Skiing or snowboarding can turn into a real test if climbing a mountainside is done on its own. To facilitate the process of climbing the mountain, it is enough to understand how to use a drag lift.
What is a lift?
Specialized equipment for towing skiers consists of a descending branch that passes through a circular rotation through the elements of supporting structures located along the slope. Bugel lifts contain intermediate supports, for which the athletes are held during the ascent to the summit.
In motion, similar equipment is driven by electric drives. The design provides backup engines for diesel fuel, which are used in the event of line de-energization.
Bugelnye lifts are divided into structures with intermediate supports in the form of "plate" and "anchor". The first are represented by metal fasteners movably connected to the cable that contain a disk holder on the end. For the latter, in fact, skiers grab when picking up.
Bugelnye lifts with intermediate supports in the form of "anchor" differ in a similar design. The only difference is the presence of the T-shaped end, which can be used as a holder by several athletes at the same time.
Features of operation
How to use the lift? Photos of correct landing are presented in this material. With regard to the operation of such equipment in practice, placing on the platform, beginning snowboarders, it is recommended to unfasten one leg from attaching the board, using it to perform maneuvers during the ascent. Skiers can cope with this task a little easier.
However, you can jump onto a ski lift with a snowboard without unfastening the fasteners. It is enough to jump to the landing gear and grab the tow bar. The optimal way to climb every skiing enthusiast picks for himself, based on convenience and personal safety considerations.
When mastering a rope hoist, it is recommended to follow several rules:
- It is better to carry out loading if there are maintenance personnel who will help to catch the tow bar and settle on the intermediate support.
- For reliability when lifting, it is better to hold on to the attachment with both hands.
- It is not necessary to seat the whole body weight on the anchor or the disk mount of the lift, since the latter serve only as auxiliary support elements.
- Having located on the lift, you should try to relax and maintain even breathing, which will save energy for the subsequent descent from the top.
- If there is a drop, you must immediately release the tow bar and roll back. Such foresight will save yourself from getting injured and will not create an obstacle for behind the going skiers.
- When it is necessary to rise only to the middle of the mountain peak, it is sufficient to unload the clutch of the fastening with the cable in advance before reaching the desired point and rather move aside.
- Before using rope tows, it is worthwhile to see how other more experienced athletes cope with this task.
The secret to successful exploitation of the elevator is the need to perform calm, sensible actions. When looking at a massive mechanical design, many skiers have to fight with fear. Therefore, when landing on a pedestal, inexperienced athletes instinctively grab for the first element that comes to hand, which is the main mistake.
Assuming an oversight, which causes a fall, the main thing is not to cling to anything. After all, otherwise you can drag yourself for a long time behind the intermediate support.
In the end, the elevator is nothing more than a moving cable. It is only practice that helps in its conquest. After several ascents and full mastering of the principles of operation of the mechanism, it will be possible to proudly call ourselves a true skier.