The question of how to make an air rifle from scrap materials, remains relevant to this day. Many users do not leave attempts to find a good way to assemble such weapons, which will save on the purchase of a factory model. Let's look at a method of making an air rifle at home.
The most obvious scope of air rifles is educational, recreational and sport shooting. Such weapons have almost imperceptible returns, low maintenance costs. With a quality performance, an air rifle allows the user to gain basic skills in handling military weapons.
Air rifles are successfully used for firing at fixed and running targets along with small-caliber firearm samples. However, the destruction of targets from air rifles is made from a much shorter distance, on the order of 10 m.
Factory and homemade pneumatics is also used as a means for underwater fishing. Often, an air rifle is used to hunt fish in clear water with a good level of visibility.
Air rifles work step by step. First of all, the gas cylinder is pumped in manual mode according to the required power level of the shot. If the design features provide for recharging by fracturing the trunk, before the next defeat of the target, the latter is placed in the initial position.
After the pneumatic reservoir is blocked, a direct shot is possible. When you pull the trigger energy of compressed gas pushes the cartridge forward.
The accuracy of shooting depends largely on the nature of the barrel. For example, the threaded version allows you to give the cartridge a more stable trajectory.
Masters who are familiar with the standards used in the field of pneumatic weapons, point out the specific specificity of bullets for air rifles. As a factory-made ammunition, cartridges of 4.5 mm caliber and 6 mm balls are common. As for the unusual bullets, the last can be darts with a nap in the form of a skirt, which improves air locking in the muzzle channel, as well as all sorts of nails, syringes, cardboard cylinders.
DIY air gun
How to make an air rifle? As an improvised means for assembling homemade weapons, you can use parts of household utensils, everyday objects. To make an improvised air rifle, you need the following:
- For the preparation of templates for the forearm fit ordinary wood or a piece of plywood.
- In the form of a pneumatic canister it is worth using a tank from a kerosene burner. In this case, the compressed gas can be supplied through a small metalized hose.
- A standard valve from a gas stove will serve as a worthy transition valve. If such a tool is too large for the implementation of the idea, it can be slightly trimmed in accordance with the required parameters, using a file or a hacksaw.
- A hollow narrow tube from an old bed of any other design will be suitable for the role of a trunk. The main thing is that the character of the thread here corresponds to a pre-machined valve part.
- To make a rifled air gun, the barrel can be machined with the tool that was used to drill the valve.
- Do not forget about the preparation of fasteners for the cylinder. In order to increase the safety of the rifle, it can be screwed to the wooden case with nuts.
- As a means for charging improvised weapons (pumping tank), you can use an ordinary bicycle pump.
The air rifle manufactured by the above method will be somewhat inferior to the factory samples. However, its assembly and operation do not contradict legislation. Moreover, with due diligence and careful study of parts over time, you can significantly improve the performance of the rifle at the level of this pneumatics.