Almost every person has mink headgear. These products are able to warm in frosty weather and can last for many years. Over time, the lining of fur hats becomes polluted, and the nap loses its natural luster. This article describes effective methods on how to clean a mink hat at home.
Features of cleaning white mink hats
Fur products of light colors require special care. For their cleaning, you can use the usual household tools that each hostess has.
To effectively clean a white mink hat home, you can use talc and starch. These tools remove grease and dust. You need to pour the fur with talc or cornstarch and carefully grind the cap movements as hand-washing. Then leave the headpiece for a few hours. During this time, the cleaner will completely absorb all the dirt.
To clean the product from residues, you can use a brush for clothes. You can also walk on the cap with a vacuum cleaner turned on for minimum power.
Clean dry fur should be gently combed with a special brush. After all these procedures, the product will look like new.
Another effective way to clean white fur is with the help of bran. It is necessary to place the bran in a saucepan or metal bowl and heat it on the fire, stirring constantly. To rub a headdress, as in the previous method. Comb out the cuts with a wooden comb.
Wet cleaning white fur hat
The most frequently asked question among owners of fur hats is how to clean a light mink hat at home with water. Wet cleaning of fur products can be done using detergent. In warm water should dissolve the required amount of detergent for wool or hair shampoo. Hands, beat the solution until foaming. Collect foam on a foam sponge and spread it evenly on all fur. Movement must be neat, so as not to damage the villi.
After processing the product, the foam must be removed with clean water and a washcloth. Put on a damp hat on a glass jar turned upside down so that it does not lose its shape. Leave to dry at room temperature away from the sun and heat sources.
As soon as the fur dries, it should be combed with a sparse brush.
Cleaning fur hats from unpleasant odors
In fur hats, the lining is most often contaminated. It contacts skin, hair, and absorbs sweat and subcutaneous fat from the body. The bacteria contained in them instantly multiply, which is why the lining quickly acquires an unpleasant odor.
There are two ways to clean the mink hat at home in the inside:
- Carefully flog the lining, wash it and stroke. Then sew in pure form to the fur.
- If it is difficult to unpick the lining, then you can try to clean it with a sponge soaked in warm, soapy water. After the procedure, the lining should be wiped with a dry cloth to remove excess moisture.
Effectively removes unpleasant odor solution prepared from ammonia or salt. In a container pour half a liter of water and dissolve in it a teaspoon of one of these funds. Wipe with a solution cap. Remove excess moisture with a towel and put it to dry naturally.
How to clean a fur hat from stains
Without resorting to the services of dry cleaning, you can get rid of stains on the fur, using household tools. Experienced housewives share tips on how to clean the mink hat at home by yourself.
- Bring the yellow can with hydrogen peroxide. In a full glass of water add a tablespoon of peroxide. Pour the solution into a spray bottle and spray the contaminated spot. To enhance the action of drying the hat should be in the sun.
- Vodka or medical alcohol is used to remove greasy stains on the fur.
- Old stains eliminates salt solution. For its preparation should be mixed in a glass of rubbing alcohol and salt in the ratio of 2:1. Apply with a brush the solution onto the stain and rinse with sponge dipped in water.
- The yellowing displays a mixture of aviation gasoline and starch. The product should be left on the fur, not yet weathered the smell of gasoline, and then knock out the cap by hand. If stains still remain, repeat the procedure again.
Before you clean the mink hat at home, it is recommended to read the following tips:
- When applying for cleaning natural products, it is important to carefully clean them. If remains of starch or bran remain in the headdress, a mole can settle in it.
- You can not soak the mink cap. Moisture from the core can become tough, and the product itself can be reduced in size.
- Wet fur hat can not be dried with a hairdryer.
- Using perfumes or other aerosol cosmetics, you should try not to spray them on the cap. Oily stains may remain on their fur, and lint can lose their natural shine.
- Remove stains when they are still fresh. Old pollution is much harder to remove.
- For cleaning white fur products can not use cologne. After drying on the fur, yellow stains may remain.
These are basic guidelines for cleaning a mink hat at home. Features of cleaning of natural fur depend on its color. The lighter the mink, the more visible it is pollution.
Proper storage of mink caps
In order for the headdress made of fur to keep its original appearance for a long time, it is important not only to know how to clean the mink hat at home, but also to follow the storage rules:
- Clean product should be stored on the shelf of the cabinet. It is necessary to put a moth remedy near the cap.
- In no case can not store mink caps in boxes and drawers. In a closed and poorly ventilated place, favorable conditions are created for moths.
- Often to ventilate the closet, which stores fur hats. There should be dry.
- The place in which the caps are made of natural fur, should be closed from the sun's rays.
- After each wearing, the cap should be placed in such a way that the inner part has access to air.