The mirror is our best friend and worst enemy, especially if we approach him in a bad mood. Girls and women, admit, how many times have you planned changes in your own appearance, looking at yourself in the mirror?
Interestingly, the fair sex is rarely satisfied with their appearance. The soul requires change, and we succumb to its persuasion, for example, about changing the hair color. As a rule, after such rash decisions, other health problems arise.
Luxurious curls instantly turn into brittle, dry and naughty. In search of salvation, we buy even more cosmetics. Believe me, this experiment can last forever. If you decide to dye your hair with modern beauty products, then be mentally prepared for the consequences. Another option is to experience the action of nature. Yes, yes, to change the color of the hair really different way, one of which is a mask for the hair.
To lighten hair, a mask can be made from herbal ingredients, for more details see our review.
Do not expect miracles
We hurry to disappoint those who hope to turn from a sultry brunette into a platinum blonde at home. It's impossible! Even in the most expensive cabin, the clarification procedure is done in several stages using professional tools.
In our case, the color of the curls can only be made lighter by a few shades, but for someone this will also be a “small victory”. So, homemade masks for lightening hair with regular use on light brown hair will show the result in a month. Owners of dark hair in a maximum of 4 weeks will see a golden sheen, and in 2-2.5 months the curls will become lighter by 1-2 tones.
Additionally, experts advise the use of nourishing masks - after all, even the most benign components can harm hair.
Advantages and disadvantages
The main advantage of clarification is the instantaneous transformation of appearance. This result will not go unnoticed, because blondes are always bright girls. Together with the new color you will come to confidence and desire to change further.
The second plus is the lack of chemistry. Any mask for lightening hair, the recipe of which you will find in our review, contains only natural remedies.
And finally, accessibility. It is no secret that the procedure in the salon is “a fortune”. The price, moreover, depends on the length of the hair and the qualifications of the master, but no one can guarantee the desired result.
The only drawback that can be voiced is a small chance of deterioration of the curls. Even with a gentle lightening hair loses its moisture and elasticity. To avoid this, you will help the right recipes and our advice.
- Holders of natural hair color should start with the most simple ways, for example, rinsing with lemon or chamomile decoction up to two times a week.
- The hair mask should not be applied immediately after the perm. To lighten the hair is important to wait one month.
- Nutritious masks will help to preserve the health of curls. In addition, use powerful tools to lighten only in exceptional cases.
- The easiest way to discolor thin hair, but with hard will have to try.
- Brown-haired women and brunettes will wait longer for results than blond ones, blondes or redheads.
- Always follow recipes accurately and do not increase the quantity of products.
- It is best to try different recipes to speed up the clarification process.
- The use of peroxide gives a good effect, but it is very harmful to the hair. Curls can become weak, dry and brittle. If you have not been able to brag about the health of the strands before, then in this case you risk remaining without half of the hair.
In each kitchen, you can easily find fragrant cinnamon. This spice is well known for a long time, because the first mention of it is dated 2800 BC.
The benefits of cinnamon are truly limitless: colds, arthritis, weight loss, immunity, diabetes, skin infections, and more. In addition to cooking, for spice found use in the cosmetic industry. For example, it is believed that cinnamon brightens the pigment and accelerates hair growth.
One of the most popular is the mask with cinnamon for lightening hair. For the procedure, it is better to take the spice in the form of dry sticks, as packaged cinnamon is often forged by adding tree seeds.
So, at the first stage, cinnamon sticks are ground with a coffee grinder. Then “roll out” the powder with a rolling pin and send it to the grinder again.
There is no easier
To prepare the simplest mask we need:
- 100 ml of hair balm;
- 2 tablespoons of cinnamon.
Mix the ingredients and apply the mass to wet hair. We wrap the head with a towel, and in two hours we wash off with water and lemon juice. Tip: it is advisable to use a balm without sulfates, parabens and other “nastiness”. Girls and women who like a mask with cinnamon for lightening hair, talk about the incredible aroma and real effect, but only after a few treatments.
Cinnamon works even better with honey. This sweet ingredient nourishes lifeless and dull curls and restores microdamages. In this case, honey softens the aggressive effects of spices.
