Comedones are one of the manifestations of acne. Despite the use of numerous acne and acne remedies in the beauty industry, the number of people suffering from the disease is increasing every day. According to statistics, 90% of adolescents and 25% of the adult population are affected by this unpleasant cosmetic defect.
What are comedones?
Comedones on the face at first seem to be nothing. "You will outgrow", parents scream from children's complaints about pimples, which generously "adorn" the forehead and nose of a teenager. But this is a typical mistake that adults allow. After all, comedones, if not treated, from the cosmetic problem quickly and confidently develop into a medical one. These formations are clots of sebum that accumulate in the hair follicles. Comedones are even called a variety of cysts, often their appearance provokes dirt and fat.
In a word, each person's epidermis has pores, with which he breathes. When they become clogged, the process is broken - there are comedones. These are the consequences of contamination of the skin ducts with fat, dead cells of the epidermis, dust, which form a stopper, interfering with normal life of the follicle. Stagnant fat becomes fertile soil for the emergence of microbes and toxins. This trio turns into a viscous substance. When he gets a little space in the bulb of the hair, it comes out and forms a comedon.
There are a lot of them. Firstly, if you have acne on the skin of your face, most likely, you have a genetic predisposition to this disease. If parents had adolescent acne, then children usually suffer.
Secondly, oily skin is also to blame, which requires special care. When you incorrectly choose cosmetics, the problem, as they say, is obvious. Nuisance also pops up if the person has an elevated level of testosterone. Therefore, a young man or a man with oily skin is the first at risk. Very often pregnant and lactating women, ladies experiencing menopause, complain about comedones. This means that the cause of their appearance is also the altered hormonal background.
Thirdly, abnormalities in the work of the intestine lead to acne. In this case, you need to carefully study the diet, exclude from it fatty and smoked food, muffins and pastries, alcohol and caffeine. These products often create problems with the digestive tract. Fourthly, the use of decorative cosmetics is another common cause of comedones. If it is substandard or just does not fit your skin type, you are not immune to acne.
The most common reasons for the appearance of hateful comedones we called. It remains to add a few more factors that can trigger the appearance of acne and acne on the skin:
- Individual physiological features of the epidermis, for example, a small pore diameter.
- Disorder of the functions of the endocrine system: diabetes mellitus, disorders of the sexual glands, hyper- or hypothyroidism.
- Diseases of the nervous system, as well as frequent stresses, neuroses, depression, sleep disturbances.
- Taking medications, especially hormone drugs.
- Bad habits: regular use of alcoholic beverages, smoking.
- Bad ecology, polluted atmosphere, high content of heavy metals and chemicals in the air.
Comedones on the face can appear for a short time and after a long stay in the sun. Therefore, before and after visiting the beach, you must always apply a protective cream.
Comedones: the main types
In order to know how to get rid of comedones, you need to first determine their type. Cosmetologists distinguish two types of acne:
- Open. They look like ordinary acne - black dots on the nose, cheeks, forehead. When the skin fat accumulated in the follicles is mixed with dirt and keratinized epidermal cells, its upper layer is oxidized by oxygen. The fatty substance that comes out, changes color, turning into familiar dark pains on our face. Open acne is the least dangerous species.
- Closed comedones. These are the same pimples. Look like knots or balls that rise above the surface of the epidermis. From acne, they differ in that they remain under the skin, without having an outlet outward. And this situation is more serious, since closed acne is an ideal place for reproduction of fungal infections, staphylococci. The skin around them inflames, there are purulent formations that not only unaesthetically look, but are terribly painful. Subsequently they can provoke the appearance of abscesses and furuncles, scars and irregularities of the skin.
Whatever the comedones, they must be treated. For this, you should consult a dermatologist and a cosmetologist.
The first thing a specialist advises is regular washing with warm water. Two times a day it should be mixed with bactericidal soap or foam. After this procedure, you must necessarily wipe the skin with a cotton swab dipped in a lotion that does not contain alcohol, so you avoid drying the epidermis. If after this you still continue to torment comedones, treatment can be supplemented with salicylic acid. She needs to wipe the affected skin: the substance perfectly softens the sebaceous plugs, works like a scrub, removing the dead cells.
Gels and lotions of lines "Setafil", "Klerasil Ultra", "Sebium" and others have a good effect. They have antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. If the situation is deplorable, the doctor prescribes antibiotics or hormones. Since these medicines have many side effects, their use occurs exclusively under the supervision of a specialist. A diet with a reduced content of sweet, flour and fatty foods can be recommended to a patient. But the consumption in large quantities of fish and poultry, vegetables and fruits, milk and cereals will only benefit.
Having discovered comedones, treatment should be started immediately, otherwise skin problems can acquire a large-scale character. It is helped in this and folk medicine, which has in its arsenal several effective and useful for the skin masks:
- Protein. Spoon a tablespoon of sugar with a single egg egg white and apply on your face, patting your fingers. The mask deeply cleanses the skin, pulling from the pores all kinds of dirt.
- Soda. Take 4 grams of soda and salt, mix them and drip a few drops of water. With the resulting mass, treat the skin areas with comedones, rubbing it over the entire surface. Instead of salt, you can add crushed oatmeal.
- Rice. Pour 0.3 liters of boiling water 50 grams of rice. Insisting all night. In the morning, drain the water and knead the rice until it mashed. Apply the gruel, stand for 20 minutes and rinse. An alternative to water will be kefir, which dissolves fat by cheers.
Now you know how to get rid of comedones with the help of improvised tools. Actively use masks not only to treat acne and acne, but also for preventive purposes. It is better to prevent the problem than to spend a lot of forces and resources to eliminate it.
It is a very important weapon that will minimize the appearance of blackheads. There are a number of means that "do not tolerate" comedones. Reviews of professional cosmetologists and ordinary people say that the most effective is an ordinary scrub - it should be used once a week. Helps and compliance with basic rules of personal hygiene, regular moisturizing of the face with the help of creams and gels. Once a month, you can visit the beauty salon to mechanically clean the epidermis - the procedure that the specialist conducts.
If the skin is porous and oily, antibacterial and toning lotions can be used, but not necessarily alcohol. It is desirable that they were made on the basis of extracts of green tea, aloe, juniper, chamomile, needles. Recommended and essential oils: lemon, cloves, eucalyptus, menthol, cedar, tea tree. They prevent the appearance of inflammatory processes and well remove existing foci.
Can I squeeze out comedones?
A very popular question for people suffering from this cosmetic defect. Any cosmetologist will tell you that removal of comedones can only be carried out by an experienced specialist. By doing the procedure yourself, you risk "decorating" your face with scars and scars - removing them will be much more difficult than usual acne. If the comedones jumped out suddenly before an important meeting and on reception to the professional you do not have time, use lemon juice and peroxide of hydrogen. Soaked in a liquid fleece wipe the skin - so you discolor the formation, make them less noticeable.
When the comedones on the face do not form whole placers, but are single, you can squeeze them out. That's only when you need to comply with the rules of hygiene, so as not to infect the infection in the wound. First, wash your hands, cleanse your face and raspate it over a basin with herbal infusion. Secondly, after the procedure disinfect the skin with lotion and wash with cool boiled water. Third, apply a soothing mask. The next two days, exclude the use of decorative cosmetics and facial care products on an alcohol basis. Be healthy and beautiful!