
- increased secretory activity of the gastric glands.
If you do not have these diseases and symptoms, then treatment with strawberries will bring only benefit.
The use of wild strawberry for the treatment of diseases
Recently, people are increasingly turning to popular methods of treatment. Among them, an important place is occupied by recipes from strawberries. Here are some of them that can be used during the treatment of various diseases.
- If there are stones in the gall bladder or urinary tract in the morning, you should take fresh strawberry juice in the amount of 6-8 tablespoons before a meal.
- With asthma, brew 2 cups of boiling water 2 tbsp. l strawberry leaves, insist and take 1 spoon several times a day. The duration of the course can be discussed with your doctor.
- With hemorrhoids will help cope decoction of the roots of the plant. Take 100 ml 3 times a day. It is recommended to use it for enemas.
- In chronic eczema, strawberries pounded in mashed potatoes will also help. This composition should be applied to the sore spots and cover with a napkin on top. This method is great for treating skin rashes, depriving and various small wounds.
- If there is anemia or frequent uterine bleeding, then it is necessary to prepare a decoction, as from bronchial asthma. After it is infused for 2 hours, it can be used for internal use 100 ml on an empty stomach.
- Treatment of fibroids can be carried out in a comprehensive collection, which includes strawberry leaves. For its preparation you will need: 50 grams of leaves of strawberry, St. John's wort, motherwort, buckthorn bark, calendula flowers, 20 g of chamomile flowers, 10 g of nettle and the same yarrow. It is necessary to prepare a mixture of these components, and from it to make a decoction. It is necessary to use a healing infusion of 100 ml 2 times a day for 2-3 months.
This is not all recipes from strawberries, which can help in the treatment of diseases. In the collections of popular councils can be found recommendations for the treatment of almost all diseases.
The use of strawberries in traditional medicine
The therapeutic properties of strawberries have been used by people for many centuries not only as a healing tool, but also as a preventive measure. The uniqueness of the berry is that it can be used in the treatment of both adults and children.
- Adolescents often suffer from the appearance of acne on the face. To get rid of this problem will help tea from the leaves of strawberries, which must be drunk during the day.
- Liver problems traditional healers recommend treating infusion of dry fruit of the plant. 2 tablespoons need to pour half a liter of boiling water, insist 3 hours and drink half a cup 3-4 times a day before meals.
- As soon as the sun begins to warm, many have freckles on their faces. Those who are not happy with such beauty can recommend to prepare a decoction of 2 tbsp. l strawberry leaves and a glass of boiling water, then soak them a napkin and apply to face for 20-30 minutes before bedtime.
- Gastritis is a frequent companion in our time. Relieve your condition can be a decoction of the roots of the plant. To do this, take 1 tbsp. l and pour a glass of boiling water, insist 8 hours. Take 100 ml 3 times daily before meals. The course of such therapy is 1 month.
- Even with the flu will help cope with strawberries. It is necessary to take in the same proportion the leaves and strawberries, then 1 tbsp. l raw materials pour cold water and bring to a boil, but do not boil. This remedy should be taken 200 ml 3 times a day.
- Strawberry berries, if eaten per day 300-500 g, will help to cope with constipation and intestinal atony.
- If you cook the infusion of 2 tbsp. l berries and a glass of boiling water and drink it 1 tablespoon 3 times a day, then you can slow down baldness.
- In case of inflammation of the gums, it is useful to extract the extract from the leaves to rinse your mouth for 5 minutes after each meal and before bedtime.
- Even with bad cholesterol, strawberries can be controlled. For this you need 1 tbsp. l leaves pour 200 ml of boiling water, insist and drink 2 cups a day. This tool contains silicon in its composition, which cleans blood vessels from cholesterol plaques well.
- Many have their feet sweating, and not always chemist's help to cope with this problem. To help can come again strawberries. It is necessary to take 200 g of grass, pour 2-3 liters of water, boil for 10 minutes, then cool to 37 degrees, and then you can take baths for legs.
Even if you do not cook a variety of broths, but simply use fresh berries, the health benefits will be huge. Vitamins in strawberries are found in large quantities, so a surge of strength and energy is guaranteed. Only it is necessary to take into account the presence of contraindications and make sure that there is no allergy to the berries.
Reviews of strawberry treatment
About such a beautiful berry, like strawberries, reviews can be found only positive. Many who tried to get rid of stones and sand in the kidneys, were satisfied with the result. Ordinary strawberries cope with this problem even better than some expensive drugs.
Summer residents often use strawberry leaves as a wound healing agent. Cuts and abrasions quickly pass, and there is no need to return to the city to buy an expensive drug at the pharmacy.
The nature generously grants the person, it is necessary only to be more attentive to these gifts. Do not forget that man himself is a part of nature, which means that natural medicines are much more effective and safer for him. You just need to know how to use them and accept them with gratitude.