Interested in a mask with honey and cinnamon? There are quite a few recipes and, as a rule, they have additional ingredients to make the mixture less thick and sticky. In our version, this role is played by air conditioning.
Many representatives of the fair sex will like a mask for lightening hair. Reviews indicate a slight difficulty in the procedure, but what can not be done for the sake of beauty.
- Honey warm in a water bath. Then mix all the ingredients in a ceramic container with a plastic or wooden spoon until smooth.
- Comb clean (slightly damp) hair and strand by strand to apply honey-cinnamon mixture. To avoid burns, do not rub the mask into the scalp.
- Wrap hair with plastic and cover with a warm towel.
- After 40-45 minutes, remove the bag and towel, and leave the mask for another 3-4 hours.
- Rinse with warm water and rinse with chamomile decoction to secure the effect.
Slightly less time is required for another mask. Combine 3 tablespoons of cinnamon and liquid honey with two egg yolks. Apply the mixture on clean and dry hair, wrap with a towel. After two hours, rinse.
This citrus fruit contains a huge amount of vitamins that have a beneficial effect on the hair and skin.
- Eliminates split ends.
- Normalizes the pH level.
- Restores brittle hair and returns vitality.
- Eliminates itching and discomfort.
In addition, lemon is indispensable for excessive sebum secretion. Some owners of greasy hair mix water with lemon juice and splash onto dry hair, which, thanks to this method, stays clean longer.
Hair mask with lemon
In its pure form, citrus fruit, or rather, its juice, has the ability to destroy the natural pigment. For this reason, some people believe that a hair mask (for lightening hair) must necessarily include a lemon.
Ingredients for the first recipe:
Additional ingredients will relieve the possible dryness of the skin. Keep the mask must be two hours.
Mask for hair with lemon and kefir promises us a two-tone clarification. In the first stage, we mix the necessary components: one yolk, juice of half a lemon, a little shampoo, 0.5 cups of kefir and 2 tbsp. l cognac or vodka.
At the second stage, the resulting mass is applied to the strands and rubbed into the head, which is then wrapped with film and a towel. Experts recommend doing this mask for the night, and in the morning wash off all the shampoo. You can improve the smell of the mixture with a few drops of lavender essential oil.
Vitamins B and E, yeast, calcium, lactic acid sticks and protein - the substances that make up kefir will make your hair shiny, relieve dryness and add natural volume to curls. And one more important property: this fermented milk product is able to wash out the pigment, making strands lighter. Reviews of girls and women argue that the result can be obtained on both natural and dyed hair.
Kefir mask for lightening hair is quite easy to use. The required amount of kefir must be applied to the strands along the entire length, wrap with film and leave for at least one hour. Most of all, this method is suitable for owners of dry hair.
When using kefir in masks, it is important to follow some rules.
- Dairy product should not be cold.
- If you have oily hair, then use kefir with a lower percentage of fat. Maximum 3.2% is suitable for split and dry hair, for normal - 2.5%, and for oily hair - only 1%.
- Hair should be slightly wet or dry, and wrapping with a wrap and towel should be a mandatory step.
- Kefir mask is first applied to the scalp and slightly rubbed into the roots, and then spread over the entire length.
For a long time, women use natural dye - chamomile, which contains many nutrients and firming substances. Minerals, vitamins, essential oils and gums have a beneficial effect not only on the hair, but also on the scalp.
The mask for lightening hair with chamomile is popular among blondes and blond, because it gives the curls an amazing golden sheen. To prepare the mixture will suit both fresh and dry chamomile. The latter is much easier to find - at any time of the year at the pharmacy counter. In addition to the main ingredient, you can also add lemon juice or nettle.
Regular rinsing hair with a decoction of chamomile will make the shade not only lighter, but also give them shine and vitality.
Nature vs. Chemistry
It is important to understand that a natural hair mask does not always work. Sometimes it is not enough to lighten hair once or twice. The effect depends on the initial parameters (dyed or unpainted curls), hair structure and accurate adherence to the recommendations.
An important factor is patience. Pick up products, mix, apply, wrap and sometimes wait the whole night to get strands of one or two tones brighter, not all girls and women are ready. It is easier for some to go to a beauty salon and “feed” the curls with a regular batch of chemistry.