Strict presentation of their thoughts in the chosen style, without rejection of jargon and newspaper stamps - is a sign of professionalism. The scientific style does not tolerate inappropriate information, excessive use of opening words and colorful epithets.
What is a scientific article?
In the first case, the term "primary scientific article" is used for designation, in the second case, "secondary", respectively.
Classification of scientific articles
There is an unofficial separation of publications directly related to science. They are classified according to the principle of what the article was based on.
There are the following types:
- scientific-theoretical article;
- scientific and practical article (also called empirical, from the Greek "experience");
The first two items refer to primary scientific articles. These species differ among themselves in the fact that in the first case a theoretical study was carried out, and in the second case a full-fledged scientific experience enabling one to obtain a verification of the data in practice.
A reviewing scientific article is a secondary publication that draws conclusions from those already available.
Features and Signs
How to write a scientific article?
For successful writing it is necessary to observe all stages of preparation and implementation of this process. Some of them are conditional, but, nevertheless, are important. The publication of scientific articles takes place according to special rules, and therefore it is necessary to make sure that no mistakes were made.
So, first of all it follows:
How to write in a scientific style?
In general, the structure of what is a scientific article was shown. An example of the correct and incorrect use of the scientific style is discussed below.
- Write in an impersonal form.
- Keep a clear structure of the text.
- Separate text into logical blocks.
- Use everyday examples and comparisons.
- Conduct a conversation with the reader.
- Use in the article jargon.
The scientific style is the integrity and coherence of the narrative. He does not tolerate ambiguities and semantic incompleteness.
Requirements for the design of scientific articles
However, design involves a much more well-established mechanism of boundaries, the requirements for it are stated in as much detail and as clear as possible:
Variety of scientific texts
A separate classification exists not only for the concept of "scientific article", but also for scientific texts in principle (this fact was mentioned briefly at the very beginning).
So, there are only three types:
- scientific text;
- scientific and educational;
- popular science.
The first type
In its pure form, a scientific article. An example is an academic publication. These include scientific articles on economics, and scientific articles on the law - they often become very relevant at certain moments.
The second type
Closely connected with the students. The first tests of the pen of future specialists in the scientific field are for young students (usually the second or fourth year of higher education) when writing scientific articles, but the same type includes coursework, bachelor's and master's work. Institutes, academies, universities for the first time introduce the students to such a publication as a scientific article. The formation of this level is not only specialized, but also general academic.
The third type
For him, the slogan "to introduce science into the social masses" is relevant. He has a very noble goal - to popularize science as a phenomenon. Popular science articles do not have strict rules for writing. The terms used in such texts are explained in detail by a simple, "human" language. However, even the publication of scientific articles of this type is regulated by its normative documents. In addition, their own requirements can also be presented by the magazines in which these works will be printed.
In short, we can summarize that the popular science articles are the connection of the scientific world with the unscientific.
Reviewing of scientific articles
A review of a scientific article is written by members of the editorial board. In their own right, and edit the text at their discretion: correct or reduce.
A scientific article is published in case of a positive review.
Otherwise, there is a possibility of refinement. It is based on the recommendations of the reviewer.
The review of a scientific article must contain:
2. General characteristics of the subject matter of the article.
3. Correspondence of its (problems) to the chosen topic / section of the magazine, in which the article will be published.
4. The relevance of the written scientific text.
5. Characteristics and assessment of content, analysis of a scientific article:
- the correspondence of the text to the title;
- whether there is a novelty;
- advantages and disadvantages, which corrections need to be made (if there are any comments).
6. Characteristics and evaluation of design.
Scientific article: example
It is proposed to consider a sample of writing a scientific article.
Texting (as one of the options):
"UDC 004.94 + 535.36
Full title of the article (in capital letters)
(c) (year of writing / publication)
Place of work with the city and country (usually some kind of research institute)
Date of admission to the editorial office
Keywords: enumeration, separated by commas
Title of the article in English
Abstract and key words in the English translation "
An example of a scientific style (a part of the course in programming):
The program is designed to translate words from English into Russian.
2.1 Description of the program and data algorithm
Input information for this program are:
- variables are lists of strings that are responsible for storing information of the files, – t, t1, t2, w (translation for one word, two words entered and a list of English words respectively)
- string variable s0, containing the entered information from the user;
- string variables tr, tr1 and tr2, by means of which the translation of two entered words. tr1 and tr2 contains the intermediate translation tr – generalized
- intermediate string variables s1, s2, who received information during the program when splitting s0 into two words
- intermediate string variables c and d for the introduction of the word and its translation when adding information to files
- counter k - increasing when dividing a string into two;
- pos is an integer variable for counting characters in a string.
The output information for this program is:
- translation of entered words;
- possible messages about the absence of words in the database;
- a message about the successful addition of a word to the database;
- visualization of the application in a convenient form.
The program starts with entering the desired word (or two words). The information entered by the user is processed based on the condition whether there is a space in the resulting line. If available, the string s0 splits into two - s1 and s2; In addition, when the partition is increased, the counter is incremented.
Next, the program, depending on the value of the counter that goes two ways: if the counter is zero, then the input string is compared with each word from the list of known words stored in the variable w, while the word is displayed for the relevant translation. If no such word – a warning message is displayed.
If the counter is equal to one, the program also searches for entered words in the database and selects the translation for each of them, saving the found information in variables tr1 and tr2. After this information is consistent in one variable tr. Its value is also output in the output field.
When you enter a word and translate it into the fields for adding information to the database, the program starts processing it after clicking the "Add" button. The word in English is stored in the variable c, and in Russian - in d. This information is entered in the lists of the lines w and t and stored in files. A message appears on the screen indicating the successful addition of a new word. "
There are areas of science, publications on which are relevant at all times. Such, for example, are scientific articles on the economy. They are an excellent example of how such texts help to develop the chosen field of study.