Since the isolation of the virus that causes the onset of a cancer, it was thought that the disease was contagious, so there were such illogical questions as, for example, whether cancer is transmitted through saliva. Over time, the mechanism of action on the cell was discovered, and the theory of the infectiousness of the disease was refuted.
Symptomatology of cancer is pronounced spontaneous, but manifests, as a rule, in the final stages of the development of the disease, when the disease is almost invincible. To exclude the possibility of developing a cancer in your body, undergo a regular medical examination, do not disregard your health.
Common signs of cancer
A cancerous tumor causes the cells to release toxins that negatively affect the entire body, causing the manifestation of certain symptoms. The first symptoms of cancer in men, women and children are different, but they have in common:
- For long-term treatment of diseases, problems in the struggle that arose, should think of the possibility of cancer. Symptoms not characteristic of a particular disease, the lack of results from traditional treatment – a reason to go to the doctor.
- Susceptibility to stress, reduced immunity, fast weight loss – this seemingly frivolous symptoms may indirectly indicate the development of tumors. They are inherent in any kind of cancer. Weight loss of only 5 to 7 kg is a good reason to pay attention to their health.
- If you detect any tumor, tissue deformity, growths, asymmetry of body parts, immediately contact an oncologist. Such neoplasms should be examined to rule out the development of oncology.
- Increased body temperature for no apparent reason. Fever and regular chills without other symptoms confirming the development of infectious diseases are often a sign of a tumor.
- Change the skin in the form of blanching or blue in the face, appearance of itching, irritation, dryness can talk about the defeat of the internal organs cancer. These are also possible symptoms of cancer.
- Particular attention should be paid to moles. Changing their shape, size, color and especially quantity is a reason to focus attention.
- Regular intestinal disorders, pain when urinating, the presence of blood in the feces or urine should be a bell in the diagnosis of cancer.
- Regular headaches, dizziness, a sharp increase or decrease in blood pressure is also a reason to seek help from a specialist.
- Anemia. When malfunction of the affected organs, the process of RBC production slows down, which affects the hemoglobin in the blood. Diagnosis is possible in the laboratory using the General analysis of blood, and the external manifestation is the blanching of the skin, hair loss.
The general symptoms described above often accompany other diseases and should not be overlooked in any case. There are also narrower signs of oncology, each type of cancer has its own.
Cancer Detection Methods
A person who does not have the above symptoms cannot consider himself 100% healthy. Only regular professional examinations, a number of tests and research can completely exclude the development of cancer cells in the body. To understand how cancer is transmitted, scientists conducted more than one study. And we can definitely say that in order to detect cancer at an early stage, the following steps should be taken:
- donate blood for general analysis and biochemistry;
- undergo fluorography;
- make an ECG;
- do computed tomography;
- do magnetic resonance imaging.
Frequent types of cancer in women
Cancer that is progressing exclusively in women is becoming more common: breast cancer and cervical cancer. Additional tests are required for verification:
- examination by a gynecologist;
- collecting smears for oncocytology;
- passage of mammography.
All the studies described are superficial and do not give full confidence in the absence of the disease. Get more complete information on susceptibility to cancer can be done by donating blood to detect tumor markers: alpha-fetoprotein, cancer embryonic antigen, CA-125, CA-15-3, CA-19-9, CA-242, prostate specific antigen. The presence of one or more markers indicate the development of a tumor.
Careful attention to yourself will help maintain health and, if necessary, assist in the treatment of the disease.
How cancer is transmitted: external and internal factors
In the process of developing cancer in the human body formed the tumor, which is benign and malignant. Benign tumor in most cases is removed and no longer bothers with malignant tumor have to fight over the years, but in some cases it did not manage to win.
The emergence of one of the most complicated diseases of the 21st century is due to the influence of internal and external factors.
- Ultraviolet radiation.
- Some viruses.
- Tobacco smoke.
- Air pollution.
Under the influence of external factors, the cells of the affected organ mutate. The cells begin to divide at high speed, and a tumor appears.
Internal factors in the development of a cancer
Under the influence of internal factors understand heredity. The susceptibility to cancer is due to a decrease in the body’s ability to restore the affected DNA chain, that is, immunity to cancer is reduced, with the result that the susceptibility to cancer increases.
Until now, scientists all over the world argue about the causes and methods of transmission of cancer cells. At this stage of research it was revealed that the affected cell appears as a result of genetic mutations. Throughout life, such cells mutate under the influence of external factors.
Due to the lack of methods of influence on mutation, methods for predicting the development of cancer cells are not identified, therefore, modern treatment of cancer only allows you to influence the result, suppressing tumor growth due to chemotherapy and radiation therapy.
Types of cancer that are caused by hereditary factors
In some cases, the cancer is inherited, but you need to understand that this is a very small fraction of the probability. Doctors called oncology types that are more often inherited:
- Breast cancer With a hereditary mutation of some genes, the likelihood of breast cancer rises to 95%. The presence of this type of cancer in close relatives increases the risk by half.
- Ovarian cancer. The appearance of a malignant tumor on the ovaries is doubled in the presence of this disease in close relatives.
- Lung cancer. Has the family tendency. Rapid development provokes Smoking. So, to answer the question of whether the cancer is transmitted by inheritance from his father, it can be argued that if people refuse from Smoking, the negative consequences can be avoided.
- Cancer of the stomach. 15% suffering from this type of cancer have close relatives with the same diagnosis. Stomach ulcers, pancreatitis and other diseases of the gastrointestinal tract provoke the development of cancer cells.
The most common causes of cancer
If you are wondering how cancer is transmitted, then you need not worry, because doctors have proved that 90% of the onset of cancer is due to external factors:
- Smoking. 30% of cases are caused by smoking.
- Improper nutrition. 35% of patients had digestive problems due to malnutrition.
- Infections. 14% of patients became ill as a result of a serious infectious disease.
- Effects on the body of carcinogens. Makes 5% of all cases.
- Ionization and ultraviolet radiation. 6% of patients were exposed to regular exposure.
- Alcohol. 2% of patients had alcohol dependence.
- Polluted environment. 1% of cases occur in regions with severe air pollution from heavy chemicals.
- Inactive lifestyle. 4% of patients lead a sedentary lifestyle.
What conclusions can be made?
One question about cancer can be answered unequivocally. Can you get cancer by airborne droplets? Of course not. Yes, cancer is a virus, but it is formed inside the human body, and not supplied from the outside. And yet, how is cancer? Of Contracting cancer is impossible by any known means. Cell mutations are passed on exclusively at the gene level. In addition, the person affected by such a terrible disease, like cancer, in need of support, communication and care, and certainly not in isolation and contempt. No one is immune, no vaccine against cancer, and the only thing people can do is to lead a healthy lifestyle.
Many are also frightened by the question of how blood cancer is transmitted. The answer is unequivocal - it is not transmitted through blood! Once in the body of a healthy person, the affected cells will simply leave the body after some time, without causing any harm.
Doctors and scientists around the world do not cease to work on methods of diagnosis and treatment of cancer. The time is not far off when the state of health can be obtained from an instant blood test. In the meantime, this time has not come, it is important to carefully consider your health, listen and hear your body, because in some cases, the cancer is inherited. A timely appeal to specialists will help save your life and protect your loved ones from the loss of dear people.