Strict presentation of their thoughts in the chosen style, without deviating to slang and newspaper stamps - a sign of professionalism. Scientific style does not tolerate inappropriate information, excessive use of introductory words and colorful epithets.
What is a scientific article?
In the first case, the term “primary scientific article” is used for designation, in the second, respectively, “secondary”.
Classification of scientific articles
There is an unspoken division of publications directly related to science. They are classified according to the principle on which the writing of the article was based.
There are the following types:
- scientific theoretical article;
- scientific and practical article (also called empirical, from the Greek. "experience");
The first two points refer to primary scientific articles. Among themselves, these species differ in that in the first case a theoretical study was conducted, and in the second - a full-fledged scientific experience, which allows to obtain verification of information in practice.
A review article is a secondary publication that draws conclusions from existing ones.
Features and indications
How to write a scientific article?
For successful writing it is necessary to observe all stages of preparation and execution of this process. Some of them are conditional, but nonetheless important. The publication of scientific articles occurs according to special rules, and therefore it is necessary to make sure that not a single mistake has been made.
So, first of all it follows:
How to write in a scientific style?
In general, the structure of what is a scientific article was shown. An example of the correct and improper use of the scientific style is discussed below.
- Write in an impersonal form.
- Keep a clear text structure.
- Split text into logical blocks.
- Use everyday examples and comparisons.
- Talk to the reader.
- Use in the article jargon.
Scientific style is the integrity and coherence of the story. He does not tolerate ambiguities and semantic incompleteness.
Requirements for the design of scientific articles
However, the design implies a much more streamlined mechanism of boundaries, the requirements for it are set out as precisely and clearly as possible:
Variety of scientific texts
A separate classification exists not only for the concept of “scientific article”, but also for scientific texts in principle (this fact was mentioned briefly at the very beginning).
So, there are only three types:
- scientific text;
- scientific and educational;
- popular science.
Pure scientific article. An example is an academic publication. These include and scientific articles on economics, and scientific articles on the law - often they become very relevant at certain points.
Closely related to the student body. The first attempts at writing to future specialists in the scientific field are among young students (usually the second or fourth year of higher education) when writing scientific articles, but this includes both coursework, and bachelor's and master's theses. Institutes, academies, universities for the first time acquaint students with this type of publication, as a scientific article. Education of this level is not only specialized, but also general academic.
The slogan “to introduce science into the public masses” is relevant for him. He has a very noble goal - to popularize science as a phenomenon. Popular science articles do not have strict rules for writing. The terms used in such texts are explained in detail in simple, “human” language. However, even the publication of scientific articles of this type is governed by its regulatory documents. In addition, their requirements may be submitted and magazines, which will print these works.
Briefly, it can be summarized that popular science articles are the connection of the scientific world with the unscientific.
Review of scientific articles
A review of a scientific article is written by members of the editorial board. In their right to edit the text at their discretion: correct or shorten.
A scientific article is published in the case of a positive review.
Otherwise, there is the possibility of refinement. It is based on the recommendations of the reviewer.
A review of a scientific article must contain:
2. General characteristics of the article.
3. Conformity of her (problematic) to the chosen subject / section of the journal in which the article will be published.
4. The relevance of the written scientific text.
5. Characteristics and evaluation of content, analysis of a scientific article:
- match text to title;
- whether there is a novelty;
- merits and demerits that need to be corrected (if there are comments).
6. Characteristics and evaluation design.
Scientific article: an example
It is proposed to consider a sample of writing a scientific article.
The design of the text (as one of the options):
“UDC 004.94 + 535.36
Full title of the article (in capital letters)
(c) (year of writing / publication)
Work place with the city and the country (usually some research institutes)
Keywords: enumeration, separated by commas
Title of the article in English
Abstract and keywords in English translation ”
An example of a scientific style (a piece of course programming):
The developed program is designed to translate words from English to Russian.
2.1 Description of the program algorithm and data
The input information for this program are:
- variables are lists of strings that are responsible for storing information of the files, – t, t1, t2, w (translation for one word, two words entered and a list of English words respectively)
- string variable s0, containing the entered information from the user;
- string variables tr, tr1 and tr2, by means of which the translation of two entered words. tr1 and tr2 contains the intermediate translation tr – generalized
- intermediate string variables s1, s2, who received information during the program when splitting s0 into two words
- intermediate string variables c and d for the introduction of the word and its translation when adding information to files
- counter k - increasing when splitting a line into two;
- pos is an integer variable for counting characters in a string.
The output information for this program is:
- translation of the entered words;
- possible messages about the absence of words in the database;
- message about the successful addition of the word in the database;
- visualization of the application in a convenient form.
The work of the program begins with the input of the desired word (or two words). Information entered by the user is processed on the basis of the condition whether there is a space in the resulting string. If there is, the string s0 is split into two - s1 and s2; besides, when splitting the counter increases.
Next, the program, depending on the value of the counter that goes two ways: if the counter is zero, then the input string is compared with each word from the list of known words stored in the variable w, while the word is displayed for the relevant translation. If no such word – a warning message is displayed.
If the counter is equal to one, the program also searches for the entered words in the database and selects a translation for each of them, storing the found information in the variables tr1 and tr2. After this information is consistent in one variable tr. Its value is displayed in the output field.
When you enter a word and translate it into the fields for adding information to the database, the program starts processing them after clicking the "Add" button. The word in English is stored in the variable c, and in Russian - in d. This information is entered into lists of strings w and t and is saved to files. A message about the successful addition of a new word is displayed. ”
There are areas of science, publications on which are relevant at all times. Such, for example, are scientific articles on economics. They provide an excellent example of how such texts help develop a chosen field of study.