Fishing, according to some opinion polls conducted among the adult male population of Russia, continues to lead among the common and affordable types of outdoor activities. Recently, spinning perch has become particularly popular - an exciting activity for any fisherman, and novice, and with experience. And this is no accident! The fact is that the perch is a predatory fish and unpretentious, but cautious, quite often found in water bodies of the middle zone (in almost all freshwater, natural and artificial). And catching it is a pleasure from the point of view of the sportiness of fishing: in the summer, and at another time of the year, with due observance of certain conventions, almost no one has yet gone without catch.
However, it should be remembered that the daily routine of perch in different water bodies can also be different. And in those days when a fish is inactive for any of the reasons, it is not so easy to find a predator even in a familiar fisherman's reservoir. And you need to try and get around all the usual "places of past glory", make a bunch of empty casts. But then, as a rule, there is a guard on duty (if, of course, there is a perch in this reservoir), and your efforts will be rewarded a hundredfold.
Time for fishing and fishing places
Fishing for perch on spinning almost always happens productive in the early morning and late evening. But in the afternoon in the summer, in the heat, the bite is either sluggish or completely absent. Catching a perch on spinning attracts fishermen of all stripes in that it can be effective at any time of the year except winter, and is one of the most popular among the people.
It must be remembered that a good perch catch is possible only at constant atmospheric pressure, so this fish does not like drops. It is good to catch in a fine drizzling rain in case of steady cloudy weather. But in heavy rain you most likely will not catch anything, since the perch perishs in bad places in bad weather. With a weak wind, the predator plays an appetite, but with a strong enough he is in no hurry to peck.
Where to catch a perch is best? Usually it is necessary to look for it closer to the vegetation near the shore, as well as in the pits and dumps. When the humpback whales or smaller groupers hunt, they usually surround a flock of bays, and they begin to jump out of the water. In such cases, in these places of the reservoir, you can safely throw the tackle on the perch. You can not go wrong and stay with the catch!
Tackle for spinning
How to choose this very tackle on a perch? What is familiar and understandable for an experienced fisherman, will sound like a kind of revelation for a beginner in the fishing business. Therefore, in spite of the fact that our story will consist of common truths, let us try to repeat them all the same. After all, as is known, repetition is the mother of learning! Or maybe an avid fisherman who has gotten used to fishing for a donk or float fishing fishing rocket and who has decided to retrain himself in a spinning machine will also find it helpful to read our tips and recommendations.
Criterias of choice
According to the generalized opinion, catching perch on spinning should be carried out with the following gear (and their choice should be clear and verified, according to these recommendations):
- Durable rod average price range, quite flexible. Length - no more than 2 meters, if the perch fishing on a spinning will be carried out from the shore.
- The tip of the rod should be both durable and quite sensitive in order to feel any movement of the fish during biting and pulling.
- For medium-sized perches, a monofilament line with a diameter of 0.25 will be quite sufficient (for large specimens, a braid can be taken).
- The reel is instantaneous, not too expensive, but reliable.
- As a bait, use either small fish - live bait or artificial baits: wobblers and vibro tails, for example.
Fishing for perch requires a certain tactics of the execution process.
- We choose a promising place for the implementation of a cast (by the way, the opinion of this place with you and the perch may not coincide, and then you need to go and look for others).
- We throw the bait and wait when it is about to touch the bottom.
- Twist the coil on a few (2-4) turns, forcing the bait to play.
- We again expect it to fall, and repeat the above movements many times, until the fishing line is pulled close to the shore (then a retake should be carried out) or the perch bite.
- Cutting is needed only in the case of low activity of the fish. If the predator is a striker, during the grip itself he cuts himself off, and you are only engaged in dragging the caught specimen.
What to do if you do not bite?
If for a long time spinning perch fishing is ineffective, try to understand the reason for what is happening. As mentioned above, it is possible that the place that you liked, is not suitable for catching this type of fish. Then systematically we go around the places that match the selection criteria (see the beginning of the article) and forward the gear. And it is possible that the wobbler itself needs to be replaced with a vibrating tail or natural fish. Then try to change and throw again. If the weather is good, without sharp atmospheric jumps, and the perch in this reservoir is definitely there, then you should get lucky sooner or later, and you will get good prey.
Lure on a perch
This bait is quite common among spinning fishermen. However, the unenlightened beginner angler should remember that wobblers differ from each other in their parameters, and quite strongly. What kind of lure on the perch will be the most effective?
- Let's start with the size of an artificial fish. It is enough to choose no more than 5 cm in length, and in some cases 3 medium thickness will suffice. The fact is that very large humpbacks are quite rare, and the rest of the whales are medium-sized predators. Therefore, too huge lure they will not be perceived as prey.
- Now, about the colors of the bait itself. Well, first of all, it should be natural and match the color of the striped predator food that is usual in this pond. For example, if the base feed is bleak, then a silver wobbler will do. But many still prefer to use golden shades, especially if the weather is overcast - they can be seen from afar, even in turbid water. If the weather is changeable, and the perch is inactive, then it is more profitable to use brighter bait colors: yellow-green, reddish, striped, golden-silver.
- If the activity of the fish is high, then uniform wiring works with small jerks - the simplest. And the wobbler does not have to choose with its own game.
In cases of a rather low activity of minke men, one should think about and look for more original nozzles, to which, without exaggeration, vibro tail may be attributed. This type of nozzle should be chosen, also following the recommendations of experienced fishermen.
- The length of the vibrotail, as well as the wobbler, should not exceed 6 cm. We take the average thickness.
- Coloring nozzles matter. If fishing occurs at a depth of 2 meters, choose silver or red. For deeper fishing, where the silver can be completely invisible, and the red automatically turns brown, we take a bright green tailtail.
- In turbid waters, yellow or orange are preferred. And at depths of up to 15 meters - a vibrant tail of blue fluorescent color is very noticeable.
Spinning in June and July
Perch on a spinning summer is caught quite well. Only fishing rules will vary slightly. In June, immediately after spawning, numerous predators spread across the entire area of the reservoir. The pits and supports of bridges, for example, are occupied by larger individuals. Humpbacks can lurk in obstructed areas, behind boulders, in recesses at the bottom. Perch smaller live in the zone of coastal vegetation.
When the July heat comes, the perch can stop biting at all, especially in the daytime. In the evening, when the water cools down a little, you can try your luck. The perch in July pecks in the early morning when it comes out of the ambush to feed.
In large bodies of water, perch aggregation can be identified by a gull circling over a fish trifle jumping along the very surface. Her perch squeezes up, hunting. Characteristic and arising in these places ripples.
What to catch in the summer
At the end of June - July, the perch can be caught on almost all types of small jigs, on spinners, oscillating and rotating. Moreover, the rotating variants go better than small ones, and on the oscillators - you can catch bigger ones, a worthy trophy. Efficiency is enhanced if a tee of red or scarlet thin threads is imposed on the tee hooks. Such additional equipment attracts predatory fish in case it shows insufficient natural activity.
And if you have stopped pecking, then you should experiment with nozzles: change the lure to a wobbler or a vibrating tail to maximize the interest of an inactive fish. You can change the rate of the transaction itself, accelerating it. It is necessary to try to play along with the rod when feeding the nozzle at angles of 45 degrees approximately, so that the wobbler or lure will slowly float, as the perch is usually in such cases standing upright against the current and waiting for something tasty to swim to it.