Meat with vegetables in a cauldron is a dish of Uzbek cuisine, which is very popular all over the world. There are many ways to prepare it, and in our article we describe the most interesting.
Dumlama. Meat with vegetables in a cauldron
If you want to learn how to cook a real Uzbek dish, then you should pay attention to the technology of its preparation and strictly follow the instructions. How to prepare potatoes with meat and vegetables in a cauldron?
- Prepare one and a half kilograms of beef (ribs, back or spatula). It will be better if you take meat on a bone with a small amount of fat. Cut it into small pieces.
- Heat a five-liter cauldron on fire, add oil to it, and then fry the beef until golden brown. To make the pieces not cooked, you can cook in pieces, and then re-connect them in a cauldron.
- 500 grams of white onion peel and cut into half rings. After that, lay it on the meat, cover the dish with a lid and simmer on the smallest fire for 20 minutes.
- Peel 700 grams of carrots, rinse them thoroughly, and then slice diagonally into rings. Put the prepared product in a cauldron and mix with the other ingredients.
- Season the dish with two teaspoons of jeera. At the same time add to the products three tomatoes, cut into half rings, and chopped bell pepper.
- Fill the dish with boiling water, place a capsicum and two or three heads of garlic whole (remove only outer husk), one of the quinces or firm apples. When the water boils, reduce the heat and cook dumlao another 40 minutes.
- While the Foundation is prepared, peel one or two kilos of potatoes. It is better to select medium-sized tubers to be able to cook them whole. Put the potatoes in the cauldron, and top cover it with leaves of fresh Basil. Please remember to add salt to the dish.
- Close the cauldron with a lid, move it to the smallest burner and reduce the heat to minimum. Cook the dish for half an hour.
When the specified time has passed, you can open the lid and get the garlic with hot pepper. Put the meat and sauce on the plates, add whole potatoes to them and serve the dish to the table.
Meat with vegetables in a cauldron on a fire
Uzbek kazan-kebab you can cook with your own hands at the cottage and please the guests with a delicious dish. To cook meat with vegetables in a cauldron, you need to do the following:
- Take three pounds of any meat, and cut it into pieces. Put it in a bowl and season with two large pinches of salt, two teaspoons of cumin and chilli to taste. Leave the meat to marinate for an hour or two.
- Prepare a round Uzbek cauldron for use on a special stand. Note that for cooking ordinary bowler on the crossbar will not work. Having built a hearth, warm the cauldron on the fire well.
- Put on the bottom of the cauldron pieces of bacon and a few peeled potatoes, which are necessary to absorb excess fat and give the meat to settle to the bottom. Around the tubers lay the slices of meat (they should literally stick to the walls).
- Reduce heat and cover products with an appropriately sized bowl. Cook the meat in the next 30-40 minutes.
- When the excess moisture evaporates, and the pieces begin to hiss, remove the bowl and mix the contents of the cauldron.
- Peel two large onions from the husk, cut them into rings, knead them with your hands and wash them in running water. Mix the prepared onion with a spoonful of lemon juice, hot peppers and chopped greens.
Put the ready kebab with the potatoes on a large dish, pour the sauce from the cauldron and garnish with pickled onions.
Here is another Uzbek recipe. Meat with vegetables, you can easily cook yourself, even if there is not much culinary experience. For this you need:
- To lay out the bottom of the cauldron lamb lard, and lay on top of two kilograms of meat, cut into pieces. It is better to take lamb marinated in olive oil and spices, but beef will do as well.
- Onions (as much as meat), peel and cut into rings. After that, put it in the cauldron and salt.
- Then you can put those vegetables that you have available. For example, whole potatoes, carrots, eggplant, peppers, zucchini and tomatoes. The order of layers does not matter. Note that the vegetables should be coarsely chopped so that they are not turned to mush.
- Season the dish with salt, spices, fresh herbs, basil leaves and hot pepper.
- Close the resulting construction of cabbage leaves and put the cauldron on the fire. Press down the contents with an airtight lid or bowl and set the load on top.
Barbecue in a cauldron
Put into practice one more traditional Uzbek recipe. Meat with vegetables can be prepared in such an interesting way:
- A kilogram of lamb cut into small pieces and salt.
- 300 grams of white onion peel and cut into rings. Then put it in a bowl and mix with cilantro or dill.
- Put in the cauldron alternately (in several layers) meat and onion mixture. Make sure that the products are laid no lower than the middle and no higher than two fingers.
- Add the penultimate layer with half a pod of hot pepper or ground hot pepper.
- Close the cauldron with a lid and place it on a small fire.
After three hours, the kebab will be ready, it can be served to the table with pickled onions.
- Peel and chop 150 grams of onions.
- 400 grams of fat tail cut into a cube.
- 400 grams of offal (lung, liver or heart) wash, chop and fry for 20 minutes.
- 600 grams of potatoes cut into small slices. And then put it on the meat, and season with salt and pepper. Pour the product with water (about 200 ml) and cook on low heat under the lid for another half hour.
When meat with vegetables in a cauldron is ready, you can immediately serve it to the table.
As you can see, all the recipes are quite simple. Meat with vegetables in a cauldron can cook each. Read our recipes and surprise loved ones with original dishes!