Fast food is now more common than ever. This is due to the overall employment of the population, who wants to get everything as soon as possible, literally "on the run." Owners of fast food points are happy to help them in this - they are trying to offer something new, to interest potential customers. These are hot dogs, and corn dogs, and cone pizza, and falafel, and shawarma. However, in most cases, the emphasis is on unsweetened, rather heavy and high-calorie food. What about the children? They are in most cases the "engine" of trade - parents are willing to indulge in the name of their contentment and their peace of mind.For such cases there are trays with frozen ice cream, but is this spoiled public enough? In addition, the composition of ice cream is not always happy - parents are inclined to refuse the child, if they consider the treat harmful to his health.
In the Russian market, a new direction - caramel apples - is just beginning to gain popularity. Surely everyone has seen this dessert in American films more than once. Appearance and composition of this dessert is able to attract both children and adults, plus, this type of product looks very fresh against the bored fast food.
A bit of history
Caramel apples appeared in the Far East due to their practicality - the fruit needed to increase the shelf life. Otherwise, there would be nothing to trade with - the product would not survive a long delivery time. As everyone knows, sugar is a preservative, it allows you to keep food longer. From the East, apples migrated to Europe, and from there to America, becoming a cult dish.Over time, the recipe has undergone changes - caramel becomes more soft and less crispy, which simplifies the process of eating. Today, these apples are no less effective than donuts, thanks to the decor and serving.
Prospects and features
By and large, caramel apples (photos) consist of whole fruits of the correct form on a wooden stick, sugar, sugar syrup and water. Well, sprinkles. And there is very little sugar there, as the syrup envelops the apple with a thin layer, just giving it a taste.The apple itself is practically not subjected to heat treatment. Acquiring food, people eventually eat just fresh fruit. Hence no seriousness in the abdomen, minimal contraindications and even benefit.
The plus is that these apples are nowhere to be found - entrepreneurs underestimate their potential, because the production is too simple, as is the finished product. Also the benefit is that caramel apples will be most popular in street trading. That is, you will not have to pay a lot of money for renting a room.
However, it is a double-edged sword - sales on the street are seasonal, that is, apples can be sold only in the warm season.
The cost price of one such apple - a maximum of 10-12 rubles, while the retail price - a minimum of 50 rubles. If you fill your hand in cooking and provide customers with a quality, delicious and beautiful product, then the initial costs will pay off very quickly.
In order to cook apples, it is enough to purchase the following list of equipment:
- Caramelizer. As you can see from the name, this is an apparatus that will cook caramel for the subsequent processing of fruits. Depending on the manufacturer and the performance, prices can vary at times. For example, the Russian device, capable of issuing at a time 2.5 kg of caramel per hour, will cost a maximum of 20 thousand rubles. The American, issuing at the time 4 kg of glaze (at the output: caramel apples in the amount of 100 pieces / hour), will cost 65 thousand rubles. Of course, both materials and wear resistance of equipment are directly proportional to the price.
- Mobile trolley for caramelizer and blanks. A two-wheelstand with a connector for a caramel machine will cost an average of 20 thousand rubles.
- How to make caramel apples without chopsticks. Optionally, you can buy a machine that pushes fruit on wooden sticks. Of course, this can be done manually, but it will be easier and faster to work if the process is automated. If necessary, you can buy later, after assessing the demand for products. The average price for the Russian Federation is 17 thousand rubles.
- Raw materials - sugar, fruit, concentrate for caramel, sticks, decorative sprinkles. The cost is determined by the average prices for the region.
China or not China?
In the process of selecting equipment, all are guided by the same principle - cheaper, but more qualitative. The most "close people" on the price are the positions of Chinese production. Further, according to the growing - Russia and the United States. How to be? Consider the pros and cons.
- China. Inexpensive, but the cat is in a poke. This equipment can work for years or will start to issue problems after a couple of months. Repair and service is subject to. According to general statistics, the season can survive without problems.
- Russia. More expensive by 15-20% on average. Warranty and parts. On average, enough for 1-2 years.
- USA. More expensive than Chinese equipment at least 50%. The average service life is 5 years.
Principle of operation
How to cook caramel apples? Business on their base does not require any special knowledge and chefs, as the cooking process is outrageous. We will describe as completely as possible.
- Preliminary treatment of raw materials. It consists of thorough washing of apples, removal of the wax layer and drying. On food consumables it is not recommended to save, as they form the taste of the final product.
- Stringing fruit on wooden sticks. Earlier, we designated the device for this purpose, but if you want to save money at the initial stages of business development, you can string and manually.
- Preparation of caramel in the caramelizer. To do this, in the proportion indicated on the package, concentrate concentrate for caramel, sugar and water. All this is cooked for 24-25 minutes before reaching a temperature of 159 degrees. Separately it is worth noting concentrate for caramel - this is a special mixture, thanks to which caramel apples acquire a "proper" coating - strong, but flexible, convenient for eating and non-marring. It has a number of tastes to choose from. Practice shows that berry varieties are most in demand.
- Application of caramel to apples.
- Spreading (chocolates, nuts, chocolate) on still sticky caramel.
Reviews and place on the market
Of course, it is scary to start something new, not particularly known to the masses, but the business "Caramel apples" reviews are very bright. This is due to both the unfamiliarity of food on the Russian market, and the general love of people for food and entertainment.
According to entrepreneurs, fruit is in demand in places of congestion of idle people. These are all kinds of squares, fairs, festivals and parks. They are especially good in that there are always a lot of children there. And what parent can resist the request to buy not chips, not a hot dog, but such a useful and tasty apple, albeit with a little sugar on top?
Also the product is in demand in catering. Under this word is meant the onsite service of events, or rather the provision of food. Mobile caramel apples are a business for not very rich, but promising and sociable people.
Caramel apples at home
What if I want to please the family with apples? Do not buy the same set of equipment for this, right? You can do it on your own. In order to make this meal at home, you will need the following products:
- apples (preferably sweet and sour for contrast) - 3 pieces;
- white sugar - 200 grams;
- water - 25 grams;
- corn syrup (or glucose syrup) - 70 grams;
- wooden sticks for shish kebab - 3 pcs .;
- at will - sprinkling, food coloring (for greater eparativeness).
The preparation of caramel apples begins with the apples themselves. Rinse and dry them, nibble on sticks. Set it aside.
Mix sugar in a saucepan with a thick bottom, syrup, water and dye (if you add it, a couple of drops will suffice). Cook over low heat until the sugar dissolves.
Increase the fire to a strong one and, without interfering, bring caramel to 130 degrees. Remove from the plate, as it will begin to burn. Immediately lower the apples in caramel by turns, turning on the stick along its axis to achieve a uniform, smooth caramel coating. Take care that the caramel is not too thick. Otherwise, it will be difficult. While caramel is soft, you can roll it on the powder. To do this, it is better to take something appetizingly crispy, such as roasted nuts. Allow to cool completely and here they are - caramel apples! Feedback and enthusiasm from loved ones will let you know that you have not lost.