Meat with vegetables in a cauldron is a dish of Uzbek cuisine, which is very popular all over the world. There are many ways to prepare it, and in this article we will describe the most interesting.
Dumlyama. Meat with vegetables in kazan
If you want to learn how to cook a real Uzbek dish, then you should pay attention to the technology of its preparation and strictly follow the instructions. How is potatoes prepared with meat and vegetables in kazan?
- Prepare a half kilogram of beef (ribs, back or shoulder blade). It will be better if you take meat on a bone with a little fat. Cut it into small pieces.
- Heat the five-liter cossack on fire, add oil to it, and then fry the beef until golden brown. To pieces are not welded, you can cook in parts, and then reconnect them in the cauldron.
- 500 grams of white onion peel off the husks and cut into half rings. After this, lay it on the meat, cover the dishes with a lid and simmer in the smallest fire for 20 minutes.
- Peel 700 grams of carrots from the rind, thoroughly wash it, and then slice the rings obliquely. Prepared product put in the cauldron and mix with the rest of the ingredients.
- Season the dish with two teaspoons of zira. At the same time, add to the products three tomatoes, cut into half rings, and chopped Bulgarian peppers.
- Fill the dish with boiling water, place a capsicum and two or three heads of garlic whole (remove only outer husk), one of the quinces or firm apples. When the water boils, reduce the heat and cook dumlao another 40 minutes.
- While the Foundation is prepared, peel one or two kilos of potatoes. It is better to select medium-sized tubers to be able to cook them whole. Put the potatoes in the cauldron, and top cover it with leaves of fresh Basil. Please remember to add salt to the dish.
- Close the lid with a lid, move it to the smallest cooking zone and reduce the heat to a minimum. Cook the dish for an hour and a half.
When the specified time passes, you can open the lid and get the garlic with hot pepper. Lay the meat and sauce on the plates, add a whole potato to them and serve the dish to the table.
Meat with vegetables in a cauldron at the stake
Uzbek kazab-kebab you can cook with your own hands at the cottage and please the delicious dish of guests. To prepare meat with vegetables in a cauldron, you need to do the following:
- Take three pounds of any meat, and cut it into pieces. Put it in a bowl and season with two large pinches of salt, two teaspoons of cumin and chilli to taste. Leave the meat to marinate for an hour or two.
- Prepare for use round Uzbek kazan on a special stand. Please note that for cooking the dish, an ordinary bowler on the crossbar will not work. When you have built the hearth, warm the cauldron on fire.
- Put on the bottom of the cauldron pieces of bacon and a few peeled potatoes, which are necessary to absorb excess fat and give the meat to settle to the bottom. Around the tubers lay the slices of meat (they should literally stick to the walls).
- Reduce the heat and cover the products with a suitable bowl. Cook this way for the next 30-40 minutes.
- When the excess moisture evaporates, and the pieces start to hiss, remove the bowl and mix the contents of the cauldron.
- Peel two large bulbs from the husks, cut them with rings, pound them with hands and wash in running water. Stir the prepared onions with a spoonful of lemon juice, hot pepper and chopped greens.
Ready to put the kazab-kebab together with the potatoes on a large dish, pour the sauce from the cauldron and decorate the pickled onions.
There is one more Uzbek recipe before you. Meat with vegetables you can easily cook yourself, even if there is no great culinary experience. For this you need:
- Lining the bottom of the cauldron with mutton fat, and on top lay two kilograms of meat, cut into pieces. It is better to take mutton marinated in olive oil and spices, but beef is also suitable.
- Onions (as much as meat) are cleaned and cut into rings. After that, put it in a cauldron and salt it.
- Then you can put those vegetables that you have available. For example, whole potatoes, carrots, eggplant, peppers, zucchini and tomatoes. The order of layers does not matter. Note that the vegetables should be coarsely chopped so that they are not turned to mush.
- Season the dish with salt, spices, fresh herbs, basil leaves and hot pepper.
- Close the resulting construction with cabbage leaves and put the cauldron on the fire. Pressurize the contents with a sealed lid or bowl, and install the load on top.
Shish kebab in kazan
In practice, another traditional Uzbek recipe. Meat with vegetables can be prepared in such an interesting way:
- Kilogram of mutton, cut into small pieces and salt.
- 300 grams of white onion peel and cut into rings. After this, transfer it to a bowl and mix with cilantro or dill.
- Put the meat and onions mixture alternately (in several layers) into the kazan. Make sure that the products are laid not less than the middle and not higher than two fingers.
- The penultimate layer should be supplemented with half a pod of hot pepper or ground hot pepper.
- Close the lid tightly and put it on a small fire.
After three hours, the shish kebab will be ready, it can be served to a table with pickled onions.
- Peel and chop 150 grams of onions.
- 400 grams of fattened fat cut into a cube.
- 400 grams of offal (lung, liver or heart) wash, cut into strips and fry on fat for 20 minutes.
- 600 grams of potatoes cut into small slices. And then put it on the meat, and season with salt and pepper. Pour the product with water (about 200 ml) and cook on low heat under the lid for another half hour.
When the meat with vegetables in the cauldron is ready, you can immediately submit it to the table.
As you can see, all the recipes are simple enough. Meat with vegetables in a cauldron can cook everyone. Read our recipes and surprise loved ones with original dishes!