For those girls who are not yet ready for cardinal changes in appearance, but at the same time they want to add some zest to their image, it is ideal for ombre on hair. This modern staining technique replaced the fashionable once-melting, and today bi-tonal staining is preferred by many Hollywood stars. About what features ombre has on medium hair for brunettes, what are the advantages and disadvantages of this staining technique, we will tell in our article. Here we will offer step-by-step instructions on how to perform an ombre at home.
Ombre on medium hair: photo, features
Techniques ombre can be described as the creation of the effect of burnt hair or overgrown roots. Once it was considered a sign of bad taste, and today the two-tone method of coloring hair is preferred by the leading beauty salons. The classical version of ombre originally suggested painting the lower part of the locks from the middle to the tips in a lighter tone than the roots. However, over time, several varieties of this technique appeared.
Ideally, the two-tone coloration looks on long curls, although today it is successfully applied and the ombre to medium length hair, and even for a short haircut. The horizontal border between tones, which has been diligently blurred recently, can now be clearly marked. Only the popularity of this technique remains unchanged. Moreover, ombre today can be realized even at home.
Advantages and disadvantages of technology
Ombre on medium hair has undeniable advantages:
- due to the transition of colors, the hair visually looks longer and thicker;
- hair is less injured, they do not need to be tinted as often as monochrome;
- the ability to combine different colors and shades in one hairstyle;
- suitable for any original hair color.
With a smooth transition from one tone to another, the hairstyle looks neat and stylish.
But all the same, despite obvious advantages, ombre, on average hair put on, has some disadvantages:
- hair up to the shoulders is more difficult to paint than long, especially if the procedure is performed at home;
- for clarified and tinted ends, additional care is required, as with monochromatic staining, which makes it possible to prevent their drying out;
- the result may be slightly different from what you expected to get.
To avoid disappointment, try to conduct any experiments with sparing dyes, which, if desired, can be easily washed off.
The most successful ombre looks on wavy hair, on which the play of light and shadow is especially clearly traced.
Types of staining ombre
The ombre technique has several varieties:
- Classic ombre - a smooth transition from dark roots to light tips. This technique involves creating a difference in hair in three to four shades. A feature of the classical ombre on medium hair is the lack of a clear boundary between the shades of color. Especially good this kind of coloring looks on dark-blond, chestnut and red hair.
- The reverse ombre is a smooth transition from light roots to dark tips. This dyeing technique is suitable only for blondes, which with it can advantageously emphasize facial features and hide flaws.
- "Flame Languages" - this technique of dyeing ombre to medium hair got its name from the color of the tips of the hair, which are painted red and its shades.
- Color staining - this technique is similar to the one shown above, with the only difference being that the ends of the hair are painted in bright, neon shades, and not just in red.
- Multitonal staining involves the use of three or more shades for painting.
- Another option for staining ombre is degradation, or the creation of the effect of burnt hair, assuming a color difference of not more than two tones.
Ombre for dark hair of medium length: photo, especially staining
Most often, the ombre technique is used to color dark curls. This method of lightening strands is used including Hollywood stars, most of which are brunettes and brown-haired women.
This method of ombre (for dark hair of medium length) has the following features:
- Clarity is made in two or three tones, not more.
- The technique is performed in two stages, including discoloration and toning of the curls.
- For burning brunettes, the caramel color of the curls ideally suits the shape of the face and hides the shortcomings.
- Ombre hair of medium length (see photo in the article) can be applied with a smooth transition of color and with a sharper, clearly expressed.
- Effectively on dark hair, the color ombre is looked, as well as the "tongues of flame" performed in the technique.
Ombre on light brown hair
Ideally, the ombre is suitable for the brown-haired girls. Clarifying the ends in a light wheaten color looks natural, makes the image more vivid, and the face - radiant. For this coloring is suitable, and the haircut is a cascade, and curly ringlets that look playfully and interestingly.
But the colored ombre for the brown-haired is rarely used, as it does not give the proper effect.
Imitation of burnt hair
Fashion for natural and natural shades did not pass by the hairdresser's art. The effect of sunburned hair is just at the height of the popularity of Hollywood divas. In fact, it is not necessary to languish on the beach to achieve this effect. Professionals will help you perform the ombre in this technique in just a couple of hours.
To achieve the most natural, natural shade, the ends of the hair lighten up no more than two tones. Otherwise, the transition between shades does not turn out smooth and natural.
Coloring ombre for blondes
Girls with platinum hair color can diversify their image with the help of a reverse or colored ombre. In the first case, the ends of the hair are dyed 3-4 times darker than the roots. At the second variant the ends are painted by bright neon shades. If you are not ready to radically change your image of a blonde, use less durable dyes when painting, which are easily washed off after a short time.
Reverse staining also works well for girls with a trapezoid shape and broad cheekbones. Due to the fact that the roots will be lighter than the ends of the hair, the face will look more narrow and proportionate.
Home-made ombre technology
Coloring ombre for dark hair occurs in two stages:
- Clarity. Hair is divided into 4 parts. Prepare the clarifier according to the instructions, combining the powder and oxidizer for this in an equal proportion. Starting from the middle of the length of the hair, they are applied a prepared clarifying agent. To withstand the clarifier on the locks indicated on the packaging time, after which the product should be washed off with warm water.
- Toning. Dry the clarified hair, divide them into strands, and then, using foil, it is necessary to apply a toning agent on the locks from ear to ear. Similarly, paint is applied to the front strands, starting from the level of the temple from one side and the other. This is how the ombre is performed on medium dark hair, the photo of which is presented below.
After applying the tonic, hair is recommended to be rinsed under running water using hair balm. Shampoo should be used as rarely as possible, no more than three times a week, as frequent washing of the head can not withstand even the most persistent dyes.
Do not clearly adhere to the intended line. If you move away from it by a couple of centimeters above or below, the coloring will look more natural and interesting.
Recommendations for home staining of ombre
Professionals advise to carry out homemade ombre staining only in exceptional cases, since it will be quite difficult to achieve a good tone and a smooth transition between the strands. For those who categorically refuse to go to the hairdresser, the experts prepared the following tips:
- tone for coloring ombre on medium hair to choose as close to its natural shade;
- staining dark strands in a light color at home is easier, but if you are going to make darker blond curls, it is advisable to turn to professionals;
- the ombre looks more attractive on a "cascade" type of haircut or on curly locks.