Skiing or snowboarding can be turned into a real test, if the ascent to the mountainside is carried out on its own. To facilitate the process of climbing the mountain, it is enough to figure out how to use the rope tow.
What is a lift
Specialized equipment for towing skiers consists of a descending branch that goes through a cyclical rotation through the elements of supporting structures placed along the slope. T-bar lifts contain intermediate supports, for which the athletes are held during the ascent to the top.
In motion, such equipment is driven by electric drives. The design provides backup engines for diesel fuel, which are used in the event of line de-energization.
Rope lifts are divided into structures with intermediate supports in the form of "plates" and "anchors". The first ones are represented by metal fasteners that are movably connected to the cable, which contain a disk holder at the end. For the latter, in fact, skiers grab when raised.
T-bar lifts with intermediate supports in the form of an “anchor” are characterized by a similar design. The only difference is the presence of a T-shaped end, which can be used as a holder by several athletes at the same time.
Features of operation
How to use the rope tow? Photos of the correct fit are presented in this article. With regard to the operation of such equipment in practice, being placed on the platform, novice snowboarders are recommended to unfasten one leg from the board fastening, using it to perform maneuvers during the ascent. Skiers to cope with this task a little easier.
However, it is possible to jump on the rope tow with a snowboard without unfastening the bindings. It is enough to jump to get to the landing gear and grab onto the tow bar. Each skiing lover chooses for himself the best way of lifting, based on convenience and personal safety considerations.
Mastering the rope tow, it is recommended to follow several rules:
- It is better to carry out loading in the presence of the attendants who will help to catch a towing bar and be placed on an intermediate support.
- For reliability when performing lifting, it is better to hold onto the mount with two hands.
- You should not sit down with the weight of the whole body on the anchor or the disk mount of the lift, since the latter serve only as auxiliary supporting elements.
- Having settled on the lift, you should try to relax and maintain even breathing, which will save energy on the subsequent descent from the top.
- If a fall occurs, you must immediately release the tow bar and roll away to the side. Such prudence will help protect themselves from injury and will not create a barrier for the downhill skiers.
- When it is necessary to climb only to the middle of the mountain peak, it is enough to relieve the grip of the fastener with the cable in advance when it reaches the desired point and rather move aside.
- Before using the rope tows, it’s worth seeing how other, more experienced athletes cope with this task.
The secret of successful operation of the rope tow is the need to perform calm, judicious actions. When looking at a massive mechanical structure, many skiers have to contend with fear. Therefore, when landing on the support, inexperienced athletes instinctively grab the first element that came to hand, which is the main mistake.
When making a mistake, which causes a fall, the main thing is not to cling. Indeed, otherwise you can drag a long time for an intermediate support.
After all, the drag lift is nothing more than a moving cable. Only practice helps in his conquest. After several ascents and full development of the principles of operation of the mechanism, it will be possible to proudly call yourself a real skier.