Flowering lilac bushes decorate yards, suburban areas and parks during the late spring, spreading around itself a delicate and delicate aroma. When the lilac blossoms, it seems that even the air is filled with its beautiful mood. Fragrant and fluffy inflorescences, consisting of tightly fitting small flowers, do not cease to admire their beauty. Poets at all times sang "lilac beauty" in their poems. A lot of artists depicted this spring flower. We will tell you how to draw a lilac simply and beautifully. Let's try?
How to draw a lilac: in stages for beginners
Have enough patience, and an amazing world of art will open before you.
Today you "touch" a very popular topic in painting and you will also learn how to draw a lilac with a pencil.
Initially, you need to create a shape or a stem of the lilac branch.
Next, draw a drawing of flowers, leaves and other details.
Next we will tell you how to draw a lilac with a pencil step by step. For beginners, you can simplify this technique:
- Step 1. Mark the future shape of the inflorescence in the center of your leaf. It must resemble a triangle in some way. Draw from it below a few large leaves. And from under them should look a thin stalk.
- Step 2. Give your leaves a shape: circle a smooth curved line and draw a sharp tip, indicating the axis. Draw the stem, or rather the branch itself. Inflorescence circle a barely noticeable, but very twisty contour without corners.
- Step 3. Inside the main form, draw small flowers with four petals and a quadrangular middle. Perhaps, somewhere, a flower with five petals was lost.
- Step 4. Continue painting the empty spaces with small colors. Their density and location can be different. On the leaves of the lilac, it is necessary to draw characteristic veins.
- Step 5. Perform the hatching in the voids and on the leaves between the flowers.
What do you need?
For work you will need:
- Thick white sheet of paper (from a conventional notebook sheet or album to a design parchment).
- A well-tempered simple pencil.
- Any convenient working surface: a folder, a table, a book.
- Colour pencils.
Drawing the "May Flower"
Now you will learn how to draw a lilac in stages. For beginners, this is the easiest way to do this. This lesson is easy enough, even a child can cope with it.
- Step 1. First, draw a shape or a base of lilac. Draw flowers and stems, marking them with circles.
- Step 2. Add schematic leaves. If you are a beginner artist and want to draw a lilac, it's worth starting with one twig and practicing well. Then you can start more lush and beautiful bouquets.
- Step 3. In the painted circles, represent the flowers of the lilac. Four petals in each flower. Fill gradually the entire volume.
- Step 4. Now you need to draw more lines, so that the lilac flowers stand out more against the background of the leaves.
- Step 5. Draw streaks on the leaves. You can neatly shade the petals and flowers of the painted lilac.
Now you know how to draw a lilac in stages. True, nothing complicated?
Drawing from nature or photos
To depict small flowers of lilac simply. The difficulty lies in how to correctly place the inflorescences in order to make a beautiful bunch of them. So get a real twig of lilac and put it in a glass.
How should you consider it and experiment. Also as a sample you can use photos with a picture of lilac.
The shape of the lilac flower is simple, it is a cylindrical long bowl that ends with four petals. They are located on the same level and distance. They have the same size and shape. Practice depicting individual flowers at different angles. Then you can enter them in a circle or an oval. The petals, depending on the variety or species, can have a round, diamond or pointed shape.
The layout and shape of the future picture
If you want to draw one or more bunches, first identify the pieces in which they should fit. Be sure to mark the direction of the main stem, because it holds many branches with flowers. Also specify the direction and size of the leaves. Before you start working on a large flowering branch, work out well.
Preliminary draw a small part of the lilac, where each flower is clearly visible. This will help you in the future quickly and easily create more complex pictures. In simple figures, you can include a bunch, either as a whole or as a separate flower.
Arrangement of flowers and buds
It is also necessary to properly arrange the flowers on the branches, they must fit into the previously planned form. At the ends of the branches are often located buds - depict them. It is also important to place the flowers at different angles, taking into account the volume of the blossoming brush.
When you display a bunch consisting of a large number of individual small flowers, you do not have to draw each individually. A quick drawing will look more natural and better. It is important that the bunch is well received in general. After simple sketches and a small workout, you can return to the branch with several bunches. In the previously outlined figures, represent small flowers.
To give the volume or coloring of a branch, it is necessary to depict its shape well. The lilac brush is somewhat similar to a cone or ball. To make the picture volume, be sure to paint each flower separately - consider the appearance of the entire bunch. All objects placed closer to the light will be much lighter, and the distant ones will be darker.
Consider that the shadow is formed in the depth of the foliage and between the flowers. If the branch is liquid, lumens will be visible. Perhaps this will help you create a picture with beautiful colors in various compositions.
How to draw a lilac in color? For this you can use colored pencils.
First you need to imagine where your shadow falls in your picture.
Then you can decorate. For the leaves, use a green pencil, and for flowers - lilac. Do not forget to darken and brighten certain areas. This nuance will help make your drawing more colorful. This can be done in two ways:
- apply several different shades of green and lilac;
- if necessary, loosen the pressure or press the pencil harder.
With this simple technique, you can paint pictures of beautiful and large bouquets. The main thing is to harmoniously place them on a piece of paper, and also try to competently combine the branches of lilac. Learn, and you will definitely get a masterpiece.