Country house ... City dwellers consider the owners of such real estate to be darlings of fortune or stubbornly moving towards their goal. The presence of a country house says only that the person loves nature, is ready to work to fulfill the dream. But this applies only to those for whom such a waste of money is not just an investment, but a way to find a place where you can always physically and morally relax. Such owners invest in the home and garden plots the whole soul, they do not invite designers or craftsmen, but prefer to do everything themselves.
Do you belong to this category? Do you want to improve the plot and add a touch of freshness to it? Then why not make a waterfall with your own hands? The master class of this process is described in this article. There is nothing supercomplex. In addition, you will learn how to make a waterfall in an aquarium with your own hands (this is for those who care about the atmosphere inside the house).
Choosing a place
Pond on the plot, if it is made correctly and with the soul, anywhere will look great. But ideally, you need to think through a few nuances.
- The waterfall should be located on a slope. But if there is no such site, it is possible to organize an artificial mound. This is necessary so that the water naturally flows down.
- Do not forget about the practical component of the upcoming process. You will need to deliver to the desired place building materials. Will there go an excavator (for large structures) or a wheelbarrow for transporting stones?
- Creating a waterfall with your own hands, you should remember about the need for free access to water and electrics.
- Even before the start of work, it is worth knowing where communications are laid underground, so as not to damage them by negligence.
Waterfall do-it-yourself: choose a shape
Designers recommend preferring irregular shapes. They look more natural and attractive. After all, there is nothing perfect in nature. Carefully inspect the landscape of your site. Waterfall should be its natural continuation.
The purpose of the structure dictates its depth. If the only function of an object is the accumulation of water, then nothing limits you. But if you suddenly decided to make beautiful ornamental fish or fill the bowl with plants, then its depth is optimal - half a meter. So you can keep the living creatures in the cold from freezing. Many decide to combine a pool with a waterfall. That is, it is assumed that family members will bathe in it. In this case, of course, the depth should be at least one and a half meters.
Do you decide to build a waterfall yourself? Step by step instructions will help you with this. And you should start with the selection of the necessary materials. The pool of the future construction consists of two parts. To do this, you need two tanks: the bottom one is ideally larger in volume than the top one. You can use ready-made blocks in your work or you can prefer natural stone. It is up to you to decide where to get the materials: on the river bank or in a hardware store.
In any case, you can not do without primer, sand, pebbles, quartzite, cement. You will also need a water-insulating and adhesive mixture, fiberglass. Required - water pump.
Make a waterfall with your own hands, start by driving in pegs and tensioning the ropes between them along the previously outlined contour of the pit. When you dig it, you will get a decent amount of land. It must be cleaned of debris, stones, plant roots, etc. The waterfall arrangement involves its further use. When the pit of your chosen depth is ready, sand is required to fall on its bottom. The thickness of the layer is about 12 centimeters. Sand should be carefully tamped.
Arranging the base
Making a waterfall with your own hands, you can choose different materials to create the base of the structure, for example, film, brick, concrete. Also sold finished PVC form. This is the most convenient option.
- Under the concrete base waterproofing is required to fit. Only then concrete is poured in, and a special reinforcing mesh is pressed from above. A second layer of concrete with a thickness of about 5 centimeters is also required.
- The most time-consuming option is with a brick. Masonry is done along the contour of the future reservoir.
- The use of the film suggests that you will put wet sand (a layer of about 3 centimeters) at the bottom of the pit. The film is pressed against the edges of the stones. Do not worry, it will take the necessary form as soon as you fill the pit with water. Do not forget to cut the film around the edges. It is better to do it at this stage. It is necessary to leave a stock of about 20 centimeters. The bottom of the pool is filled with soil, there are placed natural stones.
- Those who know how to make a waterfall with their own hands will say that the option with PVC film is the most relevant and simple. You will need to simply buy it in the store and lay it on the bottom of the pit. The film benefits from durability (service life over 15 years). But you have to remember one important thing: in the winter you will need to drain the water. This is due to the fact that, freezing, the water expands, and the film, even the highest quality and durable, always breaks.
