Batch switches are devices intended for connecting electrical contacts, switching them on and off in household low-voltage lines. Rated operating voltage of AC up to 380 V. permanent - up to 220 V, operating frequency 50, 60 and up to 400 Hz. The device does not belong to high-performance protective devices, but due to its simplicity and affordability it is in great demand among consumers.
Scope of application
Batch switch can be found:
- In electric boards, consoles working with low-voltage direct and alternating current.
- In household electrical networks, in switching devices with manual drive for infrequent use.
- For connecting / disconnecting motors or separate devices, the operation of which must be monitored separately by the output of the equipment, including alarms.
Batch switches can have several working poles (up to 4 pieces). Depending on their number includes the appropriate number of switching packages that have contacts moving and stationary.
The contacts in motion are fixed on the insulated movable rotary pin (one turn is made by 90 °).
Stationary contacts have the form of knives and are installed in plastic washers.
The pvc switch is similar in appearance to a small barrel with pins and a handle.
Mobile and fixed contacts have fibrous washers. The design includes springs, which allow you to commutate with the same speed, regardless of the speed of rotation of the handle.
The body is a set of parts, including washers, pins and other small components.
The principle of operation is simple. When the handle is turned to the desired position, the spring is pulled, and under pressure, the spring washer turns to the stop-on state. The lid has locks that stabilize the position of the washer. When the washer is pivoted, the contacts connected to it are activated, which leads to the arrival of electricity in the network.
A special feature of the design is the uninsulated terminals, which are live when the device is connected to the network. Before carrying out work to prevent an accident, the circuit-breakers must be disconnected from the mains.
Batch switches have fixed contacts that are offset relative to each other, allowing convenient connection to them. The terminals are located in different parts of the housing, so that the incoming incoming cables are located on one side of the tightening pins, and in the opposite - the wires coming from the consumers. Switching on / off occurs when the handle position is changed by 90 °.
The switch package 3 16А: work and design features
Standard designation of batch switches (cam type in the form of a keg) MF 3 16 A - "MF-X -UUU NN xxxx xxxx", in which:
- PV - the packet switch;
- X is the number of poles. 3 - three-pole switch;
- UUU - the size of the rated current. 16-16 A;
- NN - climatic performance according to GOST 15150;
- xxxx - the level of protection of the material used to make the case.
If there is no sign IP00: car. IP30 - carbolite case; пл56-IP56 - the shockproof plastic is incombustible; force56-IP56 - silumin material.
xxxx - installation method:
- It is fixed by the front bracket, the panel thickness is 4mm.
- Fastening bracket front, installation behind the panel with a thickness of 25 mm.
- Enclosure for the rear bracket.
- In the absence of designations - the installation is carried out directly behind the shell of the device.
Depending on the version, the device has various overall dimensions and weight.
Advantages and disadvantages
The design of PV has a low wear resistance and is not intended for frequent use. The estimated number of cycles is up to 10000.
The batch switch has a number of advantages:
- Compactness in comparison with powerful and large-sized knife switches.
- When the power supply is interrupted, the circuit is simultaneously torn in two places.
- The contact is broken and the arc is extinguished almost instantaneously due to the spring mechanism.
- The presence of fibrous spark-out washers in the construction between movable contacts. The gas released from the fiber, when heated, extinguishes the arc, moving through the slots of the package of the apparatus.
The dimensions of the circuit-breaker allow the installation to be carried out in any dimensioned switchboard. Despite the obsolete design, reliability and quick response, the device is still popular and in demand.