Own home is the dream of many. In it you can live a large family. Of course, like any building, it needs from time to time major repairs. Finishing is needed not only in the inner rooms, but also in the outer walls. For the last point you should choose high-quality materials. It's about choosing a mortar like facade plaster.
The main purpose
Any facade putty is a solution, which in its consistency resembles a thick paste. Its main purpose is to smooth the surfaces that can be made from:
- foam block;
- decorative stone;
- gypsum boards and various other materials.
With such a putty, you can remove cracks on the walls. According to its consistency, the solutions are divided into two main groups:
Let's consider each species separately and examine their features and disadvantages.
This building material is different in its consistency. The solution has a finely divided structure. Used before decorative wall decoration. The treated surface is smooth and smooth. The required application thickness is about 4 mm. In comparison with another type, the façade finish coat is not very strong.
Next on the waiting list the next kind of putty is waiting for us. The starting construction mixture differs from the finish grade with the following characteristics:
- it is allowed to trim only the lower part of the wall;
- good adhesion to any surface;
- have coarse-grained structure;
- it is easy to fix all irregularities on the wall.
The recommended thickness of the puttying is from 2 to 20 mm.
In modern building stores can meet the facade putty universal. It contains all the qualities of the finish and starting mixes. The only thing you need to know when buying such a mixture - not recommended for finishing the exterior walls of the house.
Remember! Finishing and starting putties have the same qualities:
Now we can proceed to the next question. Putty for facade works is divided into several main groups, which we will consider in more detail and study all the shortcomings and dignities.
It is used only for outdoor works. They include the following substances:
- quartz sand;
- marble dust;
- synthetic polymers.
It has the following positive qualities:
- well tolerates moisture and any temperature difference;
- democratic value;
- it is easy to use.
But along with all the advantages there are some drawbacks:
- gives strong shrinkage;
- after application, cracks appear.
We now turn to the study of the following type, to which the façade plaster is applied. Its price is much higher than the previous price and is about 3000 rubles per 25 kg. Used to cover the walls of concrete and simply plastered surfaces. The following positive qualities are available:
- increased strength;
- moisture resistance;
- easy to prepare the mixture.
Its main disadvantages are also revealed:
- the need to apply in several stages, the number of which depends on the quality of the walls;
- it is necessary to treat the finished surface in a respirator.
Here we have reached the main representative, which includes façade plaster. The price of latex building material is about 4200 rubles. It is produced in the form of a ready-made paste, which has no odor and does not emit harmful substances. It has the following features:
- ecological compatibility;
- after drying, cracks do not appear.
But even such an expensive building material has its own drawback. And the name is high cost.
Available façade putty with many famous brands. Consider the main manufacturers:
- Plaster Ceresit. Produced on the basis of gypsum. It is better to use mix in warm weather. It is recommended to plant in small portions, as it dries quickly. Has a high frost resistance and durability.
- Facade plaster “Knauf”. Is a universal representative. Suitable for indoor and outdoor use. After applying shrinking. Well adgesiruta with different surfaces.
- Scanmix Plaster. Considered to be the starting species. Developed on the basis of cement. Has a high frost resistance and water resistance.
The manufacturers of façade putties do not end there. We reviewed the famous representatives. Now you can learn a master class on the correct application of the solution.
There are only two methods of applying façade putty:
- A manual method. Before that you need to check the wall for the presence of gross cracks. It is recommended that the surface is thoroughly washed and dried. To quality the adhesion between the solution and surface, be sure to carry out grounding. A solution according to the instructions specified on the package with putty.
- The mechanical method. This method is used much less frequently, because there are drawbacks: you need to carefully select the consistency of the finished mortar, and plaster is applied unevenly. After the apparatus is in some places still need to manually edit the surface. This method is carried out under pressure. Preparing a solution in the same machine, which causes it to the wall. The cost of such work is several times lower than that of manual method of application.
We have analyzed what the facade putty is. This kind is used for outdoor works and various surfaces. Now you know everything and even more about the types of solution, their manufacturers and all the features and disadvantages. And the correct application technology will help to evenly apply the mixture on the wall.