Each system of human organs has its own specific diseases. In the female body, the reproductive system is vulnerable. Problems in this area are fraught with serious consequences for women. One of the common diseases can be called metroendometrit chronic.
We get acquainted with the concept of metroendometrita
This disease is characteristic only for the fair sex. The whole problem is that in some cases, as a result of the influence of many factors, an inflammatory process develops inside the uterus. At the same time not only the epithelial layer is captured, but also the muscular one.
Reasons for the occurrence of such disease mass. The most important thing is to recognize it and begin effective treatment. Only in this case, you can be sure that the chronic metroendometritis will not lead to complications.
The disease is quite serious for women who are just about to become mothers. The inflammatory process in the uterus leads to adhesions, which are a serious obstacle to the attachment of the fetus.
Causes of disease
The female body is designed in such a way that every month, under the influence of sex hormones, suitable conditions are created for fertilization and bearing the future baby. The fetus develops in the uterus, it is just the perfect place with the best conditions.
Implantation of the fetus occurs in the inner lining of the uterus. In a healthy body, it is absolutely sterile, has a supply of useful substances and is able to create all the conditions for the development of the fetus.
But, unfortunately, not always everything is so perfect. In the modern world, women often suffer from inflammatory diseases of the genital organs, which means there is a big risk of infection getting into the uterus. If a woman has lowered immunity or the treatment of inflammatory processes has not been carried out or has not been completed, then the infection easily settles on the inner mucous membrane of the uterus and feels fine there.
Many factors can provoke an inflammatory process, among them are:
- Surgical intervention.
- Complicated postpartum period.
- Difficult childbirth.
- Frequent douching.
- Examination of the uterus or fallopian tubes.
- Curettage of the uterus in cancer.
- Surgical procedures for diseases of the uterus.
Various infectious diseases can provoke chronic metroendometrit, primarily those that are sexually transmitted, for example:
- Intestinal or diphtheria bacillus.
- Mycobacterium tuberculosis.
All these reasons can not only give impetus to the onset of the development of an inflammatory disease, but also rather quickly contribute to the spread of infection in the uterine cavity.
It is worth noting: if the first time metterendometritis that has declared itself, is not effectively treated, then, most likely, it will turn into a chronic form and will periodically remind of itself.
Risk factors for developing the disease
In addition to these reasons, which can cause inflammation, there are also some risk factors. These include:
Modern drugs allow you to cope with inflammatory and infectious diseases, most importantly, that a woman should consult a doctor in time for appropriate help.
Symptoms of metroendometritis
Signs of manifestation of the disease may be different. If there is a chronic metroendometritis, the symptoms may be completely absent. The manifestation of the disease depends on the form and stage. Metroendometritis is characterized by an active phase, but there is also a period of remission.
Symptoms of chronic metroendometritis may not appear, especially if there are no symptoms of other inflammatory diseases of the uterus. During the period of exacerbation of metroendometritis, it is simply impossible not to notice this, as they appear:
- Lower abdominal pain.
- Pain during intercourse.
- Quite a painful menstruation.
During the examination, the gynecologist finds a seal and an increase in the size of the uterus. In the gynecological mirror, adhesions and ulcers on the mucous membrane are visible.
During remission, chronic metroendometritis manifests symptoms differently, but they must alert the woman and force him to see a doctor. These features include:
- Spotting from the uterus during the intermenstrual period.
- The monthly cycle is broken.
- Menstruation lasts a long time and is very painful.
- Purulent discharge.
- General weakness of the body.
- Periodic increase in body temperature.
Often women ask a gynecologist if it is possible to get pregnant after chronic metroendometritis. If a woman constantly undergoes a course of treatment, and the disease is in the inactive stage, then there is a chance to get pregnant. But it is worth knowing that during the carrying may have its own certain difficulties.
Diagnosis of the disease
Quite often, a woman visits a doctor if miscarriage occurs at the initial time, long-term problems with conception. If at the time of treatment there are no obvious symptoms of metroendometritis, then there is a need for various laboratory tests, among them are the following:
- Ultrasound. If there is a metroendometrit, then the following is found:
- The uterus is enlarged.
