Today in construction are used devices that facilitate the processing of materials. For example, a jig for drilling holes is one of those devices that allow you to work without using any marking tools.
What is a product?
The presented apparatus allows you to do the work as accurately as possible. It is a special box that provides the necessary parameters of the holes. That is, you can easily adjust the angle of entry of the drill into the material being processed. Moreover, if there are several parts, then the drilled holes will coincide.
I must say that such devices can be purchased at any hardware store. Their cost ranges from 1000-2500 rubles. However, the conductor for drilling holes can be made independently. This is especially necessary to do if special parameters are required for work.
The advantages of the device
The conductor for drilling holes has the following advantages:
- Reasonable cost and the possibility of hand-made production.
- There is no need to use a ruler, pencil or other means for marking the treated surface.
- Reducing the complexity of the procedure.
- Very simple use of the product, intuitively understandable even to the amator.
As you can see, the jig for drilling holes is a very useful device for a household or for a small business.
In principle, such a device can be used almost everywhere. For example, most often it can be found in the process of making furniture. In such a work requires accurate parameters. The use of measuring instruments takes a lot of time. This entails additional expenses that can be disastrous for a small business.
A very important device conductor is in engineering. Here the device’s equipment plays a huge role. It should be as accurate as possible. As you can see, the presented device is quite common and useful. It allows you to significantly simplify the work.
The jig for drilling holes, the drawing of which you can see in the article, may have a different design. It all depends on the purpose for which the device will be applied. For example, if you purchased the device in the form of a small strip or corner with holes drilled in one line, then with its help you can make holes in one row at a right angle.
If you do not need this design, but need a more complex version with holes that are not on the same axis, then you will have to make the device yourself. How to do this, you can find out further. However, you first need to deal with the varieties of the presented products. As you can see, the jig for perpendicular drilling of holes has a not too complicated structure that even an inexperienced master can figure out.
So, we can distinguish these types of devices:
- Stationary. They are distinguished by the fact that they do not have turning elements capable of moving the workpiece. That is, those products that are drilled are of the same type.
- Overhead. Their feature is the simplicity of design and low cost. To work such a device, you just need to put on the part that will be processed. It must be attached with a washer and a nut.
- Tiltable. They are able to drill several holes in one piece. However, they may have a different angle with respect to each other.
- Rotary. In this case, the location of the conductor sleeve is determined by a dividing disc.
– Silicate. These products are most commonly installed on a professional drill machines. Special demand they use in the engineering industry.
How to choose the right device?
In order for the conductor to drill holes, the photos of which are presented in this article, could successfully cope with the tasks assigned to it, you need to purchase the correct device. During the selection and purchase, try to follow these recommendations:
1. Type and purpose of the device. This parameter is the most important. If you pick up the wrong device or its equipment, then it will be useless for you, and the money will be thrown to the wind.
2. The cost of the device. This parameter is also important. Do not give preference to the cheapest products that can disperse at the first use. Buy durable metal devices.
3. Manufacturer's warranty. Do not purchase the item in the basement. There you are not insured against fakes or defective goods. It is better to contact the official certified point of sale, where you can change the product under warranty, if it does not suit you or is not functional.
4. Additional features. To date, the jig for drilling holes in pockets can be equipped with special tools that help eliminate dust during operation, or other devices.
5. Manufacturer. It all depends on your taste and reputation of the manufacturer. Now the most popular is the conductor for drilling holes Wolfcraft.
To do this is not difficult. First you need to choose the necessary material. For this purpose, the best channel or corner. Naturally, before processing the workpiece, it is necessary to make a template, according to which the holes will be drilled. The scheme can be drawn on a regular sheet of paper.
Next, you need to make a markup on the workpiece itself. After that, it must be clamped in a vise or with clamps, and only then start drilling. Note that to do this strictly perpendicularly is quite difficult. The fact is that manually you can make a hole with a certain deviation. And the thicker the workpiece you select, the harder it will work.
Next you just need to drill holes in the marked places. Take into account the diameter of the drill. It must exactly match the size of the future holes on the material being processed. It is best to use a drilling machine for this purpose. That he will achieve the desired angle of 90 degrees. If the drilling machine is not, then the drill should be fixed so that it does not deviate. To do this, you can apply all kinds of stands.
Features of the device
The conductor for drilling holes KWB, like any other device of the type presented, must be properly used. Only in this case, you can achieve a positive result. So, try to observe the following conditions:
- During operation, all parts, as well as the device itself, should be as clean as possible to remove dust or other contaminants.
- Try to pick exactly the drill that will fit you in diameter.
- Note that during the installation of the conductor it should lie flat against the table plane. Naturally, at this stage you should also set the drilling depth.
- During the selection of the rotational speed of the drill, it is imperative to check the correctness of the drill setting on the runout.
- The workpiece must be very firmly fixed on the jig.
- Drive the drill through the guide sleeve to the product and start drilling.
- Note that you should not press the tool too hard during operation. Otherwise, the drill may simply break or lose its sharpness.
- After completion of work, it is necessary to carefully withdraw the tool from the part and unscrew the jig.
- During the implementation of all manipulations, try to comply with the maximum safety rules. For example, wear protective clothing, gloves, and goggles. If you feel that the tool has begun to act up, immediately stop working. Otherwise, you risk getting hurt.
That's all the features of the conductor. Good luck!