Comedones are one of the manifestations of acne. Despite the use of numerous acne and acne remedies in the beauty industry, the number of people suffering from the disease is increasing every day. According to statistics, 90% of adolescents and 25% of the adult population have skin that is afflicted with this unpleasant cosmetic defect.
What are comedones?
Comedones on the face at first seem to be a mere trifle. “You will outgrow,” parents dismiss their children’s complaints about acne, which generously “decorate” the forehead and nose of a teenager. But this is a typical mistake that adults make. After all, comedones, if they are not treated, quickly and surely develop from a cosmetic problem into a medical one. These formations are clots of sebum that accumulate in the hair follicles. Comedones are even called a type of cyst, often their appearance is provoked by dirt and grease.
In a word, on the epidermis of each person there are pores with which he breathes. When they become clogged, the process is broken - comedones appear. These are consequences of contamination of the skin ducts with fat, dead cells of the epidermis, dust, which form a plug that interferes with the normal functioning of the follicle. Stagnant fat becomes fertile ground for the emergence of microbes and toxins. This trio turns into a viscous substance. When it becomes a little place in the hair follicle, it goes outside and forms a comedo.
There are a lot of them. Firstly, if you have acne on the skin of your face, most likely you have a genetic predisposition to this disease. If parents had adolescent acne, then children usually suffer.
Secondly, to blame and oily skin, which requires special care. When you choose the wrong cosmetics, the problem, as they say, is obvious. Trouble also jumps out if a person has an increased level of testosterone. Therefore, a young man or a man with oily skin is the first at risk. Very often, pregnant and lactating women, menopausal women, complain of comedones. This means that the cause of their appearance also becomes altered hormones.
Thirdly, violations of the bowels also lead to acne. In this case, you need to carefully examine the diet, exclude from it fatty and smoked food, baking and baking, alcohol and caffeine. These products most often cause problems with the digestive tract. Fourth, the use of decorative cosmetics - another common cause of comedones. If it is of poor quality or just does not fit your skin type, you are not immune from acne.
The most common causes of the appearance of hated comedones we called. It remains to add a few factors that can provoke acne and blackheads on the skin:
- Individual physiological features of the epidermis, for example, small pore diameter.
- Disorders of the endocrine system: diabetes mellitus, malfunction of the sex glands, hyper or hypothyroidism.
- Diseases of the nervous system, as well as frequent stress, neurosis, depression, sleep disorders.
- Medication, especially hormonal drugs.
- Bad habits: regular drinking, smoking.
- Poor ecology, polluted atmosphere, high content of heavy metals and chemicals in the air.
Comedones on the face may appear for a short time and after a long stay in the sun. Therefore, before and after visiting the beach, you must apply a protective cream.
Comedones: main types
In order to know how to get rid of comedones, you first need to determine their type. Beauticians distinguish between two types of acne:
- Open They look like ordinary eels - black dots on the nose, cheeks, forehead. When sebum accumulated in the follicles is mixed with dirt and keratinized cells of the epidermis, its upper layer is oxidized by oxygen. The fatty substance that came out changes color, turning into dark formations familiar to us painfully on the face. Open eels are the least dangerous species.
- Closed comedones. These are the same acne. They look like knots or balls that rise above the surface of the epidermis. They differ from acne in that they remain under the skin, not having any way out. And this situation is already more serious, since closed acne is an ideal place for the reproduction of fungal infections, staphylococci. The skin around them is inflamed, purulent formations occur, which not only look unsightly, but are terribly painful. Subsequently, they can provoke the appearance of abscesses and boils, scars and irregularities of the skin.
Whatever comedones, they definitely need to be treated. To do this, contact your dermatologist and a cosmetologist.
The first thing the specialist will advise is regular washing with warm water. Twice a day, it should be mixed with a bactericidal soap or foam. After this procedure, it is necessary to wipe the skin with a cotton swab dipped in a lotion that does not contain alcohol, so you will avoid drying out the epidermis. If after this you are still tormented by comedones, the treatment can be supplemented with salicylic acid. She needs to wipe the affected areas of the skin: the substance perfectly softens the greasy plugs, works like a scrub, removing dead cells.
Gels and lotions of the lines “Setafil”, “Klerasil Ultra”, “Sebium” and others have a good effect. They have antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. If the situation is deplorable, the doctor prescribes antibiotics or hormonal drugs. Since these drugs have many side effects, their use occurs exclusively under the supervision of a specialist. The patient may be recommended a diet with a low content of sweet, flour and fatty foods. But the use of large quantities of fish and poultry, vegetables and fruits, milk and cereals will only benefit.
Finding comedones, treatment must begin immediately, otherwise skin problems can become large-scale. The traditional medicine, which has in its armament several effective and skin-friendly masks, also helps in this:
- Protein. Beat a tablespoon of sugar with the protein of one egg and apply on the face, tapping with your fingers. The mask deeply cleanses the skin, pulling out all kinds of impurities from the pores.
- Soda Take 4 grams of soda and salt, mix them and drip a few drops of water. The resulting mass of treated skin with comedones, rubbing it over the entire surface. Instead of salt, you can add chopped oatmeal.
- Rice. Pour 0.3 liters of boiling water 50 grams of rice. Insist the whole night. In the morning, drain the water and knead the rice to a state of mashed potatoes. Apply gruel, incubate for 20 minutes and rinse. An alternative to water will be kefir, which dissolves fat with a bang.
Now you know how to get rid of comedones with the help of available tools. Actively use masks not only for the treatment of acne and acne, but also as a preventive measure. It is better to prevent the problem than to spend a lot of energy and resources on its liquidation.
It is a very important weapon that will minimize the appearance of eels. There are a number of tools that “do not tolerate” comedones. Reviews of professional beauticians and ordinary citizens say that the most effective is an ordinary scrub - it should be applied once a week. Observance of elementary rules of personal hygiene, regular moisturizing of the face with creams and gels helps. Once a month you can visit the beauty salon for the mechanical cleaning of the epidermis - a procedure that is carried out by an expert.
If the skin is porous and oily, anti-bacterial and tonic lotions can be used, but not necessarily alcohol. It is desirable that they are made on the basis of extracts of green tea, aloe, juniper, chamomile, pine needles. Essential oils are also recommended: lemon, clove, eucalyptus, menthol, cedar, tea tree. They prevent the occurrence of inflammatory processes and remove existing foci well.
Is it possible to squeeze comedones?
A very popular question of people suffering from this cosmetic defect. Any cosmetologist will tell you that removal of comedones can only be done by an experienced specialist. By doing the procedure yourself, you risk “beautifying” your face with scars and scars - it will be much more difficult to remove them than ordinary acne. If comedones jumped out suddenly before an important meeting and you do not have time to see a professional, use lemon juice and hydrogen peroxide. Wipe the skin with a cotton swab dipped in liquid - so you discolor formations, make them less noticeable.
When comedones on the face do not form whole placers, but are single, you can squeeze them out. That's just when you need to follow the rules of hygiene as much as possible so as not to carry the infection into the resulting wound. First, wash your hands, clean your face and steam it over a bowl of herbal infusion. Secondly, after the procedure, disinfect the skin with lotion and wash with cool boiled water. Third, apply a soothing mask. For the next two days, eliminate the use of decorative cosmetics and alcohol-based face care products. Be healthy and beautiful!