To pick up a highly effective tool for fastening the Bicycle can be based on the following requirements:
- It is desirable that a Bicycle lock had a rope whose length is more than 1.5 m. This will allow you to securely fasten not only the frame of two-wheeled vehicles, but the wheels, which often are the main target of attackers.
- To force the thief to once again suffer and increase their chances of timely detection of cracking allows the purchase of systems with as thick chains and ropes.
- To give preference it is recommended that locks with metal enclosures, which are difficult to break with a hammer or damage the cutters.
Standard types of fasteners
The main varieties of fasteners that are used in Bicycle locks, speakers cables and chains. Moreover, due to its insignificant weight, low cost and convenience in daily use you can often see a Bicycle lock with a cable.
Even the longest cables curl up into a spiral, easily twisted around the frame or seat post, taking up minimal space during transport. For example, quite popular Cyclotech Bicycle lock can be easily mounted on the seat through a special attachment.
With a cord length of several meters can tightly constrain any elements of the design of the bike. In the path of the cable allows to fix on the trunk a whole lot of things. However, even the longest bike a cable lock weighs less than 1 kg.
On the downside Bicycle anti-theft cable, with a slight thickness there is a high probability of cutting. This is good enough shear reinforcement. Well, to deal with the most subtle procrastination, the thief will require a conventional household pliers.
If we talk about the detail of the circuits, here the user should choose products made of carbide metal with a good padlock. Cheap iron chain of negligible thickness is not only easy to cut with a hacksaw on metal, and it is easy to break with bare hands.
However, the chain lock Bicycle anti-theft also has a clear disadvantage. The most reliable locks due to its significant thickness is characterized by impressive weight that is not too convenient in terms of transportation. The chain can easily damage the paint on the bike. So it is advisable to purchase locks with chains, closed fabric or plastic covers.
As practice shows, the old cylinder and lever locks are not too high degree of reliability. If you have experience skillful hackers reveal such systems using conventional wire. A more effective alternative would be the lock bike combination.
Most combination locks have a shockproof metal casing and sophisticated encryption. The main advantage here is no need to carry a key. The most important thing to remember code value.
Anti-theft system mounts an arcuate shape is difficult to cut with scissors or a hacksaw. Moreover, U-shaped grippers, it is impossible to straighten with a crowbar.
The downside of this solution is considered the inability to attach a bike to a tree or a wide column in the absence of special elastance. In this case, the only option left is attaching the bike to any metal fence along with the frame and rear wheel.
It is worth to add that the locks with U-shaped clamps most are bulky products. Therefore, they are inconvenient to carry on the bike frame.
Stoppers on the wheel
Eccentric in design of two-wheeled vehicles are very practical when you need rapid dismantling of individual parts during maintenance and repair. Unfortunately, for criminals who prey mainly behind the wheels of a bike, this creates additional convenience. To solve the problem allows the application of the ring to the wheel stoppers.
Will help to understand how to use a Bicycle lock, manual. The first step is to secure the lock ring around the rim of the wheel. Then you need to shut the lock and lock anti-theft tool. In the end, worth the extra time to check how securely the lock. Approximately the same principle applies lock for Bicycle chain.
Naturally, the stoppers on the wheels can not be called perfect anti-theft tool. Indeed, if desired, the attacker can carry bike on your shoulder or load into the car. However, the blocker takes up minimal space, are light weight and are easy to operate. The most efficient way to use these locks in combination with other common systems.
Often Bicycle theft happens in the most crowded places. To attract the attention of passers-by at the right moment to frighten the intruder allows the installation of Bicycle sound alarm.
Most models of signaling systems for two-wheeled vehicles are extremely annoying sound. Even wearing a relatively unreliable Bicycle lock with alarm would be a fairly tough nut to crack for the attacker.
The cost of such means of preventing theft starts at 10.e. In the presence of a remote control price alarm may be slightly higher.
To reduce the likelihood of theft of the bike enough to pay attention to the following tips:
- Attackers with experience will find the approach to any lock, regardless of the situation. Therefore, you should not leave the bike unattended for a long time, especially at night.
- It is a mistake to believe that expensive, high quality lock will guarantee the absolute protection of the bike. Anti-theft systems exist to prevent theft, as professional burglars do not like to give up.
- To better protect the bike in the Parking lot, it is recommended to use several different types of locks simultaneously. For example, using a long chain or cable to lock the wheels and frame to attach to a Parking rack with a U-shaped grip.
- To intimidate intruders, you can use a series of light locking systems. Seeing tangles framework, cables and chains, the burglar will surely decide to find easier prey.