Fishing line is probably the most important element of fishing gear. On it rests the main burden when playing prey. It depends on the range of a bait and success in hooking fish. Increasingly gaining popularity of braided fishing line. Modern technologies allow to produce high-quality gear with the latest achievements of science.
The constant desire to improve fishing snap led to the fact that the stores at the end of the last century, there were braided fishing line. Name – from the essence of the process of manufacturing gear. A few fibers are woven or soldered into one strong cord. Qualitative indicators of such gear is several times higher than conventional manolescu.
By the way of manufacturing there are three types of braids:
- Pigtail. The same type of fiber woven together. This is the most common option. The number of fibers and the quality of the weave depends on its strength. Just twisted (not braided) fibers are inferior in quality to the real braided lines.
- Fiber are connected in parallel with the high temperature and pressure. The fibers are weaved, and, in fact, glued together. They practically do not absorb water, but under heavy use will quickly lose its original shape.
- Shell braid. Fiber is not intertwined and not soldered, but are simply placed into the shell. It is not widespread due to the fact that the quality of the shell had not yet been invented, and one that is currently used has good performance.
Parameters of the line
The braided line is selected for a specific type of fish, the conditions of fishing and snap. The following characteristics are taken into account:
- The breaking load. Labels in addition to specified diameter breaking load, it is at this indicator and should be targeted. One should not discount the fact that at the joints (nodes) it will be by far less than stated. The indicator is written in pounds (lb). 1 pound is equal to 453 grams. Knowing what fish you will catch, it is easy to determine which network is more appropriate:
- 4-6 pounds = 1,8-2,7 kg for small fish (300-400 grams) when catching from the shore or perch from the boat;
- 8-10 pounds = 3,5-4,5 kg for catching an egg, chub, asp, a small pike from the shore;
- 12-15 pounds = 5.4-6 kg for catching pike perch, pike perch of large perch from the boat;
- 18-20 pounds = 8-9 kg for catching large fish in unfavorable conditions (cluttered bottom, excess algae);
- more than 20 pounds = 9 and more kilograms used when fishing trolling.
- Unwinding. The most popular and popular - for 150 meters. For spinning, the minimum length is 100 meters. There are unwinding at 123, 135, 200 and 250 meters.
- Type of cord. They differ in the way they join the fibers. They can be either woven, or soldered. Wicker softer, brazed in the process of exploitation quickly rush.
- Impact strength. The ability of a scaffold to withstand the maximum short-term loading when casting or powerful cutting at about the bite (the provocateur acts deaf hook) plays an important role in fishing. It will ensure the safety of tackle and bait.
- Density. Good density confirms the quality of the braid. If the fibers are stratified during twisting, this indicates a poor quality of the product.
- Memory. This indicator is uncritical in view of the fact that the memory of the braid is practically absent.
- Wear resistance. Wicker fishing line (reviews of anglers fully confirm this), made by the classic dense braiding of quality raw materials, with a smooth and slippery surface is the most durable.
The best braided line meets all the parameters set in it and has the following advantages in comparison with a monolex:
- increased strength;
- large breaking load;
- lower extensibility;
- high wear resistance;
- frost resistance.
The multifilamentary structure of the braid has its drawbacks:
- low camouflage ability repels cautious fish;
- not suitable for light baits, too high resistance for long casts;
- clogging the braid with solids accelerates the wear of the spinning or rod passes;
- increased risk of knot formation and "beards";
- high price.
The feeder referred to as the English fishing tackle. A peculiar method of fishing in which the fisherman can cast almost any bait at a decent distance. Need a good reliable rod and tackle, often braided fishing line. For feeder is very important and its sensitivity at the time of the bite.
Manufacturers offer a large selection of feeder wicker lines. They differ in thickness, method of production, color. When choosing, consider:
- smoothness of the surface (provides a casting range and reduces water resistance in the flow);
- water intake (it can not absorb at all, it is necessary to choose with minimal indicators);
- density (ensures the absence of "mahrism");
- large unwinding (good if length - up to 150 meters);
- the ability to quickly sink.
Braided fishing line for spinning is prized by many anglers. Only the spinning, or rather, its spare parts, choke ring and coil need more care. The rough cord in addition to fish gathers all possible debris and dirt in the pond that reflects poorly on the state of the gear.
Knots for braided fishing line. What's good for the monofilament line, not always suitable for braided. It will require special methods of connection. Take into account the form of fibers and the way they weave. Usually on the package the best site to nastie. But the most famous and popular "Palomar" and "uni" there are other ways of attachment:
- "Yuni", or "griner". It is convenient for tying hooks with small ears. A double line simply does not pass through such a hole. The famous American company Power Pro recommends its customers this particular node.
- "Palomar". A quick and easy knot, used for hooks, swivels, carbines. Universal, suitable for conventional fishing line. Such fastening is used to tie an artificial bait when fishing with spinning.
- "Clinch". A simple knot, very reliable. For braids is considered one of the best options.
- "Bloody". A node with such a terrible name allows you to quickly and very securely fasten together the sections of braids. This way you can tie and cords. The difference in thickness in 1,5-2 times does not affect loose. This way you can connect the network with the leash of the monofil.
- Double sliding. It features increased reliability and strength. Suitable for almost all types of gear. With its help, you can connect two different in size (even five times) a piece of fishing line or braids.
For all types of binding attachment is their wetting before final tightening. Knots for braided fishing line you need to choose depending on the shape of the fibers. Section they may be flat or round. When tightening the knot flat fibers are twisted, it leads to creation of tension and loss of strength. A wrong site can ruin a fishing trip.
A braided line is not cheap, so when buying you need to observe a few simple rules:
- buy the product in a branded, checked shop;
- a thorough visual inspection will help to identify defects (weak weaving, poor-quality fiber);
- choose a braid of one manufacturer and one brand (already proven in practice).
A substandard or counterfeit wicker can and should be returned to the store within 14 days, to do this, keep a sales receipt.