Carp is considered an intelligent, interesting and cautious fish. Therefore, for a real angler, such a trophy is a great achievement and brings the sporting joy of victory, especially if a specimen weighing more than ten kilograms is caught. Carp is one of the main fish in Europe. He lives up to fifty years old, growing up all this time and has unpredictable behavior and strong resistance when he dies. Carp tackle should be first and foremost reliable.
Donka - a traditional device for fishing. It also suits carp hunting. Not differing in particular elegance, the donkey in all elements has a margin of strength, which is necessary for the survival of a strong fish. The bottom gear for carp fishing includes:
- Spinning rod (duralumin or fiberglass) with a length of 2.1 to 3 m.
- The inertial coil with friction brake and bytraner. Its dimensions should provide the amount of fishing line required for long casting, and its easy descent when casting.
- Monofilament nylon fishing line with a diameter of 0.3-0.35 mm, which, with sufficient extensibility, extinguishes the carp's jerks during vyvazhivanii.
- Leashes for donkeys, which are often made of woven cord, although monoscales are used up to 0.25 mm in diameter.
- Hooks No. 10-12, if fishing is supposed to be a joker or sponge, and No. 6-8 for catching carp for large baits: worms, peas or corn.
- A feeder, since catching on carp is impossible without bait. For donkeys, such self-made devices are most often used: a nipple, a spring and a mackintosh.
The equipment of the carp fishing rod is hooks, leashes and feeding troughs.
One of the main exciting moments of fishing is the uninterrupted observation of the float. Therefore, for catching carp, you can pick up a float tackle.
- Match the rod length from 3.6 to 4.5 m. Tackle shorter length does not allow to reduce the strong jerks of the fish. Long rod uncomfortable when playing big fish. There are special carp tackle length 3.9 m – the most difficult and powerful of all the float.
- The inertial coil for long casting.
- Monofilament fishing line diameter 0,22-0,30 mm, can withstand weight up to 12 kg and a length up to 150 m. And wound it must be to the edge of the spool to facilitate unwinding when casting. Thick fishing line visible in the water, and a careful carp they are not suitable.
- The float should be small and inconspicuous, light and sensitive, some anglers use the usual quill pen.
- A set of small sinkers in the form of lead pellets, since catching usually occurs in standing water or in a weak current. A heavy sinker can lie in the silt together with the bait.
- Hook No. 2-6, which can be fastened without leashes to the main line.
Floaters rarely use leashes. They attach the hook to the main line. And this is reasonable, since the leash reduces the sensitivity of the tackle.
The feed tackle is distinguished by the high sensitivity of the rod and the precise feeding of the bait over long distances. It includes:
- Feeder pole that is selected for a specific area of the reservoir. Not many anglers fishing on large reservoirs, where the need for ultra-long casts with heavy tackle. Usually enough for small ponds fishing rods of length up to 3.3 m with a test load of 60 g, while carpatica recommend and longer (up to 4 m). This is a gear heavy class with a set of tips of different sensitivity.
- The inertial coil with bytraner and spools in the size of 3000-3500.
- A monofilament fishing line with a diameter of 0.25-0.28 mm and a length of at least 150 m.
- Leash from a transparent fluorocarbon fiber fishing line with a diameter of 0.2-0.22 mm. Its length depends on the bite, the worse it is, the longer the leash should be.
- Hooks number 8-10.
The feeder can be caught on streams, in standing water and in places with a muddy bottom. For fishing on the current, you can use the "helicopter and two knots" equipment. In standing water, it is better to use a universal asymmetric loop, and on the muddy bottom - the paternoster or "helicopter". It is not difficult for even a newcomer to make such carp equipment with his own hands.
Features of carp behavior
Each of the gears catches the carp perfectly, it is important to apply it with understanding. Successful fishing depends not only on tackle, but also on the knowledge of the behavior of fish in certain conditions at different times of the year. It comes with experience.
The behavior of carp depends on the availability of food, heat, oxygen dissolved in water and safety. In spring, fishing is carried out in the areas of water bodies where the water warms up after the winter, and good illumination is observed, which affects the activation of the processes in the body of fish after wintering. With the onset of summer, the illumination regime changes, water becomes warmer, the amount of oxygen in it decreases, and the carp becomes flaccid, the bib is reluctant. Therefore at this time of year it is better to catch it in the early morning or in places where cold keys are beaten.
