With the approach of winter, few people will be able to actively go fishing, while many are unlikely to show such a desire at all. The presence of characteristic weather, as well as a rather whimsical bite - all this is far from the best conditions for an avid angler.
We prepare in advance
However, after the first spring warming, as well as a full-fledged ice sheet, everyone will expect a long-awaited departure to nature, and if you also hid while waiting for this time, then it is best to get acquainted with some useful tips that allow you to perfectly prepare gear. In particular, as the fishermen say: “Sleds are prepared in the summer, and the feeder - in the winter” - therefore, even in cold weather, you need to think through all sorts of little things, and also acquire the necessary tackle so that in the end you will immediately have a feeder for the feeder. With their own hands, few are able to make them far, although these skills are quite important.
Today, this is a very good option for those who want to save their own funds and at the same time get a really reliable device, the quality of which you do not have to constantly doubt.
How to make a feeder for the feeder?
In this article we will consider the fastest and easiest way of how to make a feeder for the feeder with your own hands. In other words, in this case it is not at all necessary to use soldering and other professional equipment, but at the same time you will spend a minimum of time and effort for the full production of such a product.
Are there any difficulties?
It is worth noting that the most difficult for most people in this case is the casting of lead, but the feeder feeder with their own hands is made only in this way. Fortunately, in modern stores you can easily find specialized molds for casting various weights.
How many need them?
If you figure out how to do the feeder for the feeder with your own hands, just a few of these products will be enough for you for the full-fledged fishing season. In this case, do not forget that, even if you decide to buy in the ingots already prepared lead, your own feeder will cost you several times cheaper. The cost of the grid is extremely low, and just one square meter will be quite enough to make about a dozen different feeders.
In addition, it is impossible not to say that the working procedure itself brings a lot of pleasure, since not everyone can make a feeder for the feeder with their own hands. Especially this process is fueled by constant thoughts about future trophies.
What you need to have?
Initially, to make a model of the feeder, you need to have the following with you:
- Metal mesh. Ideally, use a 5x5 grid.
- Wire. Virtually any wire will do, but it’s best to use the most reliable one.
- Wooden dies. In this case, the shape does not matter, as the dies are intended for uniform bending of the mesh.
- Good pliers or tongs. This tool will be used to reliably clamp lead.
Thus, it can be said that the set of tools is minimal, therefore, in principle, every angler will be able to figure out how to make a feeder for the feeder with his own hands.
How to do?
For the manufacture of this product you will need to follow very simple instructions:
- Using nippers, cut out the cage from the grid, the dimensions of which should be 8x21. It should be noted that this size is the most optimal for the production of a full rectangular trough.
- With the help of a special wooden plank, the grid is bent up to three cells, after which it is five and two times more so that in the end there are only three cells left.
- The two extreme planes of three cells should be combined in such a way that they would go one square on each other clearly.
- This design is fixed with wire. It is worth noting the fact that in certain situations it is possible to do even without such fixation, since in practice curved lead retains any catch quite well, but in any case it is better to use wire if you need calm fishing. Feeder-feeder with their own hands for the flow is made quite simple, but it should not be forgotten that the main feature of this device is reliability, and therefore it is best to ensure it to the maximum.
- After you prepare the mold, you can begin to cast lead.
- Immediately it is worth noting the fact that lead casting is a fairly simple procedure, but do not forget that this is a painstaking and dangerous process. Without fail, all work must be carried out in specialized mittens, and the room must be aired during smelting. Before using the blueprints for the feeder with your own hands, you need to clean and dry the form in which you will work, while the most optimal is to use a flat form, with which lead will normally be folded around the grid of the manufactured feeder. This technology involves the use of additional fasteners, while the most economical is the use of standard gypsum. The plaster form itself may well replace the purchased one, and it can also be used to make an ideal form by making adjustments. Thus, if necessary, even a feeding trough-bullet for the feeder can be made with your own hands.
- We represent the shape of the sinker for the feeder and make a similar version of wood.
