Bites of some insect species can be quite dangerous. These include, for example, mites. Sometimes people just do not know how to pull a tick from a person, where to put it after a bite, and make a mistake in the process of removing it from the body. There are several ways to extract a dangerous insect. However, some of them, which are persistently continued to tell each other, are not only unable to help, but can also further harm the person. Sometimes there are situations when parts of an insect's body remain in the skin. How to pull the head of a tick, its proboscis, or an insect completely right?
The article will help to understand this topic.
Mite - what is it?
This is a spider-like insect of the subclass of arthropods. Its size in a hungry state can reach five millimeters. The body of the tick consists of two parts and four pairs of paws. Not all species are parasites that feed on blood. But some, who are such, can become carriers of dangerous diseases.
The insect sees very badly. But his sense of smell is excellent. In particular, a hungry individual is able to feel a person ten meters from himself.
These insects can suck blood ten times more than their own body size. The abdomen is greatly enlarged and swollen. In the full state, the individual reaches up to one and a half centimeters in size. A hungry insect drinks blood not only from a man and an animal. If nearby it finds a well-fed individual like this, then calmly can take advantage of its "dinner" and suck the blood out of it.
Where do they live?
Usually mites live in the forest. Focusing on the tips of twigs, grass and leaves, they are ready to use every opportunity to cling to the edge of a person's clothing. If they succeed, they begin to move slowly to the open area of the skin.
How mites bite
Having overtaken the target, the insect is fixed in place with its paws, on which are located sharp claws and suckers, and pierces the skin with a proboscis, beginning to penetrate with all its body inside and drinking blood.
Since the insect's saliva contains an anesthetic, the bite will remain unnoticed for a long time. In addition, saliva can reduce blood coagulability. Therefore, the tick absorbs it without much difficulty.
Usually they bite where there are thin areas of skin, and there is enough blood. This is the neck, the head, where the hair grows, underarms and other places.
How to pull a tick from a person? It is good, if there is an opportunity immediately to address to experts in clinic. But what if there's nothing like that around? How to pull a tick at home and what is needed for this? Before you begin to answer this question, you need to figure out what you can not do in the first place in this situation.
The main mistakes that people make when biting insects
Not knowing how to get the mite right at home, people listen to the advice of others. Sometimes such recommendations, to put it mildly, are not effective, and can even cause additional harm. Here's how you can not extract an insect from the skin:
- You can not drastically or excessively pull the tick. Because of this, the proboscis can remain inside the skin.
- Dirty hands or tools can cause contamination.
- Do not try to crush the insect before removing it.
- Fill an area with the tick with oil and expect that it will pass by itself, is meaningless. The insect will suffocate and will remain in the body because the oil will clog the opening for his breathing. Moreover, in this situation, the tick may vomit all my saliva, and the danger of infection with diseases will increase significantly.
- Useless will be a cap with water, attached to the skin area. The insect will not get out there to swim.
- Cauterization with a cigarette, the application of any caustic liquid, such as ammonia, gasoline, vinegar, and so on, also will not bring the desired result.
And now about how to pull a tick from a person, without causing him any further harm. What to do after the insect is extracted from the skin?
How to remove a tick from a person
There are several ways for this.
1. If the hand was not anything suitable, you can try to remove the tick with your fingers. They need to be wrapped in a clean cloth and grab the insect as close to his head. If he managed to stick, you need to carefully, slowly, twisting it in different directions, so as to twist the tick easier when he is already firmly stuck in the skin. After this is successful, it is necessary to check if there are any residues in the body of the insect. But fingers to squeeze still highly undesirable. Better to find items for safer extraction of the insect.
2. Good for this purpose tweezers. With its help, grab the mite by the head and trunk, then begin to slowly pull.
3. There is also a way how to pull a tick with a thread. For this, a loop is made, the insect is tightened in it as closely as possible to the proboscis and alternately one or the other end extends.
4. There are special devices for extracting these insects, which can be purchased at the pharmacy. Outwardly they resemble the same tweezers, but they have folded ends, with which you can easily grab the mite and pull it out.
5. An ordinary syringe can serve as an easy means for this purpose. Suitable is insulin appearance. How to pull a tick with a syringe? Just need to cut off the tip, attach to the skin area with an insect and gradually pull the piston back toward you.
6. If the insect has managed to strongly suck, then it must be twisted. How to unscrew a tick? Gently untwist two or three times in one direction, grabbing the head. In doing so, you should try not to squeeze it.
What to do after this
After the mite is pulled out with a syringe or otherwise it was possible, the place of bite should be properly treated with antiseptic, iodine, alcohol or hydrogen peroxide. Do not destroy the insect after it was removed from the body.
It is advisable to give it to a study to be sure that there was no dangerous disease in this individual. To do this, the mite is placed in a jar. If it takes a lot of time (up to two days) to hand over to the laboratory, then you need to put a damp cloth in the jar.
If the proboscis remained inside
If the mite was not pulled out completely and the proboscis or head remained inside, then there is nothing terrible in it.
You can try to get a head with a disinfected needle. It will not be more difficult to do this than to extract a splinter. Just as you pull the head of the tick, you can get rid of the remaining proboscis in the skin.
What threat does the tick bite carry?
The bite of this insect can carry with it the most serious consequences. A person can become infected with dangerous diseases, the carrier of which is an insect.
The heaviest of them are encephalitis and borreliosis. The first disease is especially dangerous, as its development can lead to the defeat of the nervous system with a fatal outcome. Currently, no treatment for this disease has been found. Only supportive therapy is possible.
Borreliosis, in turn, is dangerous because it can lead to damage to the heart, joints and other organs. However, if you get the proper treatment in time, you can avoid such serious consequences.
How not to give yourself a bite
To ensure that the mites do not have a chance to dig into the skin, the following measures must be taken.
- Going to the park or to the forest, you need to wear such clothes, so that it covers almost the entire body. Pants tuck into socks, and cuffs sleeves zipper. It is also desirable to cover the head with a headdress.
- Before you sit down on the grass, you need to lay the veil.
- Periodically, you should inspect clothing and body. Since the insect moves quite slowly, you can easily shake it off your clothes.
- There are vaccinations against encephalitis, which are done in early spring.
- You can use special repellent remedies that protect both from tick bites and other insects.
Remedies for ticks
Repellent means usually discourage parasites. They splash clothes and open skin areas, which insects prefer the most. One hundred percent guarantee that the tick will not bite a person, but it will not, but the chances that it will reach the desired site, the insect will almost not remain. In addition to aerosols, the products are released in the form of lotions and creams. The protective functions of the processed clothing will last for five to six days.