Fishing, according to some sociological surveys conducted among the adult male population of Russia, continues to lead among the widespread and accessible types of outdoor activities. Recently it has become especially popular to catch perch on spinning - an exciting activity for any fisher, both beginner and experienced. And this is not an accident! The thing is that perch river - fish predatory and unpretentious, but cautious, quite often found in water bodies of the middle belt (practically in all freshwater, natural and artificial). And catching it is a pleasure from the point of view of sporting fishing: in summer and in other seasons, with due observance of certain conventions, practically no one has ever left without prey.
However, it should be remembered that the daily routine for perch in different water bodies can also be different. And in those days, when the fish is inactive for any of the reasons, even finding a pond in a fisherman's familiar reservoir is not so easy. And you need to try and bypass all the usual "places of former glory", make a bunch of empty casts. But then, as a rule, there is a duty flock (if, of course, perch is found in this pond), and your efforts will be rewarded with hundredfold.
Time of biting and fishing places
Fishing for perch on spinning is almost always effective early in the morning and late in the evening. But after noon in the summer in the heat, the biting is either sluggish, or completely absent. Catching a perch on spinning attracts fishermen of all stripes in that it can be effective at any time of the year, except for winter, and is one of the most popular among the people.
It must be remembered that a good perch catch is possible only at constant atmospheric pressure, so this fish does not really like swings. It is good to catch in a fine drizzle with a steady overcast weather. But in a heavy rain, you probably will not catch anything, since the perch is sitting in a secluded place. With a weak wind, the predator has an appetite, but when he is strong enough he does not hurry to peck.
Where to catch the best perch? Usually it should be looked closer to the vegetation near the shore, and also - in pits and dumps. When the humpbacks or perches hunt less, they usually surround a flock of verkhovodok, and they start jumping out of the water. In such cases, in these places of the reservoir, you can safely throw the tack on the perch. Do not go wrong and stay with the catch!
Tackle for a Spinnaker
How to choose the right tackle for perch? What is familiar and understandable for an experienced fisherman will sound like a kind of revelation for a beginner in fishing. Therefore, in spite of the fact that our story will consist of common truths, we will try to repeat them all the same. After all, as you know, repetition is the mother of teaching! Or maybe an inveterate fisherman who has got used to his whole fishing career to catch a donkey or a float fishing rod and decided suddenly to be re-qualified as a spinning guard will also benefit from reading our advice and recommendations.
Criterias of choice
According to the generalized opinion, the perch fishing for spinning should be carried out with the following gear (and their choice should be clear and verified, according to these recommendations):
- A durable rod of medium price, flexible enough. Length - no more than 2 meters, if catching perch on the spinning will be carried out from the shore.
- The tip of the rod must be strong, and quite sensitive, to feel any movement of the fish in biting and vyvazhivanii.
- For medium-sized perch, monophilic fishing line with a diameter of 0.25 is quite enough (for large specimens one can take a braid).
- The coil is inertial, not too expensive, but reliable.
- As a bait, use either a small fry - zhivitsa, or artificial nozzles: wobblers and vibrotails, for example.
Tactics of fishing
Fishing for perch requires a certain tactic for the execution of the process.
- We choose a promising place for casting (by the way, the opinion about this place among you and the perch may not coincide, and then you have to go and look for others).
- We throw the bait and wait, when it is about to touch the bottom.
- We twist the coil a few (2-4) turns, causing the bait to play.
- We again expect it to descend, and repeat the above movements repeatedly until the fishing line is tightened close to the shore (then a rebound should be carried out) or the perch will not bite.
- Cutting is needed only in the case of small fish activity. If the predator is a fighter, he hacks himself while grasping, and you are only engaged in fetching a caught specimen.
What if I do not bite?
If for a long time spinning fishing for perch is inconclusive, try to understand the cause of what is happening. As already mentioned above, it is possible that the place that you liked, is not suitable for catching this kind of fish. Then systematically bypass the corresponding selection criteria (see the beginning of the article) places and throw the gear. And it is possible that the wobbler himself needs a replacement for a vibro-tail or a natural livebird. Then try to change and again to throw. If the weather is good, without sharp atmospheric leaps, and there is a perch in this reservoir, you should get luck sooner or later, and you will go out for good prey.
Wobblers for perch
This bait is quite widespread in the environment of fishermen-spinning. However, an unenlightened aspiring fisherman should remember that the wobblers differ in their parameters, and quite strongly. What kind of wobblers per perch will be most effective?
- Let's start with the size of an artificial fish. Suffice it to choose no more than 5 cm in length, and in some cases enough and 3-medium thickness. The thing is that especially large humpbacks come across quite seldom, and the remaining minke whales are medium-sized predators. Therefore, they will not perceive too much of a wobbler as a prey.
- Now about the color of the bait itself. Well, firstly, it should be natural and match the color of the food habitual in this pond for the striped predator. For example, if the staple is the staple, then a silver wobblack will do. But many still prefer to use golden shades, especially if the weather is cloudy - they can be seen from afar, even in unclear water. If the weather is changeable, and the perch is inactive, then it is more profitable to use the lighter color of the bait: yellow-green, reddish, striped, golden-silvery.
- If the activity of the fish is high, then even wiring works with small jerks - the simplest. A wobbler does not necessarily choose with his own game.
Catching on a vibrotail
In cases of fairly low minke activity, you need to think about and look for more original attachments, to which, without exaggeration, you can include a vibrotail. This type of attachment should be selected, also following the recommendations of seasoned fishermen.
- The length of the vibrotail, like the wobblers, should not exceed 6 cm. We take the average thickness.
- The color of the nozzle matters. If catching occurs at a depth of 2 meters, choose silver or red. For more deep-sea fishing, where silvery and may not be noticeable at all, and the red automatically turns into brown, take a bright green vibrotail.
- In troubled waters, yellow or orange is preferable. And at depths - up to 15 meters - a vibro-tail of blue fluorescent color is very clearly visible.
Catching on spinning in June and July
Perch on spinning in the summer is caught quite well. Only the rules of fishing will be slightly different. In June, immediately after spawning, numerous predators spread out across the entire area of the reservoir. Pits and pillars of bridges, for example, occupy individuals larger. Humpbacks can hide in encircled areas, behind boulders, in depressions on the bottom. Okunks are smaller in the coastal vegetation zone.
When the July heat comes, the perch can stop biting altogether, especially in the daytime. And in the evening, when the water cools down a little, you can try your luck. Perch in July bites in the early morning, when it comes out of an ambush to feed.
On large reservoirs, a group of perch can be identified by a seagull circling above the fish trifle leaping over the very surface. Her perch squeezes upward, hunting. The ripples that arise in these places are also characteristic.
What to catch in the summer
At the end of June - July, a perch can be caught for almost all kinds of small jigs, for spoon-baiters, oscillating and rotating. And the rotating options are better small, and on the shovel - larger can be caught, a decent trophy. Efficiency increases if a tie of hooks is imposed on a bundle of red or scarlet thread. Such additional equipment attracts predatory fish in case it shows insufficient natural activity.
And if you stop pecking, then you should experiment with attachments: change the spoon-bait to a wobbler or vibro-tail to maximize interest in inactive fish. You can change the pace of the wiring itself, by speeding it up. It is necessary to try to play along with the rod when feeding the nozzle at angles of 45 degrees approximately, so that the wobblers or spoon-bait are slowly melting, as perch is usually standing in such cases against the current and waiting for something tasty to come to it.