In the beginning of autumn, the carp fills fat before wintering, densely feeds and actively bites in search of a rich fodder. The lower the water temperature falls, the less fish you need. Carp in the afternoon is heated in shallow water in the last rays of the sun. But after freezing, a part of the natural food dies, and some go to depth. A shortage of food begins, and the carp, after the leaving fodder, also sinks to the bottom, stumbles into dense flocks and falls into anabiosis. With any slight increase in temperature, the fish comes to life and begins to look for food, frightening off weaker and smaller individuals from it.
The cave becomes active when the water is saturated with oxygen. This happens with the onset of coolness, in early autumn. With the first colds, the algae begin to rot and die, the water becomes more transparent, and the carp, in search of secluded places, leaves from once hospitable thickets to a depth.
Requirements for carp equipment
With the increase in the popularity of carp fishing, not only the appropriate tackles appeared, but also special supports for rods, tents, chairs and cots. Fishing gear with the adjective "carp" do not fundamentally differ from the usual ones. Unless the strength of hooks and rods increased, the sensitivity of the bite indicators, the softness of the materials of the leashes. But carp well-known equipment not only improved, but many new ones were invented. When they began to use devices for ultra-long casts and strong bait-boilies, there was also the opportunity to deliver long-distance bait and bait.
Carp equipment is not just a set of weights, leashes and hooks, but the installation of these elements, which allows for long and super long casts to deliver to a given point on the bottom of the reservoir bait and bait so that the leashes do not overwhelm and entangle the line. The rig should pass even the most cautious barking signals on the rod and ensure self-cutting of the fish.
Carpal hair accessories
The English are considered the ancestors of carp fishing and, accordingly, of many kinds of equipment for it, including hair. Because the carp sucks the bait, but does not throw on it, then it can feel the metal. In fishing for hair snap hook bait is not planted - the fish first swallows hard bait, and only then comes the turn to the hook, and self-cut occurs. Russian carp watermen began to actively use hair harness when they began to use solid baits in fishing. This device was liked by anglers so much that a lot of its modifications appeared on the Russian reservoirs.
The classic carp hair accessory includes:
- Hair, in the quality of which can be used as a braid, and a mono-tree. A soft, small diameter braid allows the lure to naturally move in the water.
- A hook that must be sharp and always strong.
- Mounting elements for fixing the attachment to the hair.
Bait can be fixed at different distances from the hook, or close to it in an English version – at a distance of 4 see best when in the Arsenal of the angler is prepared with carp hair rig, with his hands gathered in several versions for different conditions of fishing with different bait.
Mounting of hair accessories
The hair accessories include:
- a classic carp hook with chemical sharpening to ensure fast self-clipping of the fish at the slightest movement;
- lap material, which must ensure the rotation of the hook around the axis;
- silicone tube for aligning the hair in one direction with the hook;
- mounting needle;
- plastic stoppers that hold the bait so that it does not slip off the hair.
How to make carp a snap? Cut a piece of flood material with a length of about 20 cm on one end to fit the loop. Reef knot with three turns is used to set the retainer. A piece of silicone tube with a length of about 3 mm with the mounting needle is placed on the pedestrian material. The free end of the fishing line is held in the eyelet of the hook towards the tip, six turns wrapped around the forearm of the hook with a length of about 3 cm at the end which made the loop, and again threaded in the ring towards the tip. Silicone tube gently stretches the forearm. Here and ready carp hair accessories. The photo increases the installation so much that you can see how the properly assembled structure should look. Instead of swiveling the corn kernels with a mounting needle, they are placed directly on the hair, then a plastic stopper is installed.
Equipment for catching by the feeder
The feeder tackle is intended for catching fish at long distances, which means that the bait must be thrown into the fishing point. Carp equipment with a feeder is assembled for this purpose. The most popular design, with which it is recommended to start inexperienced anglers, is the paternoster. It has many modifications, the most famous of which is the Gardner loop. Steve Gardner - repeated champion in fishing in England, a recognized master among athletes and amateurs. He began to knit a loop not with a triple knot, but with a double figure eight, which is executed very quickly.
Benefits of Gardner's (paternoster) loop:
- Simplicity and speed of manufacturing. On the shore with a break in the rigging it is very important to quickly and without problems link a new one.
- One swivel in the construction, which is placed on the trough. In the classical version, you can do without it, by tying all the rigging right on the main line. But in this case, the mobile replacement will not work.
- Absence of overlap. Leash rarely goes beyond the main line, that is, you can not be afraid of its entanglement.
To understand how to knit carp snap, and any, you need to practice several times, performing a certain sequence of actions:
- The main line is threaded through the rings on the rod, starting from the top, and is wound on a spool. At the free end, runs small, diameter not exceeding 30 mm, loop. The line at that place moistened with water, fit the same node by double eight and much delayed.