- The structure of the endometrium is changed.
- There are bubbles of gas.
- The walls of the uterus are asymmetric. Ultrasonography is carried out twice: the first time on 5-7 day, and the second - on 17-21 day of a monthly cycle.
2. Hysteroscopy is performed. Metroendometrit is manifested as:
- The thickness of the endometrium is heterogeneous.
- Polyps may appear.
- Partial redness.
- You can see the bleeding areas of the endometrium. The study is carried out at 7-10 days. But it gives only 15-30% of cases, the possibility of diagnosis. Often undetected abnormalities in the endometrium, so use other methods.
3. Histological. Allows with high accuracy to make the correct diagnosis. It should be done only on the 7-10 day, in any case not in the second half of the cycle. Plasma cells and lymphocytes, foci of fibrosis, sclerosis of artery walls indicate on metroendometrit.
4. Immunohistochemical diagnosis allows you to determine how sensitive endometrial receptors are to progesterone and estrogen. It is important to choose further treatment tactics.
5. Biochemical analysis of blood. In the presence of an inflammatory process, the content of leukocytes will be increased.
Before determining how to treat metroendometritis, it is necessary to conduct a full and thorough examination. Only then can we begin treatment.
To cope with any disease is not so easy. Chronic metroendometrit, the treatment of which is thorough and long, is not an exception. Therapy involves a comprehensive and phased approach. The treatment can be divided into the following steps:
- The first important treatment with antibacterial agents that help to neutralize the causative agent. Most often prescribe drugs from the group of sulfonamides, such as “Sulfadimetoksin”, “Sulfalen”, “Furadonin”. You have the ability to even intrauterine infusion of drugs, it will give the most effective and quick result. Also shown is the intake of Immunostimulants, which help the body cope with infection. The most popular are “Kagocel”, “Imudon”, “transfer factor”.
- The second stage of treatment includes:
- Drug metabolic therapy, it increases the supply of endometrium with oxygen and increases local immunity. Often used for these purposes “Actovegin”, “Solcoseryl”.
- Physiotherapy. Enhance blood circulation, promote the resorption of adhesions. Shown: electrophoresis, infrared laser therapy, ultrasound therapy.
- Spa treatment.
Quite often, the treatment of the disease is also carried out with the help of hormonal preparations in order to restore the damaged lining of the endometrium. It has long been known that the amount and production of estrogen in a woman’s body affects not only her appearance, mood, and general condition, but also her reproductive health.
If a diagnosis of chronic metroendometritis is made, prescribing natural estrogens can also alleviate the patient's condition.
Natural estrogens - helpers for the female body
Natural estrogens are not worse than synthetic, able to restore the lack of hormones in the female body. Products that they contain a lot, here is a small list:
But most of these substances are contained in beer. It is under their influence that men who abuse this drink quite often acquire a beer belly. It is worth noting that beer from this point of view is dangerous for the male body, it can even provoke infertility, as the content of female sex hormones increases.
We were a little distracted by the stronger sex, but, returning to the beer, I must say that it is made on the basis of hop. The modern capabilities of the pharmaceutical industry make it possible to extract useful phytoestrogens from hops and produce medicines based on them.
Acceptance of such drugs allows for a short period of time to restore hormones in the body. One such tool is Menomax.
In order for the chronic metroendometritic effects after itself not to leave the dire consequences, it is necessary to approach the treatment very seriously. The course of therapy must be completed completely, following all the recommendations of the doctor.
Chronic metroendometrit: treatment of folk remedies
Traditional medicine helps in the treatment of many diseases, its prescriptions can sometimes even be more effective than pharmaceutical drugs. When metroendometrit can recommend the following recipes:
- From equal parts of pharmaceutical chamomile and Potentilla goose to prepare a mixture, take 1 tbsp. l and brew a liter of boiling water. After infusion, you can douche this infusion.
- Take 1 tsp. crushed oak bark, 3 tsp. chamomile and nettle, 5 tsp. bird mountaineer. All mix and from 2 tablespoons and 1 liter of boiling water to prepare the broth. It can also be used for douching.