- Gypsum is pre-mixed, after which the wooden dummy we made in advance is immersed in it. You can use a variety of sizes for excavation, and if there are any incidents, the shape can be adjusted at any time using a standard chisel. Of course, the standard purchase form is made of two halves, which allows you to make the most even and beautiful weights, but the use of the gypsum option is much more affordable in terms of financial costs, and at the same time it fully satisfies the needs of novice masters.
- In the end, if you look closely, you may notice not the smoothest edges of shipments or beards can remain, but if necessary, this is polished, even if you first make feeders for the feeder with your own hands (photo above). In the majority of cases, experts recommend placing the load with a thickening closer to the center, but at the same time making it thin enough on the sides to achieve the most effective bend.
- Cooked lead is installed on the grid.
- Do not forget also to take care of the use of really high-quality equipment and fasteners. If you make a feeding feeder for the feeder with your own hands, the most optimal use of specialized feeder rubber, metal rings, thick fishing line, belt or wire. If necessary, you can immediately install the snap hook and swivel on the mount of the feeders manufactured by you, or already later use them on the assembly.
In this case, you will need to have three metal plates. At the same time you get a slightly different feeder.
The method for the feeder does the following:
- The presence of a plate of thin metal, which will be used as the side wall of the form, and will also be equipped with a bottom and a bend for lead. With the help of the bottom it will be possible to ensure the most effective fixation of the structure.
- The next plate is even thicker, but it is equipped with a hole for pouring. If necessary, this hole is made independently using a standard file.
- The third plate will be the middle part of our form, and at the same time on it it is imperative to cut out the space that is needed for a normal fill.
In this case, feeders for the feeder with their own hands for the flow are made by collecting all the plates in a single design, followed by pouring the form.
What you need to consider?
Before you cast lead, the form must be wiped as carefully as possible, and this is quite important. In the predominant majority of cases, experts recommend using different forms of feeders initially in order to subsequently be able to choose the most optimal variant suitable for the particular characteristics of fishing.
Since it is not always possible to make even bends of the grid at right angles, you can use specialized vices or wooden guides to help.
Now we will consider how the plastic feeder for the feeder is made with its own hands from the bottle. To do this, you need only three main components - it is the bottle itself, the clip and the lead load.
Benefits and features
Immediately it is worth noting the fact that the main advantage of this technology is the maximum possible availability of all materials. At least, it will be enough just to find the first two elements, while it is not as easy to get lead today as it may seem at first glance. Some experts recommend, if necessary, to use specialized self-adhesive lead weights, which are used in modern tire fitting organizations to ensure wheel balancing.
After you have everything you need, you can begin to make the feeder for the feeder.
How it's done?
Initially, you should decide on how much weight the feeder you will make, because the length of the final product will directly depend on it. The most optimal is to divide the plate of lead weighing up to 60 grams in half. Thus, you will have several identical weights, the weight of which is thirty grams, while for the manufacture of the feeder in this case it will be quite enough to use one such part.
After you have made the shipment for the feeder feeder, you can already be engaged in the manufacture of the frame. For this purpose, it will be necessary to use a sharply sharpened knife, as well as a metal ruler, with the help of which the line is initially drawn, and then all unnecessary irregularities are cut off. If necessary, the use of a felt-tip pen is also provided.
Now the plastic strip is cut to the required width. A lead plate is applied to the edges of the workpiece, while a knife is held on the flat side of the plastic. Now the ruler is applied to the drawn dashes, and again draw the lines with a knife.
After all the excess is cut off along the lines, the plastic is twisted into a tube. After determining the optimal volume of your trough, all unnecessary parts are completely cut off. The most important in this process is the correct consideration of the overlap of plastic, which is formed in case of further fastening with a stapler. It is worth noting that if you make such a feeding trough (a method for the feeder) with your own hands, the overlap should not exceed 1.5 cm.
Plastic frame with a stapler attached to each side. The diameter of the feeder in this case will be 4 cm, while the length is 4.5 cm. Now the cargo is glued to the butt joint of the frame, it is peeled off from the weight of the adhesive tape, after which it is applied to the plastic and firmly pressed. In the end, you will need to prepare a clip for mounting, make a few holes in the feeder and connect all with a clip. The last element will be a soldering iron burning through the holes, while the holes should be smoothed out with wetted fingers.