Flowering lilac bushes adorn the courtyards, summer cottages and parks in the late spring period, spreading around themselves a delicate and delicate aroma. When flowering lilac gives the impression that even the air is filled with her wonderful mood. Fragrant and fluffy inflorescences, consisting of tightly fitting small flowers, do not cease to amaze with their beauty. Poets at all times sang "lilac beauty" in their poems. Quite a lot of artists portrayed this spring flower. We will tell you how to paint a lilac simply and beautifully. Let's try?
How to draw a lilac: step by step for beginners
Be patient and you will discover the wonderful world of art.
Today you will “touch” a very popular topic in painting and learn how to draw lilac with a pencil.
Initially, you need to create a shape or base of a lilac branch.
Next, make a drawing of flowers, leaves and other details.
Next, we'll tell you how to draw a lilac pencil in stages. For beginners, you can simplify this technique:
- Step 1. Mark the future shape of the inflorescence in the center of your leaf. It should be something like a triangle. Draw from it below several large leaves. And from under them should look out a thin stalk.
- Step 2. Shape your leaves: draw a smooth curved line and draw a sharp tip, indicating the axis. Draw the stem, or rather the branch itself. Circle inflorescence barely noticeable, but very winding contour without corners.
- Step 3. Inside the main form, draw small flowers with four petals and with a quadrilateral center. Perhaps somewhere lost and a flower with five petals.
- Step 4. Continue to sketch empty spaces with small flowers. Their density and location may be different. On the leaves of lilac, you must draw characteristic veins.
- Step 5. Perform hatching in the voids and on the leaves between the flowers.
What do you need?
For work you will need:
- Thick white sheet of paper (from a regular notebook sheet or landscape paper to designer parchment).
- Well otochenny simple pencil.
- Any convenient work surface: folder, table, book.
- Colour pencils.
Draw a "May Flower"
Now you will learn how to draw a lilac in stages. For beginners in pencil it will be the easiest to do. This lesson is quite easy, even a child can handle it.
- Step 1. First draw a shape or base of lilac. Draw the flowers and stems, denoting their circles.
- Step 2. Add sketchy leaves. If you are a novice artist and want to paint a lilac, you should start with a single sprig and practice well. Then you can proceed to the more lush and beautiful bouquets.
- Stage 3. In the drawn circles depict the flowers of lilac. Four petals in each flower. Gradually fill the entire volume.
- Step 4. Now you need to draw more lines so that the lilac flowers stand out more against the background of leaves.
- Stage 5. Draw streaks on the leaves. You can carefully shade the petals and flowers painted lilac.
Now you know how to draw a lilac in stages. True, nothing complicated?
We draw from life or photos
To portray the small flowers of lilac is simple. The difficulty lies in how to properly place the inflorescences in order to make a beautiful bunch of them. Therefore, get a real sprig of lilac and put it in a glass.
Look at it and experiment. Also as a sample you can use photos with the image of a lilac.
The shape of a lilac flower is simple, it is a cylindrical long bowl, which ends with four petals. They are placed at the same level and distance. Have the same size and shape. Practice painting individual flowers at a different angle. Then you can write them in a circle or oval. Petals, depending on the variety or type, may have a round, diamond-shaped or pointed form.
The layout and shape of the future picture
If you want to draw one or more clusters, first identify the shapes in which they should fit. Be sure to note the direction of the main stem, because it holds many branches with flowers. Also indicate the direction and size of the leaves. Before you start working on a large flowering branch, practice well.
Pre-paint a small part of the lilac, where each flower is clearly visible. This will help you to create more complex patterns quickly and easily. In simple shapes, you can include a bunch, as a whole, or separately flowers.
The arrangement of flowers and buds
It is also necessary to properly arrange the flowers on the branches, they must fit into the previously outlined form. At the ends of the branches are often buds - draw them. It is also important to place the flowers at different angles, taking into account the volume of the blooming brush.
When depicting a bunch consisting of a large number of individual small flowers, it is not necessary to draw each one individually. A quick pattern will look more natural and better. It is important that the bunch is well perceived as a whole. After simple sketches and a small workout, you can return to the branch with a few clusters. In the previously outlined figures depict small flowers.
To give a volume or colorize a branch, you need to portray its shape well. The brush of lilac is somewhat similar to a cone or ball. To give a volume to the pattern, be sure to paint each flower individually - consider the look of the whole bunch. All objects placed closer to the light will be much lighter, and distant objects will be darker.
Consider the fact that the shadow is formed in the depth of the foliage and between the flowers. If the sprig is liquid - gaps will be visible. Perhaps this will help you create a picture of beautiful flowers in a variety of compositions.
How to draw lilac in color? For this you can use colored pencils.
First you need to imagine where the shadow falls on your picture.
Then you can decorate. Use green pencil for leaves and lilac for flowers. Do not forget to darken and lighten certain areas. This nuance will help make your drawing more colorful. This can be done in two ways:
- apply several different shades of green and lilac;
- where needed, loosen pressure or press down hard on the pencil.
With this simple technique, you can write pictures of beautiful and large bouquets. The main thing is to arrange them harmoniously on a sheet of paper, and also try to correctly combine the branches of lilac among themselves. Learn, and you will definitely get a masterpiece.