How and in what dose the drug "Minirin"? Instructions for use of this drug is described in detail a little further. Also in the materials of this article you will find information about why you need the mentioned tool does it contraindications, adverse effects, analogs etc.
Packaging, composition, form
The drug "Minirin", the price of which is described below, is available in two different forms:
- spray for intranasal use
- white and biconvex tablets (for oral administration and resorption).
Both means represent antidiuretic, an analogue of vasopressin. The active substance of this drug is desmopressin acetate (desmopressin). The tablets come in a plastic jar and cell packs and a nasal spray in the tank with the dispenser.
The active substance drug is a structural analogue of the natural hormone as arginine-vasopressin. Desmopressin can be obtained through changes in the structure of the molecules of vasopressin and substitution of 8-L-arginine-8-D-arginine.
Compared with the vasopressin that the effects of the drug (in combination with enhanced antidiuretic capacity) leads to less pronounced effect on smooth muscles of internal organs and blood vessels. This leads to the absence of undesirable side reactions spastic nature.
Pharmacological action of the drug due to its composition. The medicine can increase the permeability of the epithelium of distal convoluted tubules to water and enhance its reabsorption.
The use of medication with diabetes insipidus leads to a decrease in plasma osmolality and blood volume of urine and the simultaneous increase in urine osmolality. Such an effect leads to a decrease in the frequency of urination and nocturnal polyuria.
Reception 0.1-0.2 mg of desmopressin is able to provide an antidiuretic effect for 9-12 hours.
The pharmacokinetic parameters
Is it possible to take the drug "Minirin" while eating? Experts say that such combination is undesirable. This is due to the fact that simultaneous intake of food significantly reduces the extent of absorption of drug from the gastrointestinal tract (approximately 40%). The maximum concentration of funds in plasma is reached after two hours. The bioavailability of desmopressin varies between 0.08 to 0.16 percent. The active ingredient does not penetrate through the GEB.
Excretion of the drug is excreted together with the urine (approximately 2-3 hours).
Indications for use
For what purposes can the patient be prescribed the medicine "Minirin"? This drug well treats the following diseases:
- central diabetes mellitus;
- nocturnal enuresis (primary) in children under 5 years of age
- polyuria (nocturnal) in adults (use for the symptomatic therapy).
Whether contraindications the drug "Minirin"? Instructions for use contains the following list of prohibitions:
- psychogenic or habitual polydipsia
- heart failure and other conditions that require the appointment of diuretic drugs
- renal insufficiency severe and moderate
- the presence of hyponatremia
- inadequate production of antidiuretic hormone
- hypersensitivity person to desmopressin or other components of the drug.
With caution considering the drug is administered to patients with renal failure, fibrosis of the bladder, disturbed water and electrolyte balance, high blood pressure (intracranial) as well as during pregnancy and before the age of 1 year.
It should also be noted that the drug "Minirin" (tablet) with the care given to patients in the elderly. This is due to the high risk of adverse effects (eg, fluid retention in the body, hyponatremia and other things).
If the decision on the use of this medication was taken, before his admission, and after 3 days after initiation of therapy and at each increase in dosage, be sure to determine the level of sodium in the blood and monitor the overall condition of the patient.
Medicine "Minirin": instructions for use
The drug must be taken only after meals. This is due to the fact that the food can easily affect the absorption of funds and its efficiency.
So what quantity should I take the medication "Minirin"? The dosage of this means is selected by the doctor individually.
In the presence of Central diabetes insipidus recommended dose for adults and children is 100 mcg three times a day. In the future, the amount of medication varies depending on the patient's response to treatment. As a rule, the daily dose varies between 0.2 and 1.2 mg. However, for most people the optimal maintenance dose is 100-200 micrograms three times a day.
How to treat enuresis? Minirin this illness administered in the amount of 200 mg (taken at night). If needs there is no effect, the dose can be increased twice. In the treatment of this deviation requires strict control over observance of limits of water intake in the evening. Continuing therapy is 90 days. The decision about a longer treatment takes only a physician based on clinical information that occur after discontinuation of medication for 1 week.
As with nocturnal polyuria should take the medication "Minirin"? Instruction manual States that adults with this diagnosis, the recommended dosage is 100 micrograms (taken at night). If you have no effect within 7 days, the amount of the drug is doubled, and subsequently four times (with a frequency no more than once per week). In the treatment of the mentioned diseases should be aware of the danger of water retention in the body.
If after 4 weeks of therapy, as well as a dose adjustment, the clinical effect is not observed, then the drug should not be continued.