Let's talk about cascades
For those who make waterfalls with their own hands, the instruction always tells about the possibility of creating different cascades. You have options:
- Stone steps. Such cascades look natural. Pick up for arrangement of flat and wide stones. But the height of the water fall, you are free to regulate themselves in the construction process. Stones are bonded to each other using cement mortar.
- Ready cascades. This is an option for the lazy. In any hardware store you will find similar designs.
- A vessel decorated with stones. This is the easiest option.
If you want to be creative, create various obstacles for water. For example, make ledges of different heights. Designers claim that the most convenient and functional cascade size is one and a half meters.
Do not forget the scenery
If you do not know how to make a waterfall with your own hands, then, having completed all the previous recommendations, think about the ways of decoration. Depending on what materials you use, the effect will be different. For example, the water will break into streams, if you apply jagged, uneven stones. And you will get a slow stream using plates with a recess in the middle. This option is more suitable for calm people looking for peace. In any case, each step is created using cement solution.
Pump - head around
Without this element to create a home waterfall with your own hands will not work. It is necessary for the water to somehow fall on the upper tier. Power equipment depends on the height of the cascade. For example, at a height of about one and a half meters, the pump power should be 70 watts. To feed the system, you will need a low-voltage transformer, usually located in the utility room, and not on the street. A transformer with a pump connects the cable.
The device is located at the bottom of the reservoir. Water will be sucked into one of its holes, and pushed out of the other. Any "handy" man will deal with this.
After pouring water and starting the pump, your miracle design will start working. In the waterfall, you can settle the fish. Do not forget about decorative flowers, moss and other plantings. They will decorate the finished design and ennoble it.
Finished making changes to the landscape design of the yard? Now you can go to the house.
Decorate the aquarium is easy
Decorative waterfalls with your own hands, you can create not only to improve the design of the infield. A talented person can always make changes in the interior of the apartment. If you have an aquarium (and such designs can now be found quite often), try to refine it yourself, without going to the store to shop for finished products. This is commendable when the owner of the house is doing something with his own hands. We offer you a simple design that will definitely be available to you.
Prepare two plastic bottles (1.5 and 0.5 liters), a rubber water hose (choose the diameter yourself - up to 30 centimeters), the dropper. You will also need a silicone sealant, a plastic water pipe (37 centimeters long), a compressor, a narrow adhesive tape, a sharp knife. That's all, we can proceed. As you can see, nothing special is rare and inaccessible.
- The plastic plumbing pipe must be cut into 3 pieces along, then bend them. So it turned out you support for the future design.
- Now the tube should be glued to the hose. Depart from the bottom edge of the hose about 3 centimeters, and then make an oval cut (size 2x1 centimeter).
- Take a bottle (capacity 1.5 liters), cut off the upper part of it together with the neck. We get a bowl along which it is necessary to make an incision.
- Now you can put the hose on the bowl by tilting the incision you made earlier (the one that is 2x1 cm).
- Adjust the diameter of the bowl, glue the ends together.
- Sealant should be glued to the place where the bowl dock with the hose.
- At the top of the hose you need to make an oval-shaped incision diagonally (2.5 x 1 centimeter).
- Take a plastic tip from the dropper and stick it to the lower end of the hose.
- Now put the tip on the tube from the dropper, and connect the other end to the compressor.
- We test the waterfall in the aquarium. If everything is normal, make a visor cover from the bottle (0.5 liter capacity) to adjust the sand ejection.
- Cut off the top of the bottle so that you get a bowl 3 centimeters high. Make a side cut, attach it to the top of the hose. The visor is fixed with adhesive tape and glued with a sealant to the hose.
- Let the structure dry out and decorate it at your discretion.
That's all. Just a few hours of work - and the waterfall for the aquarium is ready and pleases you.
If you are accustomed to creatively approach the design of your home and house territory, then a fountain or a waterfall with your own hands will not become a problem. The main thing is to carry out all the operations step by step, find the necessary materials and do not forget to use imagination and ingenuity. Such a design move is always considered winning. And you do not need to spend huge sums, attracting professionals to design. The maximum that you can do is consult a landscape designer. And then you have all the cards in hand.