Most housewives believe that the most difficult thing in preparing cabbage leaves is to prepare cabbage leaves to be filled with minced meat. Regardless of the chosen method, the process is equally long and laborious, and besides there is always the risk of scalding with steep boiling water. But make the leaves for cabbage rolls soft and can be in the microwave, which is much faster and safer than in the pan. On how to prepare cabbage for cabbage rolls in a microwave oven in many ways, we will tell in our article. Here we will present a recipe for delicious homemade cabbage rolls.
How to choose cabbage for cabbage rolls
To facilitate the laborious process of separating cabbage leaves will help to choose the right head. It is recommended that you pay attention to the following:
- For cooking cabbage rolls choose large and slightly flattened on top of the head. Usually the leaves on them are thin, smooth and well separated even without scalding.
- On the leaves there should be no damage and holes, otherwise mincemeat will fall out of them.
- Do not forget to cut or beat off the dense part of the leaf at the base of the head with a kitchen hammer.
Before you tell how to cook cabbage for cabbage rolls in a microwave oven, consider the traditional method of separating leaves. He suggests scalding the head in a pot of boiling water.
How to boil cabbage for cabbage rolls in a saucepan
Traditionally, cabbage for cabbage rolls is boiled in a large saucepan. The dimensions of the container should correspond to the selected head, so that it easily enters the pan. Let's remind, how to prepare cabbage for cabbage rolls without microwave, and in what order:
- In a four-liter pot, pour at least two liters of water and bring it to a boil.
- With cabbage weighing about 1.5 kg remove the top and spoiled leaves and, if desired, cut out a stump.
- Lower the head into boiling water, allow to boil and immediately remove the cabbage from the pan onto a plate.
- Give the head a little cool, then turn a little upper leaves and, turning the head to the stump, cut them at the base.
- After the first scalding, it is possible to remove 3-4 cabbage leaves, after which the head is again lowered into a pan of boiling water and performs all the operations in the same sequence until it is possible to remove the required number of leaves.
How to cook cabbage for cabbage rolls in microwave oven: photo and step by step instructions
A tiring of leaves of cabbage for cooking cabbage leaves is greatly facilitated by a microwave oven. In this case, the workpiece takes several times less time and effort.
How to cook cabbage for cabbage rolls in a microwave oven and in what order:
- Prepare the head: remove the top and damaged leaves from it.
- Prepare a five-liter saucepan with cold water, collected up to half the volume of the container.
- Put cabbage in a microwave oven on a stump.
- Set the power to the highest level and the operating time of the microwave for 10 minutes.
- After the specified time, the head is taken out of the microwave oven and lowered into cold water. The upper leaves will immediately begin to separate from the cabbage. They will need to be slightly expanded with their hands and cut at the base of the head. Similarly, all other flexible and elastic leaves will need to be removed. If they are firm, the head will need to be sent to the microwave for another 3 minutes, and then continue to disassemble the cabbage.
After completion of the disassembly of the head of each sheet, it will be necessary to cut off the hard part at the base with a knife or completely cut it out.
How to cook cabbage leaves in a microwave oven
This method of carving is more suitable for young cabbage with tender leaves, which can not be cooked at all, since they are already quite elastic. If you are just looking for a way how to cook cabbage for cabbage rolls in a microwave is delicious, the proposed option will suit you perfectly.
To start, the head is cut into leaves, very carefully, so as not to damage them. Otherwise, minced meat will leak through the holes. Each leaf is dampened with a small amount of water and poured into a glass plate or bowl. Then a plate with leaves, stacked stack, sent to the microwave for 2 minutes at high power. After the specified time they are pulled out, cooled and used to prepare cabbage rolls.
How to cook cabbage for cabbage rolls in a microwave oven in a package
There is another way of making cabbage in a microwave oven. Moreover, it is also considered to be the fastest, since the leaves will become soft and elastic after 4 minutes.
How to cook cabbage for cabbage rolls in a microwave quickly using the package:
- Prepare a bag or sleeve for baking.
- Put cabbage in it. Screw or tie the bag and do small holes in it.
- Set the highest microwave power and cooking time 4 minutes.
- After the specified time, head out of the microwave and put it under a stream of cold running water.
- Expand the upper leaves and cut them from the stump at the base.
In the event that the leaves seem insufficiently flexible and flexible, they can be stacked in a bag, tied up and sent back to the microwave for 2 minutes.
A recipe for tasty cabbage cabbage rolls
To prepare cabbage rolls, you can use the following recipe. In all, cabbage will be needed, about 700 grams of minced meat, a little cold boiled rice, salt and spices, as well as onions, carrots and tomato paste for cooking fry.
First you need to decide how to make cabbage for cabbage rolls in a microwave oven. The recipe assumes the use of the first method, in which a whole head is sent to the microwave immediately, and then it is already cut into leaves. Then on each leaflet hard streaks are removed, a tablespoon of filling (minced with rice) is laid out in the center of the sheet, after which it is folded with an envelope. Harvested cabbage rolls are piled in a saucepan, poured with onions, carrots and tomatoes, and water so that it covers them completely. Prepared cabbage on low heat for about 1 hour after boiling.