The period of breastfeeding is a very important stage, during which the child is rapidly forming immunity. Mom at this time is very important to monitor what food she consumes, and adhere to a certain diet. However, do not forget that both the female and children's body need vitamins and other useful trace elements. Most of them are contained in fruits, and bananas are included in this list.
Banana is a very popular fruit. His flesh is actually very rich in all sorts of useful substances:
- Vitamins B6, B5, C, PP.
- Some mineral salts (manganese, potassium, magnesium).
- Vitamin D, A, K, B12.
- Organic acids, proteins, carbohydrates.
The benefits of bananas to nursing mothers
Banana breastfeeding is actually very useful:
- Thanks to the fact that the fruit is sweet, with its help a woman can regain her strength after a certain load.
- Starchy consistency has a positive effect on the work of the intestines and stomach.
- Eliminates stress and calms the nervous system.
- Normalizes the pressure.
- It removes toxins and other harmful substances from the body.
- Improves the condition of nails and hair.
Can bananas harm during lactation?
Can bananas be breastfed? In fact, opinions on this issue are sometimes divided. Despite the huge amount of vitamins in the fruit, in its use can be identified the following disadvantages:
- Sometimes bananas can cause allergies in children, but this is extremely rare and simply passes with age.
- If the mother has problems with the blood vessels, then it is not recommended to eat bananas because the blood thickens even more.
- The use of bananas in the evening time can lead to a woman gaining extra pounds, because in the fruit there is a sufficient amount of sugar.
- Some bananas can contain harmful substances, so it is very important to be able to choose the right fruit.
You can conclude that you can eat bananas with breastfeeding, but you need to do it carefully, and be able to choose the right fruit.
Bananas weaken or strengthen?
Than this fruit is good for newborns and nursing mothers, so this is because it has a low degree of allergenicity. Very rarely there are cases when you can be intolerant to the product. However, when we ask the question, whether it is possible to banana during breast-feeding of a newborn, one must also take into account the fact that they can either fix the chair or on the contrary to weaken.
If you and the child have regular bowel movement, then this should not be worried, because adding a banana to the diet will not affect the functioning of the intestine. Also there is a difference, what "ripeness" fruit you buy.
If you bought green, slightly unripe bananas, you need to know that they contain a lot of starch, so, most likely, the fruit will have a lenient effect.
The ripe the fruit, the more likely that the banana will be strengthened. This is due to the fact that as the maturation in it, the level of pectin increases. It is for this reason, when you think, whether you can eat a banana while breastfeeding a newborn baby, consider these facts.
Bananas for newborns
Especially carefully, a woman should monitor her nutrition in the first month of her life. Despite the possible consequences, doctors do not believe that bananas during breastfeeding in the first month of life are contraindicated. If a woman ate this fruit during pregnancy, and there was no allergic reaction, no problems with the stool, then you can safely continue to use them during lactation.
There is only one reservation. The number of goodies should be slightly limited. It is not recommended to eat more than one fruit during the day. Bananas during breastfeeding in the first month of life, the child can eat, but you need to gradually enter this food. First try to eat a small slice. It is advisable to do this in the morning in order to understand the reaction of the child's body. If negative consequences are not found, then you can safely after a few days to eat a whole banana.
The reaction of the newborn's body to bananas
Bloating, colic, the appearance of abdominal pains or a sharp change in stool after eating bananas is just a temporary failure of the newborn's body from the product. Allergic reactions to this fruit are extremely rare, so in a few weeks you can again try to eat a piece of banana and see how the child will react now.
In the event that the undesirable reaction to the product manifests itself in the first month of the child's life, it is better to postpone another "trial" for a month.
Experts say that any exotic fruit is not recommended to enter the diet during breastfeeding in the first month of life of the child. It is better to limit at this time a safer food that will promote lactation.
How to choose the right bananas?
If you decide to use a banana while breastfeeding, you need to be able to choose the right fruit to get the best possible product.
How to choose a banana, focusing on the skin:
- A mature, good banana is characterized by a yellow-golden skin. There are no brown and black dots on it. Such a fruit can be safely consumed immediately after you buy it. They have a high concentration of nutrients in the composition.
- If a banana has a skin of gray color, then this fruit will not bring any benefit to the body. In this case, they can not be called harmful. The rind becomes gray after severe hypothermia, or during the transportation of the product. Of course, many useful substances in this case are simply lost, so eating many bananas is not worth it, especially during lactation.
If you want to try a banana with breastfeeding, then carefully choose the fruit to acquire the most mature and useful product for you and your child.
Recipes with bananas
These fruits can be eaten not only in fresh form, but also prepare some dishes based on them. Decided to try a banana with breastfeeding? Use the recipes listed below to slightly diversify your diet and fill it with the maximum amount of vitamins.
- Take low-fat yogurt, chop the banana. Put it all in a blender and scroll well. It turns out a very tasty and healthy drink. Use it about 30 minutes before you feed the baby.
- You can prepare a salad. Take low-fat cottage cheese, the same number of apples and bananas. Everything is cut, mixed. Salad is preferably filled with sour cream. Such a composition not only contains many useful vitamins and minerals, but also improves lactation.
- Can bananas be breastfed? It is possible, only carefully. Alternatively, cook homemade cookies. Cottage cheese, flour and banana are mixed. The weight should be the same as for the syrnikov. Carefully spread out with a tablespoon of the mass on the baking tray and bake in the oven for no more than 20 minutes.
Now you know the answer to the question whether it is possible to eat bananas during breastfeeding. Track the child's reaction to the product after the first time you add the fruit to your diet. If there is no negative effect, then you can safely pamper yourself with delicious dishes with a banana every day.