- The second loop is performed about 150 mm from the first. Its length is 100 mm, and the diameter allows to pass the chosen feeder.
- A leash is attached to the leash, and the leash is attached to the main line.
- A large feeder is attached to the large loop. The installation can be done by "looping into a loop" or by means of a fastener.
Equipment for bottom fishing
Donka is not intended for sport fishing, nor is it its equipment. There are three types of carp equipment for this kind of fishing: a spring, a nipple and a mackerel.
A sporting analogue of these rigs is the installation of the "Method".
To make carp equipment with their own hands, you need a feeder in the form of a spring, a braided cord for leashes, two or four hooks.
The feeder-spring is attached to the main line, fixed with a bead or rubber stopper. At an equal distance from each other along the circumference of the spring hooks with hooks are mounted. Their length should be approximately 70 mm. The hooks are loaded with bait.
In the snap, which is called the pacifier, the hook is hidden in the bait, in a consistency reminiscent of clay. The fish eats the bait in the bird feeder and swallows the hook. This tool is very catchy, on the verge of poaching, it makes it possible to extract carp with a self-made fish, so it is not interesting for true lovers of fishing passion.
The sweeper is considered to be one of the simplest and most catchy snap-ins. For its production a fishing line of 0.4-0.6 mm is used, a pair of hooks, a fastener for leashes, a bead, a swivel, a sinkhole "dovetail" or "horseshoe".
A sinker is put on the line, the knot is tied, a bead for the stopper is put at a distance of 5-15 cm from the knot. To connect to the base, a swivel is attached to the end of the line. A branch with a knot is threaded into the hole, which is centered in a piece of makuhi. At its end is fastened a clasp with leashes, where the hooks are tied. The latter are stuck in the makuhu or left open to the nozzle.
Carp equipment for silt bottom
A muddy bottom in shallow water is a large number of river and lake microorganisms, and, consequently, the place of feeding carp. His food, as a rule, hides in the mud at a depth of about half a meter.
Experienced anglers are advised to use a long leash, fetch a tungsten paste is that it is positioned horizontally and as close to the bottom. Normal florocarbon leash can rise above. When fishing this tooling sinker hiding in the silt, while the hook attachment remains on the surface or in the upper layers. On the muddy bottom of great carp shows itself hair accessories. To handle the need to use floating or nataliopravde. Possible to wear palsboll Boyle of cork ("the snowman") to the lure sank in the silt.
Ready-made carp equipment Safe Zone Kamo Leader Helicopter / Chod Rig is supplemented by a cork ball, which is installed above the link of rotation. Sinker like a flat pear with a carabiner is installed on the suspension, the length of which depends on the thickness of the silt layer.
You can mount the carp equipment for fishing on the bottom of the muddy bottom with your own hands. A piece of fluorocarbon fiber fishing line 0.25-0.35 mm in diameter (the thickness depends on the weight of the feeder) and a length of 500 mm doubles. At the folded end, a loop with a swivel is mounted, onto which the load-feeder is attached. After 150 mm from the loop, two knots are knitted by a figure of eight, the distance between them being approximately 10 mm. At the end of the leash a small loop is made. The leash itself is fastened between two eights with the help of a hinge loop. So it can freely rotate around its axis. A leash is attached to the leash. The homemade "helicopter" design is ready for operation.
What is the finished rig? Carp equipment for beginners can be made up of a fairly large list:
- ready leashes from fluorocarbon - devices with imposed hooks, where their size and length of the line correspond to each other;
- leashes with rigid swivels;
- finished loops from ice;
- equipped with a sword;
- feeders of various sizes and weights with ready-made leashes of different lengths;
- carp equipment with boilies;
- a tooling for carp with a spring for filling the bait.
Advantages of ready rigging and assembly
The effectiveness of fishing depends on the quality of the rig. Modern carp installation - the design is quite complicated.To buy ready-made carp equipment means to purchase a quality installation that meets the requirements:
- high strength of the whole structure;
- availability of quality hooks;
- imperceptibility and strength of connecting elements;
- guaranteed efficiency in reservoirs with stagnant water and in rivers regardless of the weather conditions.
Carp rigging and self-assembly are not so difficult to make. Moreover, the universality inherent in ready-made structures is often unnecessary. After all, most anglers (about the athletes are not talking) is fishing on specific reservoirs using convenient gear. A fantasy and a variety of improvised materials will help in creating a trap for hunting "freshwater pig", as they call a plump carp.