Every person is sure that he has friends. At least, most definitely have them. But here's an interesting point: how many people can give a precise definition of who these friends are? What are their criteria? And what do they mean to us?
After all, you can not just wake up in the morning and say: "Oh, today is a beautiful day, which means it's time to make a new friend." No, there are special conditions that must necessarily be met so that two people can truly make friends. Interesting to know about this? Then welcome to the unknown world of friendship.
Who are friends?
So, the answer to the main question: “What is friendship?” First of all, this feeling that unites two people. It is based on trust and respect, if these two components do not exist, then such a union will quickly fall apart. Or one person will simply use the second one until he gets bored or his trust limit is exhausted.
Now smoothly turn to who are friends. As can be understood from the above, friends are people who are able to trust each other. Often this feeling does not arise just like that. This requires an impetus, for example, a certain life situation that has managed to show them the virtues of each other.
Friends are like relatives, but instead of blood ties, mutual respect and trust bind them.
What are the principles of friendship?
But trust alone is not enough for ordinary acquaintance to become something more. Therefore, in order to understand who such friends are, we need to consider the main components of friendship. Namely:
- Openness in communication. It is difficult to be friends with those whom you can not fully understand. Therefore, it is very important to be extremely sincere in communicating with friends - this will help build strong relationships.
- Unselfishness. Friendship is not a business relationship, and certainly not a trade union. All actions must be done without any intent, because what's the point of being friends with someone who comes to the rescue only when it is beneficial for him?
- Participation. Friends do not forget about each other both in moments of joy and in troubled times. A good friend regularly asks: “How are you doing? Do you all well? When can we meet and just talk about life? ”
Why was it so easy to make new friends in childhood?
Children always make new acquaintances with ease and within a few minutes they can call their first counterpart a friend. And the matter is not even that they do not fully realize who those friends are. No, the truth lies in the fact that children are the most disinterested creatures on earth.
Each person, looking into his past, can easily recall what most interested him in childhood: sweets and fun. Everything else was completely unimportant. That is why it was so easy to make new friends, because almost all children have similar interests. Moreover, at this age, we still do not suspect that people are capable of betraying us or of hypocrisy in order to achieve their hidden goals.
Over time, we all grow up
Where it is more difficult to make friends, being already mature. After all, now the world does not seem so friendly and kind as before. Behind each act we try to find hidden intentions, and, what is the saddest thing, often they really are.
It is quite difficult to open up to strangers, so real friends so rarely appear in our lives. More often than not, a person starts just comrades with whom you can have fun, but you certainly don’t want to go into reconnaissance.
And yet, even in this period of life, we meet those whom we have the right to consider as friends. Let it be not so often, but because of this their importance only increases. Having met such a person, you need to strive with all your might to develop your friendship, so that it will eventually bear fruit.
Who is the best friend?
Among all our comrades, there are always those whom we value much more than others. Their friendship is more important to us than anything else, because we call them best friends. But why does this happen? What makes us make such a choice? And who is the best friend?
Best friends are those people who can be implicitly trusted with any secret. You can always rely on them, no matter what difficulties you have to move. They will not betray, misinterpret and direct you to the path of truth if there is such a need.
Quite often, people become best friends after having experienced a number of life situations together. Some of them may be sad, others, on the contrary, it is pleasant to remember in the evenings. But they are the link that binds people over the years.
Five simple rules of friendship
Podbivaya results, I want to talk a little more about how to be a friend. After all, it is impossible to demand from those around what is not capable of itself. So, five simple rules of friendship:
- Always keep your word, otherwise you will not succeed. If you doubt your strength, do not promise anything at all.
- Learn to listen to people. Sometimes it's enough just to get into the problem of a friend and just sit silently beside him.
- Help in difficult times. Do not wait for a request for help, try to come at the right time.
- Be unselfish. But at the same time it is not necessary to poke all the whims, because real friends will never disturb each other over trifles.
- Respect friends. Remember: their opinions and words should be important to you, because you are on an equal footing.