The lactation period is a very important stage during which the baby is rapidly developing immunity. Mom at this time is very important to monitor what kind of food she consumes, and to follow a certain diet. However, we should not forget that both the female and the children's body need vitamins and other beneficial trace elements. Most of them are found in fruits, and bananas are included in this list.
Banana is a very popular fruit. Its flesh is actually very rich in all sorts of useful substances:
- Vitamins B6, B5, C, PP.
- Some mineral salts (manganese, potassium, magnesium).
- Vitamin D, A, K, B12.
- Organic acids, proteins, carbohydrates.
The benefits of bananas for nursing mothers
A breastfeeding banana is actually very helpful:
- Due to the fact that the fruit is sweet, with its help a woman can recover her strength after a certain load.
- The starchy consistency has a positive effect on the work of the intestines and stomach.
- Relieves stress and calms the nervous system.
- Normalizes pressure.
- Excretes toxins and other harmful substances.
- Improves the condition of nails and hair.
Can bananas cause harm during lactation?
Can bananas be breastfed? In fact, opinions on this issue are sometimes divided. Despite the huge amount of vitamins in the composition of the fruit, in its use can be distinguished the following disadvantages:
- Sometimes bananas can cause allergies in children, but this is extremely rare and just goes away with age.
- If the mother has problems with blood vessels, then she is not recommended to use bananas because the blood thickens even more.
- The use of bananas in the evening period of time can lead to the fact that a woman will gain extra pounds, because the fruit contains enough sugar.
- Some bananas can contain harmful substances, so it is very important to be able to choose the right fruit.
It can be concluded that you can eat bananas during breastfeeding, but this should be done carefully and be able to choose the right fruit.
Are bananas weak or strong?
What this fruit is good for newborns and lactating mothers is the fact that it has a low degree of allergenicity. Very rarely there are cases when you can be observed intolerance to the product. However, when we ask the question whether bananas can be breastfed for a newborn, we must also take into account the fact that they can either fix the chair or, on the contrary, weaken it.
If you and your child have a regular bowel movement, then you should not worry about it, because adding bananas to the diet will not affect the bowels. Also there is a difference, what kind of "ripeness" the fruit you buy.
If you have purchased green, slightly immature bananas, then you need to know that they contain a lot of starch, so, most likely, the fruit will have a laxative effect.
The riper the fruit, the higher the probability that a banana will strengthen. It is for this reason that in process of maturing it increases the level of pectin. For this reason, when you think if you can eat a banana while breastfeeding newborn, consider these facts.
Bananas for newborns
Especially carefully a woman should watch over her food in the first month of a child's life. Despite the possible consequences, doctors do not believe that bananas during breastfeeding in the first month of a baby’s life are contraindicated. If a woman ate this fruit during pregnancy, and there was no allergic reaction or problems with the stool, then you can safely continue to use them during lactation.
There is only one caveat. The number of delicacies should be slightly limited. Not recommended to eat more than one fruit during the day. Bananas when breastfeeding in the first month of a child’s life can be eaten, but this food should be introduced gradually. First try to eat a small piece. It is advisable to do this in the morning in order to understand the reaction of the child’s body. If no negative consequences are found, then you can safely eat a whole banana in a few days.
The reaction of the newborn to bananas
Bloating, colic, the appearance of pain in the abdomen or a sharp change in stool after eating bananas - this is only a temporary failure of the body of the newborn from the product. Allergic reactions to this fruit are extremely rare, so after a few weeks you can again try to eat a piece of banana and see how the child will react now.
In the event that an undesirable reaction to a product appears in the first month of a child’s life, then it is better to set aside another “sample” for a month.
Experts say that any exotic fruits are not recommended to be introduced into the diet when breastfeeding in the first month of a child’s life. It is better to restrict at this time a safer food that will promote lactation.
How to choose bananas?
If you decide to use a banana while breastfeeding, then you need to be able to choose the right fruit in order to purchase the best possible product.
How to choose a banana, focusing on the peel:
- Mature, good banana is characterized by a yellow-gold rind. Brown and black dots on it. This fruit can be safely eaten immediately after purchase. They have a high concentration of nutrients in the composition.
- If the banana peel is gray, there is no benefit to the body, this fruit will bring. This is not harmful to them and call. Skin becomes gray after freezing, or during transportation of the product. Of course, a lot of nutrients you just lost, so eat a lot of these bananas is not worth it, especially during lactation.
If you want to try a banana while breastfeeding, then carefully choose a fruit to get the most mature and useful product for you and your baby.
These fruits can be eaten not only fresh, but also to prepare some of the dishes based on them. I decided to try the banana while breastfeeding? Use the following recipes to add some fun to your diet and fill it with the maximum amount of vitamins.
- Take a low-fat yogurt, chop a banana. All this is put in a blender and scroll well. It turns out very tasty and healthy drink. Consume it about 30 minutes before you feed the baby.
- You can prepare a healthy salad. Does low-fat cottage cheese, the same number of apples and bananas. Everything is cut, is mixed. Salad preferably sour cream. This composition not only contains a lot of useful vitamins and minerals, but also improves lactation.
- Can bananas while breastfeeding? Can only cautiously. Alternatively, prepare homemade biscuits. Mix cheese, flour and banana. The mixture should be like for cheesecakes. Gently spread with a tablespoon of weight on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
Now you know the answer to the question of whether it is possible to eat bananas during breastfeeding. Track the child's reaction to the product after the first time add fruit to your diet. If there is no negative effect, then you can safely indulge yourself with delicious banana dishes every day.