Each owner of the enterprise (irrespective of the form of ownership, the scope of activity, the number of branches and the number of personnel) wants his child to work without interruption and bring a high profit. A competent leader knows that without stable staff, good results are difficult to achieve.
Good helpers in monitoring the movement of personnel are different numerical indicators. One of the most popular is the coefficient of retirement, the coefficient of fluidity. They reflect the movement of personnel in the organization. In practice, the flow rate is usually calculated.
Coefficient of staff turnover: calculation formula
Calculate it under the power of a specialist with any experience. For calculations, a formula is provided.
The coefficient of staff turnover with its help is easy enough to determine. The formula has the following form:
- Кт - coefficient of staff turnover;
- Ku - the number of laid-off workers (at their own will and for violations);
- Чср - average number of staff.
The data for the calculation is taken for the same period. All the values used are characteristic for each company, which makes this formula universal for all types of organizations.
How often is it necessary to calculate the coefficient of staff turnover? It can be considered once a year and in the dynamics to monitor how the situation is changing: its value increases or decreases. This allows you to analyze and identify the reasons for the dismissal of staff.
What is the meaning of the indicator
The coefficient of staff turnover depends on the adaptation of employees. If, at the end of the analysis, it is revealed that frequent layoffs occur within a short period of time after acceptance of a person for work, then it is in an improperly designed system of adaptation, so that a new employee can not join the team. Equally rare is mobbing. That is, the collective negatively views the new colleague and tries to "survive" by all possible means. These are the most frequent reasons for the high turnover of staff among beginners.
The indicator can be calculated by department. In this case, the staff turnover factor allows to identify the shortcomings of department heads and unsuccessful innovations for workers. In the latter case, there will be a gradual increase in the number of layoffs after the introduction of changes. In turn, this indicates dissatisfaction with one's duties, and this can be changed if you contact employees (for example, by voting, interview or general meeting).
Norm for businesses
The coefficient of staff turnover, the formula for calculating which is presented above, has its own normative value. If it fluctuates within 3-5%, then the management of the organization has nothing to worry about. This indicates a natural update of the staff, and not about problems in the management or team.
If the turnover factor is much higher than 5%, then it is an occasion to take decisive measures to stabilize the situation with personnel. If this issue is not paid attention, then in the future, the company may have problems with further development. In the worst case, the company can complete its activities. Constant updating of the personnel does not promote good work, but, on the contrary, reduces its pace due to constant training.
Do not forget that the high turnover of staff - it's financially very expensive. Companies need to post recruitment announcements, cooperate with recruitment agencies, conduct interviews, determine probation periods that not everyone can pass through.
Measures to reduce staff turnover
As such measures it is difficult to recommend anything, except for the general proposals:
- Improvement of the adaptation system. Allow new employees to get used to work and staff more quickly. Reduce the likelihood of a staff member in the first year.
- Convenient work schedule. A working day of standard duration, availability of a lunch break and technical breaks during the day.
- Material incentive. Bonus on the results of work, before the holidays, at the end of the year or an important project.
- Intangible incentives. Honor board with photos of the best employees of the week, etc.
- Attentive to the problems of employees. Work is always above all, but employees are still people, and they also sometimes need help or the opportunity, for example, to leave early once a week.
- Measures for team building. Corporate holidays, thematic meetings, fairs, sporting events. People should communicate on an equal footing, which will provide an opportunity to get to know each other better and work faster.
- Perspective of career growth for everyone. The opportunity to get a promotion to any employee, not just from the number of close to the boss.
- Improvement of working conditions. Modern technology, licensed programs, the possibility of obtaining technical support, timely provision of stationery.
At each specific enterprise, their activities are developed. To learn about what the collective wants is possible in a quick and easy way of anonymous questioning.
Combating problems that at first glance are not solvable
In some regions, the main reason for the dismissal of employees is the need for housing. Not every company can provide a place in the hostel, not to mention a service apartment or house. Such problems should be solved, of course, not at the level of the company's management, but, rather, in the administration of the city or the subject of the federation. In this case, it may work out such a variant of material incentives for employees, as a partial (or full - depending on the company's budget) payment of rented housing.
In any case, do not ignore the value of the coefficient in question, so as not to jeopardize the work of the organization. All correctly selected and introduced measures will allow to bring the staff turnover rate back to normal, which will ensure a stable profit, well-coordinated work of the team and a reduction in the costs of finding, recruiting, hiring and training new employees.