When organizing your own business, it is necessary to take a competent approach to all issues related to this business. One of them is how to make a business plan.
Any project contains at its core some kind of idea, which in itself does not carry value, because every day most people give birth to dozens of ideas. Anyone could come to such a stage in life, when it arose, but for its realization there was not enough time, energy, or knowledge of how to properly draw up a business plan. It is for this purpose that it is worth finding out what it is, why it is necessary and how to approach it correctly. This information may be useful for beginners and entrepreneurs, as any prosperous project always has a plan to achieve the goals that it faces. If you have everything planned, it will save time and money.
What is a business plan
So, before you make a business plan, you need to understand that it should be based on a specific goal, and not on a dream. If you do not have a specific action plan, then it is unlikely that the idea will once be transferred to the status of a goal or a realized activity.
Any term has not one, but many definitions. Before describing how to make a business plan, it is necessary to note that this concept has such a definition.
Purpose of business planning
Like any other process, there should be a specific goal. In this case, the success of the project is directly dependent on a combination of three key factors:
- point "A", that is, awareness of what level you are at the current time;
- Point "B", that is, a clear idea of the ultimate goal that stands before you or your company;
- understanding of what sequence of steps will be required to move from one point to another.
Determining how to make a business plan, you need to say what it is for. Globally, the need arises in two cases, and in each of them it is written quite according to a certain algorithm: a business plan for investors, a business plan for itself.
Business plan for the investor
In this case, the main task of the document is to prove the viability of the project and the effectiveness of the use of funds invested in it. And here it does not matter at all whether their return is necessary, be it a grant, subsidy, loan or other source. If you are thinking about how to make the right business plan for investors, then the emphasis should be placed on the logical nature of the actions that you are going to take. A light bluff is allowed in moments that can secure funding. You can embellish something when writing a business plan, but the framework should be respected and not overdone.
The finished document should be logical, clean and neat. It should be all beautifully painted, give an explanation of the facts, as well as provide all the necessary information. It does not interfere with the prepared computer presentation, as well as public speaking to investors. That is why, before you make a business plan, a sample of which seemed to be most appropriate for you, you need to determine for whom it is written in the first place.
Business plan for yourself
If, when drafting this document for investors, you specifically state how many units and equipment you need, showing the cumulative data in the table, then you do not have such a need when making a plan for yourself. So, you have already presented how to make a business plan. The example that will be described demonstrates the subtleties of the approach in different cases.
For investors, you write that you need 10 such computers, with a total cost of 300 thousand rubles. And this is a necessity for starting a business, and not just a desire to make money. When a business plan is made for yourself, the situation is different. For example, you and your partner have 3 computers for two, you can find some more with relatives, simply by modernizing them a little to fit your needs. This is a figurative example, but the basic meaning should be clear. This all concerns the available resources, but you will be requesting investors to purchase funds for the purchase of new equipment, for which you will then have to report.
A similar situation concerns the case when a case is opened in the field of transportation of goods. In this case, before you make a competent business plan, you need to solve an important issue. If it is written for investors, then it indicates, for example, that you need 5 million rubles to buy 5 trucks. In this case, it would be a good guide for him in the expediency of using his funds. Even if you have 1-2 cars, you can supplement their fleet with them after financing, so that everyone will be satisfied as a result. If you talk with an investor you are talking about the necessity of buying 5 such cars, but you mention that you have 2, and 1 of them is not completely yours, then this only leads to disorientation.
When writing a business plan for an investor, you need to be as honest as possible and to describe everything in detail. If this is done for yourself, then it is important to focus on the resources at your disposal, and such a plan should be drafted in full compliance with the current realities.
To begin with, a preliminary analysis of the current situation should be conducted. Before you make a business plan for an enterprise, you need to put together information that you own, and if it is not enough, then contact third-party sources or specialists to fill the resulting gaps. SWOT analysis technology has proven itself as a method of preliminary analysis before business planning. This is a fairly easy to understand system that provides a clear structuring of all available information.
What is SWOT analysis
The abbreviation SWOT covers the following:
Strengths - strengths;
Weakness - weaknesses;
Opportunities - opportunities;
Threats are threats.
The need for such an analysis arises to assess the internal and external factors of the company, as well as to draw up an objective picture before drawing up a business plan. The template proposed by this system contains a whole set of heterogeneous indicators. For example, in this version it may be such indicators.