- Gives good results fee, which includes the leaves of rosemary, sage, yarrow, oak bark. 2 tablespoons of this collection pour a liter of boiling water and let stand. Infusion can be use for tampons in the vagina or douching. It has strong antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties.
If you ask folk healers how to treat chronic metroendometritis, then in response you can hear that taking the drugs inside is not less important, not just externally. You can recommend the following formulations:
- The decoction of Hypericum. To prepare it it is necessary to take a teaspoon of dry raw materials, pour a glass of boiling water and leave for 30 minutes in a water bath. Strain and take 50 ml three times a day.
- Due to its hemostatic, bactericidal and anti-inflammatory properties, plantain has been widely used in the treatment of metroendometritis. Teaspoon of leaves brew 200 ml of boiled water and take 1 tablespoon a day.
- Will help you to overcome chronic metroendometritis calendula tincture on alcohol. You can buy in the drugstore, but if you want easy to make yourself. For this we need 20 grams of flowers pour 100 ml of alcohol and insist 2 weeks. You have to take 10 drops 4 times a day.
If there is a chronic metroendometritis, treatment will be positive only if therapy is started in a timely manner and is carried out comprehensively. Traditional methods of treatment should be combined with drug therapy.
Metroendometrit and pregnancy
If you look at the statistics, in more than 15% of cases, the culprit of various pathologies during pregnancy is metroendometritis. If fertilization has occurred, and the endometrium is not capable of attaching a fertilized egg to itself, then one cannot even dream of further development.
Chronic metroendometrit and pregnancy are not well combined. Sometimes rejection occurs so quickly that a woman does not even have time to think that she could become pregnant. And all this is perceived as the next failure of fertilization, and the case, it turns out, is quite different.
If you ask doctor, is it possible to get pregnant in chronic metroendometritis, he will answer you positively, but I will warn that this pregnancy will be difficult enough in terms of preservation. The risk of interruption will be high enough. If you still managed to bring the pregnancy to end, then the diagnosis of “metroendometritis” caesarean section would be the most suitable option of delivery.
In order for the baby to be born healthy and the pregnancy is uneventful, the woman needs to treat all of her inflammatory diseases, especially the genital area.
Only after a thorough treatment of all diseases can we talk about pregnancy planning. You should not risk your health and the health of the future baby.
Complications of metroendometritis
If you treat treatment frivolously or neglect it altogether, then you can expect complications of the disease. The most serious is the spread of infection through the blood, lymph, fallopian tubes. This can lead to infection of the blood, that is, sepsis, and this is not a joke.
There may be less serious, but still complications:
- The transition of the disease to the chronic form, and this is a periodic renewal of symptoms throughout life.
- Congestion of pus in the uterus.
- Throwing out the infection from the uterus to the adjacent sex glands (oophoritis) and fallopian tubes. And the diagnosis “chronic metroendometritis” and “bilateral oophoritis” – is no joke. Especially for those women who want to become mothers.
- Pelvioperitonitis develops when pus penetrates into the pelvic cavity.
Complications may appear after poor-quality treatment in the form of:
- Violations of the monthly cycle.
- Constant aching pain in the lower abdomen.
This, of course, is not a complete list of the troubles that can cause a disease. Only proper treatment will ensure that all these complications do not threaten you.
If we say that chronic metroendometritis and pregnancy cannot coexist together, then for women's health it is desirable to prevent the development of the disease. To do this, it is important to exclude all factors that may lead to the development of the inflammatory process.
Here are some guidelines to help avoid metro endometritis:
- Timely treatment of all infectious diseases.
- Avoid abortions.
- Regular examination.
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Strengthening immunity.
If, nevertheless, the disease could not be avoided, but it is sluggish in nature, then not only the exacerbation of chronic metroendometritis should force a doctor to visit. It is necessary to conduct a regular course of treatment.
Women's health is quite vulnerable, but the health of the future generation depends on it. Moms should almost explain it to their daughters from the cradle. Only then can you be sure that your grandchildren will be healthy.