The maintenance of breastfeeding is very important for the health of the baby, so the mother should do everything possible to keep it and feed it as long as possible. Often there is such a question: "Is it possible to feed a child at a temperature?" This will be discussed.
The reasons why my mother can rise the temperature
Can I feed my baby at a temperature? The decision to refuse breastfeeding should be taken only after the mother finds out the causes of poor health.
- Because of stress and ovulation, a woman can raise a little temperature, which, of course, does not affect the course of the process of breastfeeding.
- Most often, the temperature rises when the mother becomes infected with ARI or ARVI. The true signs of these diseases are a runny nose, coughing and pain when swallowing.
- Often after childbirth can begin as inflammatory processes. They relate to post-Natal problems and are subject to compulsory treatment. If the woman in the first weeks after birth the temperature is stable, she will need to see a gynecologist, as it could rip your sutures, endometritis appear or worsen chronic diseases of the genital organs.
- Postpartum disease in which fever, is mastitis. It develops in the breast, and the reason for its appearance are microbes, most often it is Staphylococcus aureus. Symptoms of mastitis is a hardening of the breast, pain when feeding and pressure on the breast. Often appear on the nipple skin changes and cracks.
- The reason for raising the temperature can also be food poisoning.
How to correctly measure the temperature of women with HBV
Can I feed my baby with milk at a temperature? How to measure it correctly? The temperature of the mother immediately after feeding in the armpit can not be measured, since it will be slightly increased, on average to 37.3. This is due to the fact that milk is formed in the depths of tissues and has a temperature of 37 degrees. Also, the temperature can rise and because of contraction of the muscles of the inflows during feeding, therefore, while the baby is eating breast milk, it also does not make sense to measure it. It is best to wait half an hour, and then the thermometer will show the most accurate value.
Before measuring the temperature, the armpit should be carefully wiped. Even if there is a bit of sweat in it, the readings can be underestimated, since the liquid absorbs heat.
What should mom do at an elevated temperature
Can I feed my baby at a temperature? As soon as her mother discovers her increase, she should immediately call a doctor so that he can identify the actual cause of the disease and prescribe the appropriate treatment. With colds, this is a therapist, with postpartum inflammations - a gynecologist. At a high temperature and pain when urinating, they turn to the urologist. With the attending physician, it is necessary to consult about the continuation of breastfeeding.
To quickly cure a nursing mother, without harming the health of her child, you need to follow such advice:
- Take only those medicines that are allowed with HS and do not affect the taste and quality of milk. These include preparations containing ibuprofen and paracetamol.
- To the temperature does not affect the taste of milk, it is necessary to knock it down as soon as it has risen above 38 degrees. The most effective are the antipyretic candles, which have no side effects.
- If the disease is mild and the temperature does not rise above 38 degrees, it is possible to do without the drug, the main thing – to drink warm tea, compotes and keep the diet. If the cause of temperature rise – mastitis, the liquid needs to be used sparingly, otherwise you'll get chest pains due to the intense inflow of milk.
Can I feed my baby at a temperature?
The answer to this question primarily depends on the reasons why a nursing mother has a fever. If it is colds, which the doctor prescribed drugs have no negative consequences for the child, you can continue feeding. In the case of antibiotics need to be careful and be sure to consult with your doctor about their effects on the content of milk. Viral diseases are not an indication for termination of GW, as in the milk that baby receives contains a sufficient amount of antibodies that will help protect his immune system from disease.
Can I breastfeed at the temperature caused by the virus? Yes, but the main thing is that mother does not forget to wear a mask, changing her every three hours with constant contact with the child. If the cause of the temperature is mastitis, the feeding also continues, except in cases of the last stages of the development of the disease, when pus begins to separate from the chest.
Can I feed my baby if the temperature is above 38?
Is it possible to feed the child at a temperature of 38 degrees and above? Temperature rise above 38 becomes a reason for rejection of GW in those cases, if the doctor prescribes medicine that is not compatible with GW, or if in milk accumulates a lot of pathogenic viruses and bacteria. In this case, the mother is forced to temporarily put the baby on formula milk to prevent it diarrhoea or indigestion.
If the cause of fever are acute respiratory infections and ARVI, which are amenable to treatment with health-sparing drugs, it is necessary to continue the HS for the benefit of the baby so that he, together with valuable milk, receives antibodies produced in the mother's body.
If the temperature has risen above 38 degrees, it is necessary to knock it down, because the patient may begin to have convulsions. It is best to use antipyretic drugs based on paracetamol, aspirin is not allowed to be used with HS.
Can I feed my baby at a temperature of 37?
Based on medical research, doctors unequivocally state that a small temperature is not a reason to refuse breastfeeding, since if the break is delayed, it is possible that the baby will refuse to take the breast at all. ORVI or ARI of the mother - not a threat to the child, because during the disease in milk antibodies are formed, which she shares with the baby. Feeding is extremely important for the mother, since a break can complicate her condition, and in addition to colds, mastitis or lactostasis may appear.
If the temperature rises due to stress or ovulation, it is also not necessary to stop HS, since this condition of the mother will not affect the health of the child.
When high temperature should stop breastfeeding
Is it possible to feed a baby at a temperature? There are cases when feeding can harm a child and stop GW it is necessary:
- tuberculosis, the initial symptom of which is a slight increase in temperature;
- purulent mastitis;
- a severe form of infection that can only be cured with antibiotics and therapy that is not compatible with HBV.