- products have a low cost;
- the project team is distinguished by high professionalism;
- the product or service of the company has an innovative component;
- an attractive packaging has been created for the product, and the company provides high-level services.
- there are no own premises for trade;
- Few people know the brand among potential buyers.
Opportunities and threats conceal the characteristics of the external environment, which the company cannot have a direct impact on, so they are able to influence the outcome of work in the future. These factors may include:
- The situation in the region or country of a political or economic plan;
- socio-cultural environment, that is, the characteristics of the mentality of the local population;
- The level of development of technology where business is conducted.
After analyzing all the current conditions, a complex of potential possibilities of a future project is already taking shape.
- the production of the company's product is carried out with the introduction of new technologies and materials;
- you can expect to receive additional funding for the project;
- product design will be adapted to the age and cultural characteristics in the region.
- in this segment of the market there may be strong competition;
- on the raw materials for the production of goods can be set excessive customs duties.
As a result of the SWOT analysis, you can proceed to the description of sections of the future document. So, before you make a business plan, a sample of which you like most, you need to take as a basis a specific example. In this case, the anti-cafe will be considered, which is a completely new format in cultural and entertainment establishments.
What is antikafe
The essence of such institutions is that their visitors do not order drinks or food for money, as in a traditional cafe, but pay by the minute to stay there. This allows them to play board games, play video games on the X-BOX, enjoy access to the Wi-Fi network, and organize various events: corporate parties, birthdays, parties. There may be entertainment or educational events: theater or music parties, trainings, foreign language courses, courses on playing musical instruments and so on. In such establishments it is forbidden to drink alcohol and smoke. Now you can talk about how to make a business plan, a sample of which will be described.
Required sections of the document
To understand the structure of a business plan, you need to decide which sections should be presented in it. There is a classic version, which is most often used by most entrepreneurs. It includes sections such as:
- the part with the description of the goods or services of the future organization;
- conducted market analysis and proposed marketing strategy;
- plan for future production;
- budget, that is, the section containing the financial plan;
- The final part, which prescribes the results and prospects expected from the business being created.
Before you make a business plan for a store or production, you need to spend a little brainstorming, during which the idea will be described on 1-2 pages. It is necessary to understand the picture as a whole. After that, you can proceed to a more detailed description of everything that will be included in the document. Before you create a business plan, an example of which can be found quite simply, you should collect as much information as possible regarding the project’s theme, that is, the future of the enterprise. Such data may be the following:
- analysis of the industry in which there are quantitative indicators;
- The methods used to promote your services or products;
- competitors currently on the market;
- The amount of taxes relevant to your company;
- technologies already used in your chosen industry.
In addition to all this, it is required to assess the resources of the future project, in particular, financial, temporary, intellectual, personnel and others. With the help of such information, you can create a business plan yourself, without doing a passing search for materials for its sections. This will save a lot of time and will also give good results.
Now you know how to make a business plan yourself, so you can start with a resume. This section is intended to create a positive impression among investors, and also provides a general characteristic. Here are the main points, and the size of the summary should be 2-4 pages. It is recommended to write it after the entire business plan has been compiled, since it will contain “squeeze” from all sections.
Description of goods and services
Before you make a business plan for production, you must determine what will be produced. Further, this is described:
- the main goods or services of the future company and non-essential ones;
- A description of what your customer should be;
- identification of analogues in the target market;
- description of the pricing model;
- drawing up a table in which all products will be described in detail.
This analysis will not only clearly understand what will be produced and for whom, but will also help to determine the sales markets.
Market analysis and marketing strategy
For a complete description of this section, you can ask yourself a few important questions:
- what are the market conditions for your company;
- competitors in the field;
- Promotional methods used by competitors;
- Prospective promotion tools for your products;
- Does your business have a seasonal dependence?
In the end, it is imperative to draw up a rough sales plan, dividing it into quarters, in order to understand the potential amount of revenue and net profit in question.
How to make a mini-business plan for an organization that will be engaged in direct production? This requires the following information:
- the volume of required production capacity;
- the sequence of introduction of equipment;
- the estimated dynamics of increasing future production;
- methods of delivery of the necessary materials;
- view of the entire production process in the form of a visual scheme.
The remaining sections of the business plan contain information that is of considerable importance, but it requires special attention to itself. The finished document allows you to better understand the prospects for the organization being created, and also gives investors the necessary information about the project.