Some cottage owners still use ordinary wooden flooring with a slotted hole as an outdoor toilet. However, a comfortable similar design can be called a big stretch. Therefore, more and more often responsible owners install a summer toilet over a cesspool.
If the installation of plumbing in the house does not cause any particular difficulties due to the provided opportunity to connect appliances to the water supply, what about the organization of the toilet on the street? Let's try to thoroughly understand this issue.
What should be a toilet for a country toilet?
For a start it is worth getting an idea about the nature of the future dacha toilet. To do this, pay attention to the following points:
- Country toilet should not be something intricate. You can do here without buying ceramics, installing drain sensors, and so on. The main criterion is a special simplicity.
- You should not get too expensive country toilet. Indeed, in winter, the site remains for a long time unattended.
- It is desirable that the outdoor cottage toilet without the drain system. Otherwise, the sump will fill up too quickly with sewage, which will necessitate regular cleaning.
- To organize the toilet should be in such a way that the toilet just installed and dismantled. This feature will be useful if necessary to empty the same cesspool or septic tank.
When it comes to organizing a simple outdoor toilet, the choice is primarily a plastic cottage toilet. Ceramic and faience products are distinguished by increased weight. Therefore, their installation looks rational only when organizing a capital toilet with a floor covering in the form of a concrete screed.
Plastic toilet - a very popular option among summer residents. Such models are characterized by low weight, ease of operation and ease of installation in wooden toilets.
Criterias of choice
What parameters deserve special attention when choosing a country toilet? It is worth noting here:
- Lack of bowl in the design.
- Having the ability to securely fasten on a wooden base.
- Uncomplicated design, the features of which allow fast and regular processing of cleaning products.
How to independently install a summer toilet? The simplest option is to prepare a wooden base in the form of a kind of box.
Usually, to ensure a comfortable fit, it is enough to knock down a structure with a height of about 40-50 cm. In the upper part, a round hole is prepared in advance, the parameters of which correspond to the toilet bowl features. The latter is securely fixed on a wooden base with standard fasteners.
If the country toilet is located above the cesspool, in addition it is worth taking care to create ventilation. For this purpose, they often resort to the installation of a conventional plastic or metal pipe with a small exhaust fan, which runs from the power grid when visiting the closet.
The cost of simple ceramic toilets plain design, which is suitable for installation in the outdoor toilet, is about 2000 rubles. Therefore, if you want to afford such a "luxury" can almost every owner of suburban real estate.
As for the price of plastic models, a lot depends on the place of purchase and the manufacturer. It is quite natural that the purchase of a toilet on the market will cost less. However, here, most likely, you will have to sacrifice quality.
Hybrid products, specially designed for use in the country, which represent a toilet with an attached bucket, are a real budget solution. However, such options will not allow to feel comfort when visiting the country toilet.
If the country toilet is presented by a usual wooden small house, as a toilet bowl it is worth using a wooden frame with a plastic saddle. This solution will provide basic amenities. The preference of the ceramic model should be given only in the presence of a full septic tank, drainage system and ventilation.