For those girls who are not yet ready for cardinal changes in appearance, but at the same time want to add some zest to their image, the ombre on the hair will be perfect. This modern technique of coloring has replaced the fashionable once-highlighting, and today many Hollywood stars prefer double-tone coloring. About what features ombre has on average hair for brunettes, what are the advantages and disadvantages of this dyeing technique, we will tell in our article. Here we will offer step-by-step instructions on how to perform an ombra at home.
Ombre for medium hair: photos, features
The ombre technique can be described as creating the effect of burnt hair or regrown roots. Once it was considered a sign of bad taste, and today the leading beauty salons prefer a two-tone way of dyeing hair. The classic version of the ombre originally suggested staining the lower part of the curls from the middle to the tips in a lighter tone than the roots. However, over time, several varieties of this technique appeared.
Ideal two-tone dyeing looks on long curls, although today it is successfully applied and ombre on hair of medium length, and even a short haircut. The horizontal border between tones, which has recently diligently eroded, can now be clearly marked. Only the popularity of this technique remains unchanged. Moreover, the ombra today can be implemented even at home.
Advantages and disadvantages of technology
Ombre on medium hair has undeniable advantages:
- due to the transition of colors, hair visually looks longer and more voluminous;
- hair less injured, they do not need to tint as often as solid;
- the ability to combine different colors and shades in one hairstyle;
- suitable for any source hair color.
With a smooth transition from one tone to another hairstyle looks neat and stylish.
But still, despite the obvious advantages, ombra, applied to medium hair, has some drawbacks:
- shoulder-length hair is more difficult to dye than long, especially if the procedure is performed at home;
- for brightened and tinted ends, additional care is required, as in the case of monochromatic dyeing, which allows to prevent them from drying out;
- the result may differ slightly from the one you expected.
To avoid disappointment, try to carry out any experiments with gentle dyes, which, if desired, can be easily washed off.
The most successful ombre looks on wavy hair, which is particularly clearly seen the play of light and shadow.
Ombre staining types
The ombre technique has several varieties:
- The classic ombre is a smooth transition from dark roots to bright ends. This technique involves creating a difference on the hair in three or four shades. A feature of the classic ombre on medium hair is the lack of a clear boundary between shades of color. Especially good this kind of coloring looks on dark blond, chestnut and red hair.
- The reverse ombre is a smooth transition from light roots to dark tips. This coloring technique is suitable only for blondes, who with the help of it can favorably emphasize facial features and hide flaws.
- “Flames” - this technique of dyeing ombra on medium hair got its name after the color of the hair tips, which are dyed red and its shades.
- Color dyeing - this technique is similar to the one presented above, with the only difference that the ends of the hair are dyed in bright, neon shades, and not just red.
- Multitonal coloring involves the use of three or more shades for painting.
- Another option for coloring ombra is degradation, or the creation of the effect of burnt hair, suggesting a difference in color of no more than two tones.
Ombre for dark hair of medium length: photos, features of dyeing
Most often, the ombre technique is used specifically for dyeing dark curls. This method of lightening strands is used, including Hollywood stars, most of whom are brunettes and brown-haired women.
This way to ombra (on dark hair of medium length) has the following features:
- Lightening is done in two or three tones, not more.
- The technique is performed in two stages, including bleaching and toning curls.
- For hot brunettes, the caramel color of curls is ideal, which favorably emphasizes the shape of the face and hides the flaws.
- Ombre on the hair of medium length (see photo in the article) can be applied with a smooth color transition and with a sharper, well-defined.
- The dark-colored ombre looks impressive on dark hair, as well as made in the technique of “flames”.
Ombre on light brown hair
Ideal ombre suitable for fair-haired girls. Brightening the ends in a light wheat color looks natural, makes the image more vivid, and the face - radiant. For such staining and suitable haircut cascade, and curly locks, which look playful and interesting.
But the color ombre for brown-haired women is rarely used, because it does not give the desired effect.
Imitation of burnt hair
The fashion for natural and natural shades did not pass by hairdressing. The effect of sun-bleached hair is at the peak of popularity with Hollywood divas. In fact, not necessarily to languish on the beach to achieve this effect. Professionals will help you to perform an ombre in this technique in just a couple of hours.
To achieve the most natural, natural shade, the ends of the hair are lightened by no more than two shades. Otherwise, the transition between shades will not work smooth and natural.
Ombre coloring for blondes
Girls with platinum hair color can diversify their image with the help of reverse or colored ombre. In the first case, the ends of the hair are colored 3-4 tones darker than the roots. In the second variant, the ends are colored with bright neon hues. If you are not ready to drastically change your image of a blonde, use less resistant dyes for dyeing that can be easily washed off after a short time.
Reverse staining is also well suited for girls with a trapezoidal face shape and wide cheekbones. Due to the fact that the roots will be lighter than the ends of the hair, the visually face will look narrower and more proportional.
Ombre technique at home
Ombre dyeing for dark hair occurs in two stages:
- Lightening. Hair is divided into 4 parts. Prepare the clarifier according to the instructions, combining for this powder and oxidizer in equal proportions. Starting from the middle of the length of the hair, they apply a prepared brightening agent. Soak brightener on the curls indicated on the package time, after which the product should be washed off with warm water.
- Toning. Dry bleached hair, divide them into strands, and then, using foil, it is necessary to apply a tinting agent to the curls from ear to ear. Similarly, the paint is applied to the front strands, starting from the level of the temple on the one and the other. This is how ombre is performed on medium dark hair, the photo of which is presented below.
After applying the tinting agent, it is recommended to rinse the hair under running water using a hair balm. Shampoo should be applied as rarely as possible, no more than three times a week, as frequent washing of the head can not stand even the most resistant dyes.
Do not clearly stick to the intended line. If you move a couple of centimeters higher or lower from it, the coloring will look more natural and interesting.
Recommendations for home coloring ombre
Professionals are advised to carry out home dye ombre only in exceptional cases, since to achieve a good tone and a smooth transition between the strands alone will be quite difficult. For those who categorically refuse to contact a hairdresser, experts have prepared the following tips:
- the tone for coloring ombra on medium hair should be selected as close as possible to its natural shade;
- dyeing dark strands in a light color at home is easier to do, but if you are going to darken light curls, it is advisable to turn to professionals;
- ombre looks more profitable on a haircut type "cascade" or curly curls.