Since the release of the virus that caused the onset of cancer, it was thought that the disease was contagious, so there were such illogical questions as, for example, whether the cancer is transmitted through saliva. Over time, the mechanism of exposure to the cell was uncovered, and the theory of the infectiousness of the disease was disproved.
Symptomatic cancer is clearly spontaneous, but manifests itself, as a rule, in the late stages of the disease, when the disease is almost invincible. To exclude the possibility of developing a cancerous tumor in your body, go through regular medical check-up, do not disregard your health.
Common signs of cancer
A cancerous tumor causes the cells to release toxins that negatively affect the entire body, causing a manifestation of certain symptoms. The first symptoms of cancer in men, women and children are of different nature, but have common features:
- For long-term treatment of diseases, problems in the struggle that arose, should think of the possibility of cancer. Symptoms not characteristic of a particular disease, the lack of results from traditional treatment – a reason to go to the doctor.
- Susceptibility to stress, reduced immunity, fast weight loss – this seemingly frivolous symptoms may indirectly indicate the development of tumors. They are inherent in any kind of cancer. Weight loss of only 5 to 7 kg is a good reason to pay attention to their health.
- If any tumor is found, tissue deformation, growths, asymmetry of parts of the body, immediately consult an oncologist. Such neoplasms should be examined to exclude the development of oncology.
- A rise in body temperature without an obvious cause. Fever and regular chills without other symptoms confirming the development of infectious diseases are often a sign of the presence of a tumor.
- Change the skin in the form of blanching or blue in the face, appearance of itching, irritation, dryness can talk about the defeat of the internal organs cancer. These are also possible symptoms of cancer.
- Particular attention should be paid to birthmarks. Change in their shape, size, color and especially quantity - an occasion to sharpen attention.
- Regular disorders of the intestines, pain during urination, the presence of blood in feces or urine should become a bell in the diagnosis of cancer.
- Regular headaches, dizziness, sudden increase or decrease in blood pressure are also an occasion to seek help from a specialist.
- Anemia. When malfunction of the affected organs, the process of RBC production slows down, which affects the hemoglobin in the blood. Diagnosis is possible in the laboratory using the General analysis of blood, and the external manifestation is the blanching of the skin, hair loss.
The general symptomatology described above often accompanies other diseases and should not be left without attention in any case. There are also more narrow signs of manifestation of oncology; each type of cancer has its own.
Methods for detecting cancer
A person who does not have the above symptoms, can not consider himself healthy by 100%. Only regular professional examinations, a series of tests and studies can completely exclude the development of cancer cells in the body. To understand how cancer is transmitted, scientists have conducted more than one study. And unequivocally it is possible to say that in order to identify the oncological disease at an early stage it is necessary to perform the following actions:
- to donate blood for general analysis and biochemistry;
- to undergo a fluorography;
- make an electrocardiogram;
- to make a computer tomography;
- make a magnetic resonance tomogram.
Frequent varieties of cancer in women
Increasingly, cancer is gaining, progressing exclusively in women: breast cancer and cervical cancer. For verification, additional studies are required:
- examination of a gynecologist;
- collection of a smear for oncocytology;
- passage of mammography.
All described studies are superficial and do not give full confidence in the absence of ailment. To get more information about the predisposition to cancer development, you can donate blood for detection of oncomarkers: alpha-fetoprotein, cancer embryonic antigen, CA-125, CA-15-3, CA-19-9, CA-242, prostate-specific antigen. The presence of one or more markers indicates the development of the tumor.
Attentive attitude to yourself will help to maintain health and, if necessary, to help in the treatment of the disease.
How is cancer transmitted: external and internal factors
In the process of developing cancer in the human body formed the tumor, which is benign and malignant. Benign tumor in most cases is removed and no longer bothers with malignant tumor have to fight over the years, but in some cases it did not manage to win.
The emergence of one of the most complex diseases of the 21st century is due to the impact of internal and external factors.
- Ultraviolet radiation.
- Some viruses.
- Tobacco smoke.
- Air pollution.
Under the influence of external factors mutation of the cells of the affected organ occurs. Cells begin to divide at high speed, and a tumor appears.
Internal factors of cancer development
Under the influence of internal factors, heredity is understood. Predisposition to cancer is caused by a decrease in the ability of the body to restore the affected DNA chain, that is, the immunity to cancer is reduced, resulting in a predisposition to cancer increases.
Until now, scientists around the world are arguing about the causes and ways of transmitting cancer cells. At this stage of the study, it was found that the affected cell appears as a result of genetic mutations. Throughout life, such cells mutate under the influence of external factors.
Due to the lack of methods for influencing the mutation, methods for predicting the development of cancer cells are not defined, so modern treatment of cancer can only affect the result, suppressing tumor growth through chemotherapy and radiotherapy.
Types of cancer that are caused by hereditary factors
In some cases, cancer is inherited, but it must be understood that this is a very small fraction of the probability. Doctors named the types of oncology, which are most often transmitted by inheritance:
- Breast cancer. With a hereditary mutation of some genes, the probability of occurrence of breast cancer rises to 95%. The presence of this type of cancer in close relatives raises the risk by half.
- Ovarian cancer. The appearance of a malignant tumor on the ovaries is doubled if this ailment is present in close relatives.
- Lung cancer. Has the family tendency. Rapid development provokes Smoking. So, to answer the question of whether the cancer is transmitted by inheritance from his father, it can be argued that if people refuse from Smoking, the negative consequences can be avoided.
- Cancer of the stomach. 15% suffering from this type of cancer have close relatives with the same diagnosis. Stomach ulcers, pancreatitis and other diseases of the gastrointestinal tract provoke the development of cancer cells.
The most common causes of cancer
If you are wondering about the way cancer is transmitted, you do not have to worry, because doctors still prove that 90% of oncology is due to external factors:
- Smoking. 30% of cases are caused by smoking.
- Incorrect food. 35% of the patients had digestive problems due to malnutrition.
- Infections. 14% of patients became ill as a result of a serious infectious disease.
- Effects on the body of carcinogens. Is 5% of all cases.
- Ionization and ultraviolet radiation. 6% of patients were exposed to regular irradiation.
- Alcohol. 2% of patients had alcohol dependence.
- Contaminated environment. 1% of cases are in regions with heavy air pollution by heavy chemicals.
- Low-activity lifestyle. 4% of patients lead a sedentary lifestyle.
What conclusions can be drawn?
One question about cancer can be answered unequivocally. Can you get cancer by airborne droplets? Of course not. Yes, cancer is a virus, but it is formed inside the human body, and not supplied from the outside. And yet, how is cancer? Of Contracting cancer is impossible by any known means. Cell mutations are passed on exclusively at the gene level. In addition, the person affected by such a terrible disease, like cancer, in need of support, communication and care, and certainly not in isolation and contempt. No one is immune, no vaccine against cancer, and the only thing people can do is to lead a healthy lifestyle.
Many are also frightened by the question of how blood cancer is transmitted. The answer is unequivocal - it is not transmitted through the blood! Getting into the body of a healthy person, the affected cells will simply leave the body after a while, without causing any harm.
Doctors and scientists around the world do not stop working on methods of diagnosis and treatment of cancer. The time is not far off when one can learn about the state of health from an instant blood test. And while this time has not come, it is important to carefully treat your health, listen and hear your body, because in some cases, cancer is inherited. Timely appeal to specialists will help save your life and protect your loved ones from loss of dear people.