Fishing line is probably the most important element of fishing gear. On it rests the main burden when playing prey. It depends on the range of a bait and success in hooking fish. Increasingly gaining popularity of braided fishing line. Modern technologies allow to produce high-quality gear with the latest achievements of science.
The constant desire to improve fishing snap led to the fact that the stores at the end of the last century, there were braided fishing line. Name – from the essence of the process of manufacturing gear. A few fibers are woven or soldered into one strong cord. Qualitative indicators of such gear is several times higher than conventional manolescu.
According to the method of manufacture, there are three types of braids:
- Pigtail. The same type of fiber woven together. This is the most common option. The number of fibers and the quality of the weave depends on its strength. Just twisted (not braided) fibers are inferior in quality to the real braided lines.
- Fiber are connected in parallel with the high temperature and pressure. The fibers are weaved, and, in fact, glued together. They practically do not absorb water, but under heavy use will quickly lose its original shape.
- Shell braid. Fiber is not intertwined and not soldered, but are simply placed into the shell. It is not widespread due to the fact that the quality of the shell had not yet been invented, and one that is currently used has good performance.
Braided fishing line is chosen for a specific type of fish, fishing conditions and accessories. The following characteristics are taken into account:
- The breaking load. Labels in addition to specified diameter breaking load, it is at this indicator and should be targeted. One should not discount the fact that at the joints (nodes) it will be by far less than stated. The indicator is written in pounds (lb). 1 pound is equal to 453 grams. Knowing what fish you will catch, it is easy to determine which network is more appropriate:
- 4-6 pounds = 1.8-2.7 kg for small fish (300-400 grams) when fishing from the shore or perch from a boat;
- 8-10 pounds = 3.5-4.5 kg for catching an ide, chub, asp, small pike from the shore;
- 12-15 pounds = 5.4-6 kg for catching perch, pike large perch from a boat;
- 18-20 pounds = 8-9 kg for catching large fish in adverse conditions (littered bottom, excess algae);
- more than 20 pounds = 9 and more kilograms are used when fishing by trolling.
- Unwinding. The most popular and demanded - 150 meters. For spinning the minimum length is 100 meters. There are unwinds for 123, 135, 200 and 250 meters.
- Cord type. They differ in the method of connecting fibers. They can be either woven or brazed. Braided softer, brazed during operation explode faster.
- Impact strength. The ability of a scaffold to withstand the maximum short-term loading when casting or powerful cutting at about the bite (the provocateur acts deaf hook) plays an important role in fishing. It will ensure the safety of tackle and bait.
- Density. Good density confirms the quality of braids. If the fibers are stratified when twisting, this indicates a poor quality of the product.
- Memory. This indicator is not critical due to the fact that the memory of the braid is practically absent.
- Wear resistance. Braided fishing line (feedback from anglers overwhelmingly confirms this), made with the classic most dense weaving from high-quality raw materials, with a smooth and slippery surface is the most durable.
The best woven fishing line meets all the parameters embedded in it and has the following advantages compared to monolex:
- increased strength;
- large breaking load;
- less tensile properties;
- high wear resistance;
- frost resistance.
The multicore structure of the braid has its drawbacks:
- low camouflage ability scares cautious fish;
- not suitable for light baits, resistance to long casts is too high;
- clogging of the braided particles accelerates the wear of the throughput rings of the spinning rod or rods;
- increased risk of knots and beards;
- high price.
The feeder referred to as the English fishing tackle. A peculiar method of fishing in which the fisherman can cast almost any bait at a decent distance. Need a good reliable rod and tackle, often braided fishing line. For feeder is very important and its sensitivity at the time of the bite.
Manufacturers offer a large selection of feeder braided woods. They vary in thickness, manufacturing method, color. When choosing, consider:
- surface smoothness (provides a casting distance and reduces water resistance in the flow);
- water intake (absolutely can not absorb, you need to choose with the minimum);
- density (ensures the absence of "dirtiness");
- large unwinding (well, if the length is up to 150 meters);
- ability to sink quickly.
Braided fishing line for spinning is prized by many anglers. Only the spinning, or rather, its spare parts, choke ring and coil need more care. The rough cord in addition to fish gathers all possible debris and dirt in the pond that reflects poorly on the state of the gear.
Knots for braided fishing line. What's good for the monofilament line, not always suitable for braided. It will require special methods of connection. Take into account the form of fibers and the way they weave. Usually on the package the best site to nastie. But the most famous and popular "Palomar" and "uni" there are other ways of attachment:
- "Yuni", or "Greener". It is convenient for tying hooks with small ears. Double fishing line just will not go into such a hole. The well-known American company Power Pro recommends this particular node to its customers.
- "Palomar." Quick and easy knot, used for hooks, swivels, carbines. Universal, suitable for ordinary fishing line. This mount is used for tying artificial bait when fishing with spinning.
- "Clinch". Simple knot, very reliable. For braids is considered one of the best options.
- "Bloody". A node with such a terrible name allows you to quickly and very securely fasten together the sections of braids. This way you can tie and cords. The difference in thickness in 1,5-2 times does not affect loose. This way you can connect the network with the leash of the monofil.
- Double sliding. It features high reliability and strength. Suitable for almost all types of gear. With it, you can connect two different in size (even five times) length of line or braid.
For all types of binding attachment is their wetting before final tightening. Knots for braided fishing line you need to choose depending on the shape of the fibers. Section they may be flat or round. When tightening the knot flat fibers are twisted, it leads to creation of tension and loss of strength. A wrong site can ruin a fishing trip.
Braided fishing line is not cheap, so when you purchase you need to follow a few simple rules:
- buy the product in the company, a trusted store;
- a thorough visual inspection will help identify defects (poor weaving, poor-quality fiber);
- choose a braid of one manufacturer and one brand (already proven in practice).
Poor quality or fake braids can and should be returned to the store within 14 days, to do this, save the sales receipt.