Symptoms of overdose
Overdose before the drug leads to increase the time of drug action, as well as increasing the risk of hyponatremia and water retention in the body (including loss of consciousness, seizures, etc.).
As a treatment for hyponatremia receiving medication stopped, lifted the restrictions on water intake, conduct infusion of hypertonic or isotonic solution of sodium chloride.
The drug "Minirin" child and adult should be appointed only on the testimony. The most commonly manifested side effects have been observed in cases where therapy is conducted without restriction on water intake, resulting in its delay, as well as hyponatremia. Such action may be asymptomatic or manifest as headache, dizziness, seizures, nausea, vomiting, dry mouth, peripheral edema and increased body weight.
Before taking the drug "Minirin", analogues of this tool, you should definitely read the attached instructions. From it you will learn that:
- At the same time taking the drug with "Indomethacin" may increase, but not increase the duration of the action of the considered medication.
- With the simultaneous use of "Glibutida", "Lithium", "Tetracycline" "Norepinephrine" antiinuretic actions of "Minirin" are weakened.
- In a joint application of selective inhibitors of serotonin, tricyclic antidepressants, Carbamazepine, and "Chlorpromazine," which can cause inadequate secretion of antidiuretic hormone, enhance the antidiuretic effect of the drug under consideration, which leads to increased risk of water retention in the body and hyponatremia.
- The joint intake of "Desmopressina" enhances the action of hypertensive drugs.
- The combined use of "Minirin" with "Loperamide" can contribute to a threefold increase in levels of desmopressin in the blood, which increases the risk of water retention in the body and hyponatremia. By the way, other drugs that slow down peristalsis, can cause a similar result.
- While receiving the drug "Minirin" with "Dimethicone" may decrease absorption of desmopressin.
- Joint reception "Minirina" with NSAIDs increases the risk of adverse reactions.
Lactation and pregnancy
The results of taking the drug "Minirin" in women with diabetes insipidus indicate that there are no adverse effects on the course of pregnancy, as well as on the state of health of the woman herself, the fetus and the newborn baby.
It should be noted that the amount of desmopressin, which enters the body child with breast milk of the mother, much less the fact that they are able to influence diuresis.
What features of the drug should know that patients, before you use it on prescription?
- To avoid the development of side effects, it is necessary to restrict fluid intake (to a minimum) 1 hour before taking the pills and within 8 hours after (especially patients with primary nocturnal enuresis).
- The medication in question should not be taken if there are other reasons for water retention in the body or other electrolyte disorders.
- Clinical studies show that most often hyponatremia occurs in the elderly.
- In case of dysuria, acute urinary incontinence or nocturia, and urinary tract infection, the presence of decompensated diabetes, polydipsia, suspected tumor of the prostate or bladder diagnosis and therapy of these diseases should be performed before initiation of therapy before the drug.
- With the development of fever and gastroenteritis during treatment of systemic infections, medication should be discontinued.
There are many analogues of the considered tools. Typically, they are prescribed if the medication is not appropriate for the patient for one reason or another. Among the most effective and inexpensive generic medications include the following pharmaceutical preparations: "Adiuretinom", "Amount", "Adiuretinom SD", "Precinct", "APO-Desmopressin", "native", "Waterin", "Desmopressin acetate", "Desmopressin".
The cost of the drug in pharmacies
How much is the drug "Minirin"? The price of this medication is different, it may vary depending on the place of residence of the patient and type of the pharmacy network. The average cost of the considered tools is in the range 1500-1630 Russian rubles (60 mg, thirty tablets).
Reviews of doctors and patients
Patients taking or ever took medication in question, leave it mixed reviews. For the most part they are positive. With proper reception of the mentioned drug is quite effective in curing nocturnal enuresis in children, as well as nocturnal polyuria in adults. The drug also effectively treats Central diabetes insipidus.
However, many patients say that the medication often causes undesirable side reactions. Among the most common are the following: headaches, dizziness, seizures, nausea, vomiting, dry mouth, peripheral edema and weight gain. When observing such conditions, doctors recommend to stop taking the medication.
Not to mention the fact that a large number of negative comments about the drug "Minirin" due to its cost. Patients argue that the price of tablets 1600-1700 in Russian rubles is too high. However, experts say that this drug cost is justified. This is imported medicine, which copes with the task.
In that case, if you have no funds for its purchase, the drug can be replaced with cheaper alternatives. However, before their admission, be sure to consult with your doctor, as they may have other side effects, contraindications and methods of application.