Chinese Tea Te Guan Yin - Oolong medium fermentation. It is a beautiful drink that has a rich taste, a magical fragrance and a memorable aftertaste. A feature of this type of tea is the ability to brew it up to ten times, provided that the cooking mode is followed and special utensils are used.
origin of name
The legend that tells about the appearance of this magic plant says that once in Anxi lived a devout elderly peasant who daily performed the ritual of offering cups with a tea drink to the goddess Guan Yin and watching the order in her abandoned church. Once Kuan Yin came to him in a dream and pointed to the place behind the temple, where the treasure was located.The old man should share the found wealth with the people. The next morning the peasant found a tea bush in the place indicated, which he dug up and was transplanted to his own garden. When the old man prepared a drink from the leaves of this plant, he was captivated by divine taste and aroma. The name of this sort of tea was given in honor of the goddess - Te Kuan Yin.
How to brew this drink? Below, detailed instructions will be given for proper preparation of the infusion.
Description of Oolong Te Kuan Yin
The processed tea leaf takes the form of small hard lumps of irregular shape. The color varies from dark green to gently emerald with sandy hues. Chainaki Te Guan Yin in appearance shiny, heavy, have a curved shape, reddish veins and a barely noticeable white fuzz. When brewing leaves completely blossom and give the drink the aroma of the newly blossomed lilac, melon, apricot, honey and orchid notes. From cup to cup it will change, but it will remain thin, light, unobtrusive and multifaceted. The taste of tea is rich and consists of five elements. It simultaneously contains bitterness, sweetness, spice, acuity and a little salt. In this combination is the uniqueness of Oolong Te Kuan Yin. The aftertaste of the drink differs freshness, brightness, the presence of honey notes. It depends on the time of collection of the tea leaf by Te Kuan Yin. How to brew it correctly, will be described below.
Keep the ready oolong tea at low temperature. For sale it is necessary to use vacuum packing. This will preserve the taste and flavor of the collection, as well as its useful, inherent only Te Kuan Yin, properties.
Rules for the collection of tea leaves
Around the capital of the southern Chinese province of Fujian, Anxi, the tea plantations of Te Kuan Yin tea, the properties of which are truly curative, stretch. The leaf of this plant differs fleshiness among its brethren, which makes it possible to prepare a high-quality semi-fermented oolong tea. Collection of leaves is carried out at a time when they have completely blossomed.
Tea Te Kuan Yin is divided into four categories depending on the time of its collection:
- spring (April-May);
- year-old (June-July);
- collected in the "Great Heat" season (August);
- autumn (September-October).
Sheets collected in the spring and autumn are considered better. Spring drink has a more gentle and mild flavor, and autumn - rich and tart.
The quality of the drink is influenced by the height of the growth of the tea bush. The more it is, the better it will be tea. Also, the soil features and the microclimate are important.
For Te Kuan Yin collect a mature and large sheet. It is especially important not to damage the sheet during collection.
How to produce Te Kuan Yin
The leaf of this variety is dense and fleshy, which contributes to giving a unique taste to oolong tea. It is kept for five years in large jars of clay. Once a year, the sheet can be heat treated on coals. The duration of the process is thirty hours. This is exclusively a manual work, which is controlled by a high-class craftsman. At the output, an amazing oolong of medium fermentation with tea leaves, which have an attractive luster.
This tea is unique due to the special technology with which the sheet is processed to the state of "red edge, green leaf". This means that the fermentation is partial, mainly along the edge, which allows to save a large amount of vitamins, creates conditions for the appearance of essential oils and compounds, which subsequently give the drink a unique taste and original flavor.
The content of nutrients in tea Te Guan Yin
In China, this oolong is called a medicine for one hundred diseases, because it contains a large number of amino acids, vitamins, minerals and polyphenols, which are very useful for the human body. The main useful elements are:
Healing properties of oolong tea
Thanks to the huge amount of useful substances, Te Guan Yin helps to remove toxins from the body, helps to lose weight, reduces the risk of cancer, improves the cardiovascular system. He also leads to the normal function of the digestive system, soothingly acts on the gastric mucosa.This tea drink helps to speed up the healing process for colds and just keep warm in the cold season. With regular use of infusion, the pressure normalizes, the skin rejuvenates and renews, and the complexion improves.
Tie Guan Yin. How to brew?
In the homeland of this drink, the process of preparing infusion is treated with special trepidation. And this is justified. After all, in order to fully experience the taste and aroma of oolong and preserve all the useful substances, you need to know how to properly brew Te Guan Yin.A prerequisite is the use of quality water and the availability of a set of special dishes, the main components of which are:
- chahe - capacity, allowing to inhale the aroma of dry tea leaves, to admire its appearance;
- kettle (gaiwan) - serves directly for brewing the drink, its volume is 150-200 milliliters;
- a kettle of "justice" - a vessel for pouring tea on cups;
- tea desk.
Below is described in what sequence and how to brew Te Kuan Yin tea:
- Bring water to a boil. To heat the dishes used in the ceremony, you need to rinse it with boiling water.
- To warm the gaiwan. To do this, pour hot water into it about half, and after 15-20 seconds pour it into the kettle of "justice", then pour it into cups, and from them pour from above on the teapot to warm it from the outside.
- Pour into Te Kaan Yin Chahe, enjoy its aroma and appearance, after pour 7-8 grams of oolong tea into a warmed teapot. In a warm vessel, the leaf will slowly open and give away its fragrance. In order to appreciate this magical smell, you need to shake a little gaiwan and open the lid, inhaling this rich flavor.
- It's time to pour dry tea leaf with hot water at a temperature of 90-95 ° C. After 30 seconds, this first infusion should be poured into the kettle of "justice", then poured into cups and poured on gaiwan. The first brewing is not necessary to drink, because it is designed to wake up the tea leaves and free from tea dust and other contaminants.
- Again pour hot water into the teapot, leave for 45-50 seconds. Pour the resulting drink into the kettle of "justice", from there pour into cups and enjoy the initial, pronounced taste of Te Kuan Yin.
How to brew a drink in the following times? Act similarly, only gradually increase the time of infusion.
This oolong can be brewed up to ten times. And each subsequent cup of the drink will differ from the previous one with taste and aroma.
Those Guan Yin gives peace, harmony and relaxation. You can enjoy this magic drink both alone and in the company of friends. The Chinese believe that Te Kuan Yin is better suited to receive guests than any other varieties, because openness and kindness are awakening in a person over a cup of this drink.