Wedding dress "fish" - this dress is one of the most seductive and emphasizing the shape of the figure. It is perfect for brides who are proud of their body and are not afraid to emphasize it. What are his features, how to choose a wedding dress "fish"? All this you will learn later in the article.
Charming and fitted wedding dress
Style "fish" is also called "mermaid". This is explained by the fact that it fits tightly the figure of a woman over the chest, waist and hips, and in the area of the knees goes into a skirt that resembles a fin.
Wedding dress "fish" is popular because of the significant advantages that it can offer brides:
- Since it fits the top of the figure tightly, it allows you to form a beautiful silhouette, similar to an hourglass. Drapery or jewelry in the chest area can add volume to it, and corset lacing will make the waist thinner.
- The mermaid silhouette dress fits well with a long veil and massive jewelry, without leaving the impression of an overloaded image.
- And finally, many people like the fact that this style, although fitting, but still has a fluffy skirt.
For different types of shapes
- For small girls who want to lengthen the silhouette of a perfect wedding dress "fish" with a train. Photo of one of the interesting options:
- High waist and skinny fit also visually add to your height.
- Lace wedding dress “lace” is simply created for girls with an hourglass figure. Like no other, this style will present you in the best light.
- If you are a girl with forms, this does not mean that the mermaid dress will not suit you. On the contrary, it will perfectly emphasize your bends. No wonder that Kim Kardashian chose a wedding dress “fish” with a train. A photo of a beautiful star on her wedding day:
- Girls with large bust should avoid high waist and an abundance of decorative elements in this area. And if, on the contrary, you want to give the volume of the breast, then use these techniques.
- A small tummy will hide the drape at the waist.
- If you are tall, then a smart, fitting wedding dress “fish” with a train and with an elegant “necklace” of lace will only emphasize your graceful silhouette.
For girls with a clearly defined type of “apple” shape, it is better to give preference to another style, since the “fish” will incorrectly place accents and make the figure disproportionate.
Design features of the dress
As you can see, in different models, the skirt starts from the middle of the thigh, then above the knee. This parameter plays a very important role in how the dress will look on the girl.
For example, if you want to give the silhouette an hourglass shape and add curves to the figure, then the skirt should start just below the buttocks. This cut will also hide full hips.
If you want the dress to be as tight as possible, the skirt should go from the middle of the thigh or even lower.
And if you like the classic “mermaid” silhouette, then the dress should extend from the knees. Keep in mind that even though you will look breathtakingly, it will not be easy to move around.
This is also an important factor. A small, modest skirt looks elegant, but with it the dress is not much different from the A-shaped silhouette. While the lush tiered bottom can look unbalanced without a long, heavy veil, complicated hairstyle or makeup.
Keep in mind that the volume of the skirt can be achieved in two different ways:
- with the help of a large number of layers of tulle;
- with the help of a special petticoat, which comes from the waist like a regular skirt, and at the right height expands due to the sewn wire rings.
The fabric from which the fin is made also matters. In small skirts this is usually the same material as the main part of the dress. Since the silhouette looks solid and neat, it visually pulls the figure. This wedding dress “fish” can be successfully supplemented with a belt richly decorated with embroidery or rhinestones to further emphasize the waist.
Fluffy skirts, as a rule, are made of tulle or richly draped satin. They contrast with the top of the dress and give it a resemblance to a pack of ballerina or traditional wedding dresses silhouette "princess". Since the line of change of fabric is quite bright, it is often decorated with rhinestones or beads.
In some models, the upper layer of fabric on a full skirt is slightly raised above the bottom layers of tulle. Therefore, you can use the fabric to match the main color of the wedding. This contrast will highlight the personality of your dress.
Wedding dress "fish" with a train
Lacy work of art - many girls dream of such a dress.
Luxurious dress with a train looks like a king. And at the same time, it gives the bold silhouette of a “mermaid” a little more than traditionalism and makes it more close to the classics.
The length of the plume can vary - from a slight expansion of the skirt to a plume of several meters in length.
Many brides prefer to pin up the train after painting and photo shoots, and since the fish dress already has a skirt, it can be successfully disguised as another layer of it.
This is another important aspect on which the entire appearance of the bride depends.
You can find fish dresses with different design options for the neckline and top of the dress: with sleeves and without, with a heart or V-neck, abundant embroidery and lace, or with a minimum of jewelry.
But the most important thing is that the dress tightly fits the figure. If the fabric frowns or does not fit, all the attractiveness of the cut will be lost. For the same reason, mermaid dresses often do not have sleeves - this saves the effort of fitting the dress. But be prepared for the fact that the dress purchased at the store will have to be carried in the studio, so that it exactly matches your parameters.
Do not make a mistake and do not buy a dress a size smaller. In it, you not only can not walk normally, but even sit down.
- Try on different colors of wedding dresses. For girls with a warm skin tone, a shade of ivory or champagne may be better suited.
- If you sew a dress to order, then contact a tailor for taking measurements, otherwise the result may be damaged. Do not try to do it yourself. And also choose masters with a good reputation and portfolio. Only a good seamstress can make a beautiful dress on the figure without loss of comfort.
- The selection of lingerie with a mermaid style becomes especially important. In order for extra lines to not stand out, it must be seamless. If you want to slightly tighten the tummy and buttocks, then you should think about buying corrective underwear, always extended, so that the boundaries where it ends are not noticeable.
- When you try on a dress, be sure to move to make sure that it is comfortable enough. After all, you have to walk and dance in it all day.